SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I don't know what most of you guys think, but I was actually hoping for the narrower headlights of the Evos. Then I realized Ford may be saving that design detail for a refresh in 2017. Any thoughts?
From all the stuff I have read here and other forums, I think the majority don't want the thinner headlights -- I think people were pretty relieved when they saw the spy shots.

I think at this point it may have been to big of a change out of the gate, but once people are used to the new thinner lights we are getting, and they have been around for 3 years, the even thinner lights like Evos may make the most sense for an update.
Sponsored

Robinson

First time posting, guys, but I've been following this entire thread. My unanswered question is why, if Ford wanted this to remain under wraps a tad longer, did they even have a grille with the pony in it, taped over or not? I mean, they could have put a mesh or honeycomb insert to blank things out without compromising air flow, but this grille clearly has the pony.
You have a point but from other spy photos it looks they put a pretty finished metallic honeycomb grill on there too. Its harder to tell but in the middle it could be a taped up pony there since its kind of blacked out.
I gotta say I still dont exactly know what we are looking at in the grill itself. Is the grill/pony missing or are we looking at one that has been cut up and taped over?

There is also a part in it that looks even more recessed. I outlined it. :shrug:

s550-9.png
9553357676_df4687ffca_b.jpg

GTsquid

You have a point but from other spy photos it looks they put a pretty finished metallic honeycomb grill on there too. Its harder to tell but in the middle it could be a taped up pony there since its kind of blacked out.
Well it's clear that some of these have finished grills and the others dont so there goes the theory that if these were "leaked" it wouldn't have a honeycomb grill or pony emblem since other camo'ed and covered up test cars appear to be in even closer to final form.

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
If you recall, the honeycomb grille is not entirely open....part of it is open and other parts are blocked off. I think the darker "recessed" area you're seeing is an open area and it's a bit of an optical illusion making it appear recessed. I would imagine that they would have several grilles with varying amounts of "openness" that they could test and then swap out for another....testing until they find the one that gives the right balance between cooling and front downforce.

stangray11

:clap2: This front end looks great. It's amazing how close the CG artist's designs are to the real thing :headbang:. This look is much better than any concepts I have seen of the Camaro. I think with the new IRS improving handling and this aggressive modern styling GM isn't going to give Ford the competition it has in recent past. I believe Ford wants to compete with the German sports cars and let Camaro eat dust.

I don't know what most of you guys think, but I was actually hoping for the narrower headlights of the Evos. Then I realized Ford may be saving that design detail for a refresh in 2017. Any thoughts?
From all the stuff I have read here and other forums, I think the majority don't want the thinner headlights -- I think people were pretty relieved when they saw the spy shots.

I think at this point it may have been to big of a change out of the gate, but once people are used to the new thinner lights we are getting, and they have been around for 3 years, the even thinner lights like Evos may make the most sense for an update.
I think Jesse is right from what I have read most people are glad it was not as thin as the Evos headlights. It looks like a good way to get people adjusted to the new look.

One big difference on the S550 prototype headlights is the left and right sides of each headlight angle in opposite directions. This is different than the current design and it is a unique shape for mustangs. Both the Fox and SN95 had more of a dome/trapezoid shape to it (edges point in opposite directions) and the current Mustang has parallel edges.

Gives it a pretty menacing look IMO. I like it. Now about those HIDs....

HTownStang

I'm ok with the lights as long as they keep it angled forward and not swept back like an Aston Martin. That helps it look more American and not like a lot of other Euro cars in my opinion.

Ponywars

Im going to just throw this out there and see what sticks.
Does anyone here own a Fusion or worked on one?

I was looking at the grill design and it has two verticle bars that go from the top to the bottom grills.
Has anyone ever removed this to see what is inside?

I'm just curious if it looks like the two bars that we see in the S550's deep set grill. That would be very coincidental.

2015mustang.jpg

2013-Ford-Fusion-front-profile.jpg

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Very nice work!

I take it you are still working on the roofline? Please post it up when you have finished. Looks great so far.
Roofline is going to be really hard to do since its really well covered. I should be able to finish it by tomorrow. By the way I just saw my rendering at the American Muscle fanpage. :headbang:

Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Not done taking it out of the padding yet, but it's getting closer. At least it now has an accurate grille-- per the other spy pics.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wow!!! You guys are bound and determined to get the cabin/greenhouse locked down before another spy pic is release aren't ya... Ford knew it's fans had the ability to do this since 2010.

pistolpete

Wow!!! You guys are bound and determined to get the cabin/greenhouse locked down before another spy pic is release aren't ya... Ford knew it's fans had the ability to do this since 2010.
i've been gone for a while and catching up on everything.. i agree with this. i'm really impressed with what you guys have been able to do with these spy photos. :clap2:

All Ford needs to do is read thru all these posts for some great feedback and to see all the enthusiasm for the 6th gen.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I have to say, I hope the vertical bars in the grill opening on the spy shots stay visible on the production car. I can't believe how much is lost in the front when those are covered up with a grill.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
I have to say, I hope the vertical bars in the grill opening on the spy shots stay visible on the production car. I can't believe how much is lost in the front when those are covered up with a grill.
I couldn't agree more. If they dont wanna stoke the flames of people complaining it looks like the Fusion they will leave that grill open with the vertical bars. People need to think GT500 evolution, not Fusion knock off when they see this.
Sponsored