Sponsored

The Force Is Strong"R" With This One

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
50 deep, thanks for the pics. Looks like a score on that spoiler, dead on match for the more expensive part # and it's painted too!
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nice pics and info, thanks!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Any of you fellas want to ship a Canuck one? I get quotes north of $2500 up here for that same part number and no stock. Haha.

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Any of you fellas want to ship a Canuck one? I get quotes north of $2500 up here for that same part number and no stock. Haha.
I got quotes of 3800 list up here for that, selling price around 3000. When i said 400 in the US they sent a inquiry to Ford and the prices were setup wrong in Canada, new list was 800 and change, discounted price probably 600 or so, maybe try your dealer again. This was yesterday when they got back to me, but i already bought one out of the US.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Well we are close to installation. The spoiler came in today. Looks like it is all prepared and ready to install from Ford. It even comes with a template for the install if your trunk lid does not have holes. I hope this confirms everyones suspicions. Do not be surprised if yours needs a little buffing when you open it. mine has some light scratches from bouncing around inside the box. I am a little OCD about stuff like that though.

I also got the oil separators and coolant expansion tank on today. Both the oil separators installed fairly easy. About 45 minutes total for everything. Here is a before shot.

For the passenger side separator the moving of the wires is super simple. It literally involves pushing them over a few inches to install the tabs, then that is it. The passenger side loom clips back into the separator bracket. For both separators i would advise getting all the tubes connected first, then lock down the separator. The instructions recommend you mount the separator first, then do the connections. I found it harder to get the connections in place with the separators installed, and had to loosen them back up.

The tank cover was pretty easy to install also and does clean up the engine bay a lot. The quality of the plastic is not quite what i expected for the price, but it does serve its purpose. For the install I can see the plastic needs to be a little pliable.

The driver side is super easy also. These slip fittings on the tubes are a sinch. The driver side recommends trimming the sound deadening on one of the push pin tabs on the shock tower. I just reused the plastic push pin that originally came out since it was longer. If i need to at some point it will lightly trim the sound deadening and install the new one. The amount you need to trim is only a few mm at most.

I should have the spoiler installed Wednesday or Thursday depending on my time after work.
Great Pics!!! Finally a picture of the driver side catch can! What is the part number for that black tank cover? Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I got quotes of 3800 list up here for that, selling price around 3000. When i said 400 in the US they sent a inquiry to Ford and the prices were setup wrong in Canada, new list was 800 and change, discounted price probably 600 or so, maybe try your dealer again. This was yesterday when they got back to me, but i already bought one out of the US.
Beautiful. Apologize for the thread hijack as well. Your car is coming along perfectly 50!

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
50 deep, thanks for the pics. Looks like a score on that spoiler, dead on match for the more expensive part # and it's painted too!
I saw that last night, crazy the pricing disparity. Goes to show why getting a car repaired is so costly.

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
I should have the spoiler installed Wednesday or Thursday depending on my time after work.

Please give explicit details about the spoiler install with pix! Like pix of what holes already exist in trunk, etc etc. Would be amazing if everything lined up from tech spoiler and was as easy as just unbolting the old and re-bolting the new...

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
Please give explicit details about the spoiler install with pix! Like pix of what holes already exist in trunk, etc etc. Would be amazing if everything lined up from tech spoiler and was as easy as just unbolting the old and re-bolting the new...

It *is* that easy. :)

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice pics and info, thanks!
Thanks gents. The accessory part number was a great find. I am glad it paid off.

Great Pics!!! Finally a picture of the driver side catch can! What is the part number for that black tank cover? Thanks
I ordered the tank cover from CJ pony parts, and it is made by california pony cars. It cost about $76 shipped since it was on sale.

Beautiful. Apologize for the thread hijack as well. Your car is coming along perfectly 50!
Thanks brother. No harm no foul with the thread jack. If it is helpful info then post it!!

Install experience incoming with pics..

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well... Lets talk about the spoiler install. Overall the job is pretty easy. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete and it helps to have second set of hands. I will write this one up as best as possible.

Tools Needed:
-10 mm deep socket
-ratchet
-extension (optional)
-swivel
-fishing line with 25 lb test or greater
-isopropyl rubbing alcohol
-soap/water mixture
-spray bottle
-micro fiber or terry cloth
-Pick with a hooked end
-fingers with nails lol

Removal:
Taking the spoiler off wasn't too hard. The most time consuming part is getting through loosening up the double sided tape, and then prepping the surface after. I recommend stronger fishing line because otherwise its just going to break. You are going to be applying some pressure here.

1)Remove the trunk liner by popping out the push pins, unscrewing the 2 rubber bump stops, pushing the emergency release back through its hole, and sliding the cover around the trunk latch. This gives access to the 2 inner bolts.
2)Remove the 2 rubber drain plugs at both ends of the trunk lid to allow access to the outer 2 bolts.
3)Remove the 4 10mm nuts (nuts....lol) that secure that spoiler to the car then close the trunk. The inner nuts are at a weird angle and a swivel helps. The outer nuts run the risk of falling into the trunk. Make sure you remove the outer nuts with the trunk lid partially closed so they drop to the floor if you lose it.
4)Prepare some fishing line and run it under either end of the spoiler. Pull the fishing line toward the center using upward pressure and a side to side motion. This will cut through the tape holding the spoiler to the car. BE SURE to use an upward motion. I found out going downward can damage your stripes. Luckily the spoiler should cover any scratches. You will find that you hit a bolt or locating pin as you move inward.

5)Once you have hit a pin/bolt have a friend pull up on the spoiler to see how much of it you can lift. If you can pull up the spoiler great, if not you will need to continue with the fishing line. If possible fish the line in behind the bolt/pin and continue. I found that on occasion the tape was gummy and i couldn't get the fishing line through. This is where a pick with a hooked end helps to grab the fishing line and pull it from one side to the other since the line is flimsy.
6)Work the spoiler up periodically by hand to see how much you can get it to lift from the tape. Be cautious not to tilt the spoiler too far either way as to contact the paint.
7)With the spoiler removed you will be left with this. I removed the tape by just rolling my finger over it with light pressure and it balled up. Then i just rubbed my dry finger on the rest with more pressure to ball up the tape. This part took the longest, and could go faster if you have some other tool/product.

8)With as much tape removed as possible take your micro fiber cloth and a dawn/water mixture to spray over the trunk. You can use the micro fiber cloth and light pressure to get the rest of the double sided tape remnants to come up. Sometimes less water is better to give you a little more friction. Micro fiber towel suggested as it won't scratch . I used my fingernail to get what the towel couldn't and vice versa. If you have some other type of glue remover then that is great. I am just weary of putting chemicals on my paint.

INSTALL:

The install of the spoiler is super easy. All the factory bolt holes are the same as the tech pack.
1)Prep the surface with isopropyl alcohol or other appropriate degreaser and allow to dry completely
2)remove the red double sided tape protector from spoiler
3)have friend/wife/child assist by holding one end of the spoiler and align the locating tabs and studs
4)Engage spoiler with the trunk lid as flush as possible and apply pressure to the trunk lid on both ends/center for 20-30 seconds
5)Open the trunk and tighten bolts from the inside out.
6)Close trunk and reapply hand pressure over the top of the wing to be sure the double sided tape has seated
7)ENJOY

While driving home I had some goober behind me in a cutlass honking his horn and rolling his hands like he wanted me to spin the tires. I guess it is the new spoiler. People riding behind me with their phones out taking pics/videos. Another good day for the Shelby. Hope this info was helpful. I do not do many write ups so those of you with better ideas or specifics feel free to add them. Or if you have a better way of doing it.

Looks like the only other mods to go are the wheels and brake calipers.

Last edited:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Thanks for taking the time to do this, looks great! Can't wait for mine to be delivered.

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Awesome, thanks! Mine is showing up on Friday. Looking forward to installing it!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Very nice write up.. That will help us all out..
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] loosen up the inner bolt of the rear bumper on the driver side and you can line up the bumper flush with the quarter. I had to do the same on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored