Sponsored

The Fate on the ICE

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Not sure where you got your facts from but there are way more than 800 charging stations in the US, hell I have at least 10 within 20 miles of me and I live in a rural area. More than 40,000 is more like it and that does not count home chargers. I have plenty of clients that leverage solar and wind to generate their own electricity to heat and cool their homes as well as charge their electric cars. We are in the snow belt and face cold winters and these people have no issue traveling 2+ hours driving from the city to here (and back again).... the time is coming and coming fast.
Maybe a play on words, but to me this is a viable charging station.

A03493A1-DD38-4FA6-85B2-27C8A171BEB2.png

This is not.

65B72E46-68A5-40E9-9D81-9BBA9CB664F9.png
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn it, we had all these "sound" formulas for saving this planet by going all EV and getting rid of that toxic gas CO2 and this had to happen. Will nobody sue the pants off Mother Earth for trying to kill us all and make us look impotent in our crusade? Narratives Matter, man!

Indonesia's Mount Semeru suddenly erupted on Saturday, spewing a massive column of ash and smoke 40,000 feet into the sky

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
For the short term, the infrastructure is not ready. Even the electric utility infrastructure will need to be fortified to withstand the increased load. Thatā€˜s a huge investment for the ratepayers who donā€™t want to pay it!

Had this discussion with a very liberal friend. I wonā€™t get into the politics here but he wants fossil fuels outlawed. I say not in our lifetime (Iā€™m 45 y/o) and maybe never. Regulated? Perhapsā€¦.but never outlawed.

Anything we do has an impact on the environment. Soon batteries will be negatively impacting. Then the next energy source will be ā€œdiscoveredā€ and so on and so on.

ICE wonā€™t be going away any time soon- the used car market will be crazy once manufacturers are forced to sell a majority of their fleet as electric powered. Think Cuba, for people who canā€™t afford new electric cars or who want ICE. Then slowly people will adapt as price drop and something new will come out and take overā€¦.

Iā€™m sure there were people who wanted only horse and buggies back in history. We all have lifespans and eventually all of us that grew up with the ICE will die off and new generations will only know electric.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Maybe a play on words, but to me this is a viable charging station.

A03493A1-DD38-4FA6-85B2-27C8A171BEB2.png

This is not.

65B72E46-68A5-40E9-9D81-9BBA9CB664F9.png
DC charging can get you from 20% charge to 80% charge typically 20 minutes. You go shopping, plug in and come out ready to proceed on. Most shopping centers here have between 2-10 chargers and space allocated for more as demand rises.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Chip shortages for ICE vehicles, no chip shortages for EV šŸ¤”

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
DC charging can get you from 20% charge to 80% charge typically 20 minutes. You go shopping, plug in and come out ready to proceed on. Most shopping centers here have between 2-10 chargers and space allocated for more as demand rises.
So traveling across country, I must exit the interstate and navigate into town to find a grocery store or shopping mall to plug into for 20 minutes just to get me to the next town to do the same? No thanks. When charging stations are convenient to interstate travel and can fully recharge in 15 minutes, it might become more predominant. Until we get to that point, it will not be the preferred method of travel.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Iā€™ve got eight 5 gallon cans of gas in my shed, does that mean I have a gas station?

I guess as long as you just drive around the block, you should be good to go.
Yeah - my block is 260 miles long.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Battery EV's are like CFL light bulbs. Something better will come along.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Chip shortages for ICE vehicles, no chip shortages for EV šŸ¤”
We got our MME GT sooner than expected, despite Ford saying there could be at least an 8 week delay. So, maybe. That said, it sat at the factory for about 1 month after production waiting for its chip.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I decided I'm going to buy both. But the V8 will be around for a long time. I think Ford will come out with the hybrid version to ease us into it.

I'm 40 years old, I think we'll always have the V8 until I'm off this Earth.

I can't say the same for the very young.
Same. I plan on getting a Mach-E in a few years. I'm keeping my Shelby as well, but I really dig the Mach-E.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
When gas is $7 a gallon.
Don't think for a min that electric rates won't go up.
I can see 1K per month electric bills for the avg home in my lifetime.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I wonder if people had this debate when automobiles were taking over. "I'll keep my horse. Automobiles have no soul." Like, quite literally depending on your beliefs LOL. Sorry, fun thought.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder if people had this debate when automobiles were taking over. "I'll keep my horse. Automobiles have no soul." Like, quite literally depending on your beliefs LOL. Sorry, fun thought.
When cars (and roads) sucked, it totally made sense to prefer a horse. If electric cars were cheaper and easier to live with than cars with ICEs - lots of people would own electric. We need 2 minute full charges, 200K battery life and electric cars starting at $10,000. Then we will see everyone buying them.
Sponsored