Sponsored

The gripe thread (Mach 1 vs GT350, GT, etc)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I just did the B&P with a GT Premium and the base Mach 1 premium.
Trying to keep both cars as close and comparable as possible. The GT ended up being a 401A pp1, with the automatic, Magnaride, active exhaust, and navigation, with a sticker of $54,685. The Mach 1 without navigation came to $57,090. Now consider that the Mach 1 comes with heavier springs, sway bars, coolers for brakes, transmission, and differential as well as 20 extra horses. The price difference is $2405.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I just did the B&P with a GT Premium and the base Mach 1 premium.
Trying to keep both cars as close and comparable as possible. The GT ended up being a 401A pp1, with the automatic, Magnaride, active exhaust, and navigation, with a sticker of $54,685. The Mach 1 without navigation came to $57,090. Now consider that the Mach 1 comes with heavier springs, sway bars, coolers for brakes, transmission, and differential as well as 20 extra horses. The price difference is $2405.
Cooler for brakes???
That must the most unique feature of Mach1!!!!😁

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Not really comparing them, just the price. I don’t really care about magnaride, just the Mach badge and the looks :rockon:, but not enough to pay $10k more. And our GT will have active exhaust (see signature). And no didn’t do online build with handling pack. Premium Mach, Elite, automatic, upgraded wheels.
Did you guys order from Granger or elsewhere?

I saw your build date and I'm wondering how many of use are gonna show up in December hah

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I actually read all five pages and my view was still the same even before this thread came out 3 moths ago. The Mach 1 is a joke compared to the GT 350. OP… cancel and get a C8.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Luxury start with well aligned body panels and even gaps…
It’s totally fine for the Mustang not to be a luxury car, let’s no pretend that it is something that it is not…
The post I was replying to said that the Premium GT isn't even worth the extra cost because it's not as nice as an Audi. I'm saying that's silly. I said myself (though maybe not very clearly) in the post you're replying to that the build quality in the Stang isn't up to snuff with luxury cars in this segment, but the additions that the Premium trim brings are well worth it if you want to "meet in the middle", and many parts of it are as good as luxury or near-luxury competitors.

That doesn't mean I think a GT Premium is a luxury car.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really comparing them, just the price. I don’t really care about magnaride, just the Mach badge and the looks :rockon:, but not enough to pay $10k more. And our GT will have active exhaust (see signature). And no didn’t do online build with handling pack. Premium Mach, Elite, automatic, upgraded wheels.
Ah ok, so you were talking about your specific tastes, my mistake. I thought you were speaking more generally. Yeah, it sounds like a Mach 1 wouldn't be a great investment for you.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Wow, I actually read all five pages and my view was still the same even before this thread came out 3 moths ago. The Mach 1 is a joke compared to the GT 350. OP… cancel and get a C8.
1631767440444.gif

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you read the full OP and still don't understand why anyone would buy a Mach 1? I'd think that means you're either a troll/edgelord, or you're ridiculously closed-minded. It's one thing to have a preference, it's another to not at all understand why the Mach 1 has appeal at this point.

There are some cars out there I would never in a million years buy... But I still understand/respect why some people do... Usually lol.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
but not enough to pay $10k more. And our GT will have active exhaust (see signature).
When you don't need GT Performance Package 1 (that costs $6500), then you don't need Mach 1 at all, and it's completely pointless to compare to it.

That doesn't mean I think a GT Premium is a luxury car.
I wouldn't want one of those fancy German luxury cars like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, that cost arm and a leg to buy, service and repair. I specced M4 and it still is 35k more expensive here than my Mach 1.

The Mach 1 is a joke compared to the GT 350. OP… cancel and get a C8.
Seat time zero, mouth full of shite. Always wondrous to have constructive debate with such people.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yeah cause you can totally find a C8 and get one for the same price as a Mach 1. Or within $20K.

I’d never buy one anyway since you have to get an automatic.

OP
OP
Kermut

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
The C8 is indeed an amazing car from all that I've heard, but it's also a two seater coupe, and I need the +2 functionality since I will be occasionally transporting my toddler (and apparently, in a few months, newborn!) around.

The, "The Mach 1 is a joke compared to the GT 350" comment is not constructive, as it does not provide any specific supporting reasons or observations. Variations on this theme are sadly not an uncommon expression, which is why I made this thread. As others have noted, with the shortages in Mach 1 at dealer lots (or more importantly, in the hands of friendly forum readers!) most of us have been forced to order without having a chance to get any seat time, making our purchases a leap of faith; this is why comments such as yours are very demoralizing, and frankly inappropriate to the forums unless you have first hand reason or experience for stating such.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The C8 is indeed an amazing car from all that I've heard, but it's also a two seater coupe, and I need the +2 functionality since I will be occasionally transporting my toddler (and apparently, in a few months, newborn!) around.

The, "The Mach 1 is a joke compared to the GT 350" comment is not constructive, as it does not provide any specific supporting reasons or observations. Variations on this theme are sadly not an uncommon expression, which is why I made this thread. As others have noted, with the shortages in Mach 1 at dealer lots (or more importantly, in the hands of friendly forum readers!) most of us have been forced to order without having a chance to get any seat time, making our purchases a leap of faith; this is why comments such as yours are very demoralizing, and frankly inappropriate to the forums unless you have first hand reason or experience for stating such.
congrats on the 2nd one!

don't forget the matching recaro childs seat:
https://www.adaptivemall.com/remore...MIiqWLytmD8wIVoCCtBh3QkARaEAQYASABEgKSJ_D_BwE

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't want one of those fancy German luxury cars like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, that cost arm and a leg to buy, service and repair. I specced M4 and it still is 35k more expensive here than my Mach 1.
I agree to an extent, but there are things those cars give you that you can't get in the Mach 1... though I see very little reason to buy something like an M4 these days, heh.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I agree to an extent, but there are things those cars give you that you can't get in the Mach 1... though I see very little reason to buy something like an M4 these days, heh.
like crippling debt and anxiety? Kinda like owning a newer diesel beyond the warranty... It is just a ticking timebomb until you have to take out a second mortgage to pay for repairs.
Sponsored