Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
You need to get a bigger plane 😂
I I should clarify, I just manage and fly the thing…. I don’t own it. The oil funnel business is good, but not that good :)

But believe me when I tell you I certainly did voice my concern to the owners about the size of the cargo area! Who cares that it can hold 15 roller bags if it can’t even hold a single cup 2!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A whole pallet…. Damnnnnnnn, That sounds nice! I have to wrap tires in plastic bags and throw them in the cabin because the door to the main cargo area is 1” too narrow for cup 2’s :)

E7FA482B-9813-4657-ABD6-1A9224C1F79F.jpeg
Hope you secure them well. Hate for them to hit your passengers in the back of the head if you have to slam on the brakes.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ford "nannies" are shit. Seriously. The traction control strategies Ford employs are like an attorney said "hey, we gotta put some sorta safety feature on these things and it has to be submitted by tomorrow morning."

The Ford traction control is arguably more unsafe than with it off. Firstly it isn't preventative at all or nearly enough. It waits until the car is way out of shape before it kicks in. Secondly, it's crude and completely disruptive to intuitive driving instincts. The last thing someone needs when the ass is out of sorts is to COMPLETELY and ABRUPTLY cut full power.

There's a reason that most of the very high HP cars are going to MOTEC and it's not to do with making more sauce. It's because MOTEC has MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better traction control strategies and the result is.......the car will PROACTIVELY only allow the power that the chassis can effectively put down at the given speed. It first seeks to cut timing, then it adjusts throttle angle and chokes power further, then if that's not enough it cuts spark and cylinders (like the Ford garbage) as a last resort.

The reason there's so many Mustang videos of crashes is partly because it's a popular car, but also because the car comes FROM THE FACTORY with significantly more power than the chassis can effectively manage and it's a great platform for making even MORE power beyond traction, all combined with the fact that the traction control is abhorrent.

The most impressive thing about the Tesla Plaid isn't that it does 150+ mph in the 1/4/ The most impressive thing about it is that it runs sub 10 second quarter mile IN THE RAIN. Ford is way behind and it's not on sensory capability, it's COMPLETELY on outdated and bunk control strategies.
Lol. Not sure where you got these ideas from, but they sure aren't correct. Pretty sure high HP guys are using non OE ECU's because it's just easier to work with on so many different levels. Is the traction control strategy more in depth? Probably, and I'm sure that helps when you're launching with 1000+HP. But for general street use, the Ford system works fine.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol. Not sure where you got these ideas from, but they sure aren't correct. Pretty sure high HP guys are using non OE ECU's because it's just easier to work with on so many different levels. Is the traction control strategy more in depth? Probably, and I'm sure that helps when you're launching with 1000+HP. But for general street use, the Ford system works fine.
It works pretty darn good on the track too.

The car can save you from only so much. The tires will only hold x amount. Exceed that amount and you are a passenger along for a not so pleasant ride.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
A whole pallet…. Damnnnnnnn, That sounds nice! I have to wrap tires in plastic bags and throw them in the cabin because the door to the main cargo area is 1” too narrow for cup 2’s :)

E7FA482B-9813-4657-ABD6-1A9224C1F79F.jpeg
That looks almost identical to my boss' plane. Except his is more tan colored. Cessna CJ2? You're right, no room for a decent size tire in that thing.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
It works pretty darn good on the track too.

The car can save you from only so much. The tires will only hold x amount. Exceed that amount and you are a passenger along for a not so pleasant ride.
The stability control systems cannot overcome the laws of physics. It doesn't matter who makes it.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
That looks almost identical to my boss' plane. Except his is more tan colored. Cessna CJ2? You're right, no room for a decent size tire in that thing.
Ding ding ding. That, sir, is a very good eye!!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Wow, that's sad. I've only seen one GT350 here in my life, and while I suspect there are a few more in the UK, they are very rare on this side of the pond. Sad that there is now one less of them here, but happy to hear the driver and passenger are ok. Hope insurance covers too.
Sponsored