Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Here's why I'll never own a BEV where I live:

261366060_4677384652301003_3105137899944935865_n.jpg
You're forgetting about the 40 trillion spending bill to put wireless charging under every mile of US roads. And it won't cost anything because the govt will pay for it by selling the fried chicken from when they try to cross the road.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
At least I'll have fresh fried chicken to eat as I sit in the ditch during a blizzard waiting to freeze to death.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
At least I'll have fresh fried chicken to eat as I sit in the ditch during a blizzard waiting to freeze to death.
Ditch that glass half full outlook.

I can't think of any better way to freeze to death.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Knowing musk he'll deny the existence of snow. Then come up with a pop-up insulation scheme that in the first 4 revisions will suffocate the occupants in it's quest to preserve cabin heat.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I heard on the news this morning Musk said to do away with incentives. After he has already got fat off them.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I heard on the news this morning Musk said to do away with incentives. After he has already got fat off them.
of course, he want to protect is razor thin business viability. Monopolies are great! Competition is hard. GM is in the same pickle. Hey you had first-mover advantage and squandered it - tough titties.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The cost to recycle the toxic batteries must be included in the car cost, like the bottle deposit haha.

Clearly everyone has their head in the sand on this because they don't even know how to recycle them let alone cost.

Then of course there is a carbon tax that should be applied to the insanely carbon intensive battery mining to fabrication, power generation and power infrastructure build out.

Sadly, EVs are high carbon vehicles as validated by Singapore's carbon tax on them that is equivelenat to S65, and they have not even addresses the battery recycle.

It's a huge fraud. Hopefully we can just dump all the batteries in Canada lol.
That wasn't the point I was responding too though - that post was purely about charging costs

The cost to recycle toxic ICE cars shouldn't be ignored either of course.

It seems some people do know how to recycle them...

‘World’s largest’ giga-scale lithium-ion battery recycling facility gets backing (circularonline.co.uk)

UK’s first ever EV battery recycling facility to open in Sheffield – AirQualityNews

Electric Vehicle Myths | US EPA

Are electric cars really better for the environment? | RAC Drive

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
NP yeah ICE cars not nearly as toxic as EV and recycling had been going on for about 20 years....good time to by auto recyclers stock in about three years as the 90% of driving society starts to extend service life of ICE cars instead of buying cosrlty toxic EVs that today are hard to even get a lease on that's how much confidence the oems have in them haha.
Again not something factual. No issues with finance on new or second hand EV's at all. In fact the rates are better because of lower depreciation!

Electric car finance demand increased 200% in past 12 months - (carplus.co.uk)

Electric car leasing explained – EV financing vs buying | RAC Drive

Plus why would 90% of driving society 'hang on' to an old ICE car. There are already countries where this has not happened. Plus a survey of EV drivers in the UK shows 91% would not go back to ICE. Pretty clear really.

New survey reveals EV switchers don’t look back - Zap-Map

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Different countries different facts with high adoption where the 90 % heavily subsidized the 10 % with heavy discounts, single driver HOV access, free parking, city centre access.

Basically the strugfling people pay for high earners to have privlidges road a parking access and luxury cars - that Soviet Union 1984 haha.

Do a 600 mile N. uSA journey in in February and let us know how it goes. Try Chicago to New York even haha.

The fact is 90% of drivers can't afford a heavily subsidized EV so they will repower ICE.

What the 10 % high earners think doesn't matter because they are a minority and sponging off the 90%>

I'm all for EV when.
1. the true carbon impact is disclosed and transparent (like Singapore unique vehicle carbon tax)

2. the battery recycling cost and method is clear ( even if it is dumping them in toxic Canadians oil sands mega lakes haha)

3. they figure out how to extinguish an EV fire with 2000 gal of water VS the 30-40K gal, before the home or office parking is ruined.

4. I can drive 600 miles in -10 in one day, and drive through unpopulated mountains and desert with no cell coverage like I often do.

5. I can fill up in 4 min with no line. If I want a fuel line I'll live in Cuba haha.

Many people can't even keep their cell phones charged.
Drifting in to politics so will not respond I'm afraid

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Surrender accepted
Silly.

When the conversation drifts to include the Soviet Union in an EV thread it is time to move on.

Plus bored of correcting the same fatuous 'anti EV' comments that just come out over and over again, despite evidence to the contrary being presented. I've never said EV's are perfect but I do know they are very good for many and better than ICE cars in many cases, which a few on here will never accept - despite in most cases having neither driven nor even looked at one.

It is very funny how 'line in the sand' comments are made about how EV's do this and can't do that, which are demonstrated to be untrue and then two weeks later the same old rubbish comes out again. A while ago somebody on here said 'Norway would never get to 10% EV's on the road', which they had already exceeded at the time of the comment, which was then revised to 'they will never get to 20% - just not possible'. Well guess what they have exceeded that now too. Makes some people look very silly.

Go back to your cave and the rest of the world will move on without you :wink:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Silly.

When the conversation drifts to include the Soviet Union in an EV thread it is time to move on.

Plus bored of correcting the same fatuous 'anti EV' comments that just come out over and over again, despite evidence to the contrary being presented. I've never said EV's are perfect but I do know they are very good for many and better than ICE cars in many cases, which a few on here will never accept - despite in most cases having neither driven nor even looked at one.

It is very funny how 'line in the sand' comments are made about how EV's do this and can't do that, which are demonstrated to be untrue and then two weeks later the same old rubbish comes out again. A while ago somebody on here said 'Norway would never get to 10% EV's on the road', which they had already exceeded at the time of the comment, which was then revised to 'they will never get to 20% - just not possible'. Well guess what they have exceeded that now too. Makes some people look very silly.

Go back to your cave and the rest of the world will move on without you :wink:
We get it; you got owned and need an excuse to slink away. Like a Civic driver who can't spank the GT500 because his clutch is acting up.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
We get it; you got owned and need an excuse to slink away. Like a Civic driver who can't spank the GT500 because his clutch is acting up.
Oh, he who has the last word wins ehh? Proper playground stuff!

GT500 would be left for dead by a Taycan anyway :cwl:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
It's just math. I am curious how long the battery lasts on the Autobahn at vmax haha...15 min at 300 KPH.
About the same time as a full fuel tank on a GT500.

At 300km/h ICE cars DRINK fuel, probably around 3 mpg (imperial) x 13 imperial gallon tank is 39 miles. At 180 mph that is just over 10 minutes!
Sponsored