Sponsored

The Force Is Strong"R" With This One

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This is an area of concern. I will likely mirror my buddy [MENTION=22191]straightliner1[/MENTION] and have the XPel stealth put over the stripes in order to maintain the flat black look. Then the rest of the painted areas will have the ultimate or whatever it's called. To tell you the truth I am not all crazy about the stripes being flat or glossy. But I have to go that route so the roof and rest of the car have matching appearances on the stripes.

That is the right way to do it as far as I know.
It's a tough call to make. I would wrap the whole car in stealth.
Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
This is an area of concern. I will likely mirror my buddy [MENTION=22191]straightliner1[/MENTION] and have the XPel stealth put over the stripes in order to maintain the flat black look. Then the rest of the painted areas will have the ultimate or whatever it's called. To tell you the truth I am not all crazy about the stripes being flat or glossy. But I have to go that route so the roof and rest of the car have matching appearances on the stripes.

That is the right way to do it as far as I know.
Xpel Stealth on my matte stripes has been holding up well and given me zero issues. Xpel Ultimate (glossy) is indeed the product for normal gloss painted surfaces where you want to retain the gloss.

Can't wait to see it [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION]!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Xpel Stealth on my matte stripes has been holding up well and given me zero issues. Xpel Ultimate (glossy) is indeed the product for normal gloss painted surfaces where you want to retain the gloss.

Can't wait to see it [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION]!
Do you have some pics?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The Drive

Here is how the car looked when I first laid eyes on it. Dealer did a great job installing the splitter and removing the spring spacers. Made the process super easy. The drive home from Arizona was about 700 miles. Gave me a chance to get very intimate with the car. I have driven an R on track, but never on the street.

I have to say that the R and the "standard" GT350 are two totally different vehicles. Although on paper the number of parts that separate them are not extensive, the whole package is greater than the sum of its parts. The car is more responsive, steering feels like it provides more feedback, and the turn in is much greater. After all the work I did to my last car it didn't feel like this one did. Definitely lighter and everything is more exaggerated. Oddly enough the interior is quieter, and the audio is WAY better. The shaker system and extra mid speakers in the door make things way more enjoyable. On smooth roads the car is like riding on glass. Get to a rough patch and the bronco is definitely trying to buck you out of the seat. A totally fun car to drive, but I could see it beating you up pretty good if you have wide hips, a bad lower back, or rough roads.

Xpel Tracwrap, Trakk Tape, and ZL1 Addons Rock Guards

In order to protect the car on the way home I invested in the Xpel Tracwrap, Trakk Tape, and ZL1 Addons Rock Guards. Both of the temporary PPF films have their pluses and minuses. For the cost of the Xpel Tracwrap you do not get a lot of film. I only had enough to lay strips on the lower 1/4 of the hood. For the same price you get about triple the amount of Trakk Tape. However there was a distinct difference in the way the film's attached to the car. If you look at the photos you can see how smooth Xpel on the hood laid down, and the edges did not lift. The Xpel is definitely more tacky and easier to manage, with that it is also thinner than the Trakk Tape. The Trakk Tape had a tendency to lift and the edges did not stay down as well. By the time I got home I had to stop several time to cut off pieces that were flapping. It provides more protection since it is thicker, but the sacrifice is that it is not as forgiving if you do not lay it down smooth and flat. The Xpel definitely handles the curves of the car better. Overall each product will get the job done, but the Xpel will lay down smoother and last longer. However, you will need to buy about 3 rolls of the Xpel to equal the amount of coverage you can get with 1 roll of Trakk Tape.

Installation of the Rock Guards was simple and definitely kept the doors and rear quarter panels safe. A MUST for these cars, and they manage to stay hidden.

ZL1 Addons Titanium Lug Nuts

Installed these along with the factory locking nuts. I like that they are about the same length as the factory lock, and match up very well. They are definitely lighter than the stock lug nuts, but I need to find a small scale to weigh them.

LLoyds GT350R Floor/Trunk Liner

Ordered these from Mustang Depot. They are pretty straight forward in regard to install. The trunk liner replaces the factory piece and attaches with the same style of hardware. It requires you use some Velcro strips to keep the edges nice and snug. I picked up a few extra squares of Velcro from the local hardware store to keep the green trunk release and edges nice and snug.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Already at it!

Looking good my friend.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those floormats look perfect! They must have been installed by a floormat zen-master!!

Still need to buck up and order a set of my own - dammit.

Sidenote - that color is t3h secks. :headbang:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Glad she is home. Any rock damage from the ride? I noticed the wheel wells weren't covered by track tape. However I don't see any damage. Looking good!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad she is home. Any rock damage from the ride? I noticed the wheel wells weren't covered by track tape. However I don't see any damage. Looking good!
I had the ZL1 rock guards in place so I wasn't too concerned about rocks making their way down the body onto the fender or quarter panel. After the wash I wasn't able to find any places where rocks had damaged the paint. I dropped the car off for the cramic and PPF yesterday so I may have dodged all those little bullets.
Those floormats look perfect! They must have been installed by a floormat zen-master!!

Still need to buck up and order a set of my own - dammit.

Sidenote - that color is t3h secks. :headbang:
Zen master indeed. Thanks for stopping by to help install the parts. I should have snagged a pic of the R's meeting each other for the first time.

[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] should be producing some new hardware to match the car soon :D

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the ZL1 rock guards in place so I wasn't too concerned about rocks making their way down the body onto the fender or quarter panel. After the wash I wasn't able to find any places where rocks had damaged the paint. I dropped the car off for the cramic and PPF yesterday so I may have dodged all those little bullets.

Zen master indeed. Thanks for stopping by to help install the parts. I should have snagged a pic of the R's meeting each other for the first time.

[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] should be producing some new hardware to match the car soon :D
No worries, glad to help. Thank you for sharing the opportunity. Also, we have plenty of time to snap pics. Let's figure out that bridge shoot I told you about? ;)

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
No worries, glad to help. Thank you for sharing the opportunity. Also, we have plenty of time to snap pics. Let's figure out that bridge shoot I told you about? ;)
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] [MENTION=22191]straightliner1[/MENTION] - you guys do know that you’re supposed to drive the cars, right? :lol:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

keltykid350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GT350
Oh yeah, a tricked out Fox Body in my twenties and the Boss and GT350 in my fifties and sixties. The circle of life....
Sponsored