Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Careful, that'll make you go blind. Plus, hairy palms.

Seriously I was the biggest A-hole back in the day. I would race guys and try to drive them off the road for heavens sake! The best thing I ever did was apologize to everyone about that when I signed up here. That’s the best thing that happened to me joining this site.

V6 Forever!

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
But finally as a guy that minored in psychology, the guys who dislike me the most maybe, just maybe, see something in me they don’t like about themselves. I have repented and keep repenting and it feels good afterward...
Or it could be your tendency to state innuendo as fact? Just a thought.. Repent on brother!

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My first Mustang was an '04 GT with a whopping 260hp (a lot at the time) and I enjoyed it. The V6s and EBs made more than in the later S197s and all of the S550s, so how can they be any worse than the '04 GT? They have more power, IRS, better interior, backup camera, etc., so they seem like a really good option to me (especially given their better gas mileage). On top of that, I don't really care what someone else drives, so it never even occurred to me to think of any one not buying a GT/V8 in a negative way.

Obviously if there are discussions about performance and things, the facts are that the V8s put out more power, etc., so that may bring some negative comparisons between the two cars, but that's just comparing specific statistics. Shelby owners have more power than the GT, so they'll outperform them in most situations, and a McLaren 720s will outperform all of those - rarely is someone at the top of the performance heap. There's always someone who has a faster car, so just get what you like and enjoy it.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I for one appreciate all sides of the Mustang spectrum. Even though I have a v6 I don’t feel lacking. I’m having a ton of fun learning to wrench on my car and install all my mods.

The v6 platform has been an awesome experience to learn on. Plus it’s a great daily driver. Will I want to try and one day get into a v8? Sure, but that time will come.

I just can’t understand why any Mustang owner would look down on any other Mustang owner. It’s a community / brotherhood and all models can be appeciated imo.

What I love most about this forum is all the amazing people who are far smarter than me who go into such great detail about performance and modifications.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 2 3.7 Cyclone motor ponies. Enjoyed them both, built the last one so well it sold well. Then Ford killed the 3.7 and I upgraded to a Gen 2 Coyote motor. 48,500 miles later I still prefer Mustangs over Mopar or Cheby. I enjoy the design and building of these ponies so much I may never stop! I did a 55 roll last week with a 370Z and enjoyed a "Run thru the twisty's" with the guy. I drive with a ZL1 owner as well. It's a sport for me and learning R&D I enjoy.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
The GT superiority complex exists mostly on the internet. The V6 Mustang has become a "meme" and if you don't have a coyote you're some sort of loser or something. It's on this forum in good measure, but it's not community breaking. Bad apples etc etc. Outside of M6G, it's very pervasive. Jalopnik loves to rag on the 3.7 stangs, they really get a good laugh out of it. Reddit too.

In real life, I never really face it. When I meet other owners, or car enthusiasts, it's all positive. I think most people are more pleasant in person because they're not behind a keyboard.

I sold my 3.15 diff to another member that's going to be supercharging his coyote. A part from my lowly 300hp V6 car is going to help propel a 700hp V8 beast. We're all one happy family.

Just like any family, we're all a little different. There doesn't need to be inter-model bashing, especially if it's mostly people with the biggest engines punching down. TBF this was a bigger problem many months ago but the mods cleaned stuff up and it seems like most users are much more nice to each other these days.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
This is retarded. Everyone here gets to drive something that looks stunning and has over 300hp I literally cannot understand the bickering.
Unfortunately for some, EVERYTHING in life just has to be a “locker room contest”.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
The GT/Ecoboost/V6 Rivalry!
Do you think non-GT owners are simply intimidated by this board and so post less often that the GT owners?
Intimidated and often very sedated from medication for severe depression caused by buyer's remorse.

But seriously.......buy what you like, can afford etc. I got a GT b/c everything I wanted was in a base car and it was well under $30K and I could afford it. To me the GT is worth it b/c I'm a complete sucker for the V8 sound and man, does this car sound awesome and I like the power too. Just driving it at pretty normal speeds is still very satisfying for me. Add the fact that I work from home and don't have to sit in traffic in it, makes it ever better.

But everyone's needs, tastes, situation varies.

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Intimidated and often very sedated from medication for severe depression caused by buyer's remorse.

But seriously.......buy what you like, can afford etc. I got a GT b/c everything I wanted was in a base car and it was well under $30K and I could afford it. To me the GT is worth it b/c I'm a complete sucker for the V8 sound and man, does this car sound awesome and I like the power too. Just driving it at pretty normal speeds is still very satisfying for me. Add the fact that I work from home and don't have to sit in traffic in it, makes it ever better.

But everyone's needs, tastes, situation varies.
Buyers remorse usually happens to somebody that spent 50 grand on a car that should have Weber decals on it...

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I say buy what you want. What you drive doesn't make any difference to me. That being said, I won't dismiss that there are quite a few meatheads out there that think not having a 5.0 badge equates to being a loser or a "girly man" or some nonsense.... well, that's why they are meatheads. Guess what? Those meatheads are everywhere.. it doesn't matter if you drive a Camaro, a BMW, a Toyota, whathaveyou... if you haven't bought a ZL1, M-car or the new "Supra", to them you are inferior.

In short, WHO CARES!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The Ecoboost car is supremely popular in SCCA D Street while the GT PP car routinely gets a spanking in F Street by base Camaro SS (THE car to have in F Street by far).

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yah, performance cars.

If you have good Karma with a car – trust me – stay with that car! I just got back from washing the car manually. It had a week’s worth of salt marinating on it and it is still wet outside. But I went there at like 5:00am and arrived with two other guys thinking the same thing. We washed the cars and then drove slowly down the side streets just like I did in my twenties. A guy comes up beside me in a freshly washed black Volkswagen and we just look at each other as he passes me at like 30km an hour – guess he has to be somewhere. So I park it in my garage fully knowing that this thing will be covered in salt tomorrow morning when I have to check out the girlfriend’s car – but whatever. It did occur to me that I am juggling 3 women at the same time and I’m almost 60! Respect Fats for that if for nothing else!

But you do notice you are in the company of young guys doing the same thing and driving these performance cars 24/7. I know what businessmen my age are doing. Forget about a Mustang GT, they have real expensive sports cars – but get this – for at least four months of the year they are driving their Eddy Bauer Edition of a Ford Explorer or something like that. In fact the sports car only comes out for a few hours on the weekend. Sort of like a detachable penis. The reality is that when people see this guy he is this old fart driving an SUV, and he has this nice sports car in the garage when he needs to reaffirm his masculinity. But these other guys washing the salt off their cars are the real thing. They are dating and free, and this is part of it. If I was married again I would be sleeping at 5:00am. Then the wife would have me grocery shopping or Costco and maybe visiting her friends. Pussy whipped. Satisfied on a base level but things are settled for you.

But don’t try to tell me you aren’t the guy driving that boxy Ford Explorer because you have a sports car under a tarp at a storage locker or at the cottage. “You” are the guy drying a Ford Explorer. I drive my little V6 Mustang every day. That is how people see me. So I don’t know what to tell you guys. Buy the sports car if you want to relive your youth but unless you are stuck with it 24/7 don’t’ believe it will redefine you – Especially if you just drive it occasionally and store it for the winter. You still aren’t that guy.

As for me getting stuck with my little V6, it has been nothing but good Karma. And you just know if I bought a GT there would be engine problems and the loner would be some shitty Ford Festiva which looks so wrong for a guy pushing 60! Trust me! That is what would have happened. The plan actually is to get the Vette before I retire, but that is essentially me holding up the white flag in my life and hanging up the car keys. I‘m not changing anything right now…

Sponsored

Last edited: