Sponsored

The elephant in the room: ADM

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Still not sure with super high ADM along with an MSRP that is unknown if those talking the talk will follow thru or can afford this. I know there will be some that will just because they can and have money to burn or maybe just stupid. But i am that guy that can afford it basically at any price level....HOWEVER I am not buying a Mustang at Ferrari prices.....I will just go buy something else and let this settle down. I mean i want one pretty bad, but not bad enough to loose my A$$ on it.
Sponsored

sapitts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My dealer just told me they think the MSRP will be about $95,000 from what they are hearing.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
My dealer just told me they think the MSRP will be about $95,000 from what they are hearing.
If it is Iā€™m out.
Donā€™t worry though, it wonā€™t be that high.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If it is Iā€™m out.
Donā€™t worry though, it wonā€™t be that high.
I just told someone the same thing for a lower amount.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I would suggest that your numbers may be a little on the high side for the base GT500 cars as it is my understanding that the FRAP will build just ~3750 GT500's and ~1250 CFTP cars for all of the U.S., Canada, Mexico along with a few exported to such places in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Aruba and a few other unusual locations.

Assuming that Canada gets ~10% of these total production numbers (2017 was 10.1% and 2018 was 4.6% for total GT350/R production) that would give Canada ~375 base cars for approximately 35 SVT dealerships in the Great White North therefore ~10 cars on average per dealership with the larger dealerships getting a few more and smaller dealerships getting a few less as you suggested.

When looking at the CFTP cars who knows if America will keep most of these much sought after GT500 CFTP cars.

If Ford of Canada gets ~125 of these cars North of the Border that would be terrific for everyone up there but the ADM's will be ridiculous especially in the Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal markets.

Certainly the Cup 2 tires on the CFTP cars will create a small window of opportunity to send these cars up to Canada and with production not launching until late September or early October I would not expect any Canadian Ford dealerships to see any of these CFTP cars until the Spring of 2020.

:)
Ford of Canada took less ā€˜18s because of the overstock on 17s.

Regardless, weā€™ll see a good amount here.

I fully expect my Calgary dealer to have up to 30 cars with 4 CFTP.

They were the first dealer to deliver the Ford GT (which a symposium was held at Fred Philips private collection, google him if you donā€™t know) and they're a big player.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/driving.ca/ford/gt/column/on-the-road/on-the-road-2018-ford-gt/amp

My Saskatoon dealer I bought my R from should see around 25, with 3 CFTP. Of course these are estimates. Iā€™m starting to have some excitement for this car, I didnā€™t at first.

Itā€™ll be tough to choose, I actually managed a spot on the list (2nd) in Saskatoon for a Boxster Spyder. So Iā€™m in a pickle.

I might have to get rid of my ultra rare Base 350 and my civic type R. Love the type R, itā€™s just hilarious how good it is.
C0E1625F-45BC-4F97-BC04-4C9CA42563C0.jpeg
8C233D32-087B-4737-8843-AD68B765180D.jpeg

Sponsored

JPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
I hope everyone knows the GT500 MSRP price has a nice profit for the dealership.
So ADM is the greed factor each Ford dealer has. This shows how little that dealer values customers by overcharging them.
I was cured off Ford products by the greedy GT350 Ford dealers.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Still not sure with super high ADM along with an MSRP that is unknown if those talking the talk will follow thru or can afford this. I know there will be some that will just because they can and have money to burn or maybe just stupid. But i am that guy that can afford it basically at any price level....HOWEVER I am not buying a Mustang at Ferrari prices.....I will just go buy something else and let this settle down. I mean i want one pretty bad, but not bad enough to loose my A$$ on it.
Same. Told my dealer 85 all in was my limit, realistically 90k, but thats pushing. At 90,000.01 im back to shopping for 991's

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Same. Told my dealer 85 all in was my limit, realistically 90k, but thats pushing. At 90,000.01 im back to shopping for 991's
Agreed with the Porsche. I would also consider a sacrilegious EV like the model S or one of the upcoming offerings from the Volkswagen group.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Ford of Canada took less ā€˜18s because of the overstock on 17s.

Regardless, weā€™ll see a good amount here.

I fully expect my Calgary dealer to have up to 30 cars with 4 CFTP.

They were the first dealer to deliver the Ford GT (which a symposium was held at Fred Philips private collection, google him if you donā€™t know) and they're a big player.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/driving.ca/ford/gt/column/on-the-road/on-the-road-2018-ford-gt/amp

My Saskatoon dealer I bought my R from should see around 25, with 3 CFTP. Of course these are estimates. Iā€™m starting to have some excitement for this car, I didnā€™t at first.

Itā€™ll be tough to choose, I actually managed a spot on the list (2nd) in Saskatoon for a Boxster Spyder. So Iā€™m in a pickle.

I might have to get rid of my ultra rare Base 350 and my civic type R. Love the type R, itā€™s just hilarious how good it is.
C0E1625F-45BC-4F97-BC04-4C9CA42563C0.jpeg
8C233D32-087B-4737-8843-AD68B765180D.jpeg
When I see that 10 year old standing next to that GT it gives me the Heebie Jeebies and the Willies. Thats the reason I never do car shows. I've seen way too many parents that don't believe in disciplining their kids.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i told my guy 'all in' also never dreaming the MSRP would be $95K. Sorry at $95k you should be shopping around, i get it if this is your dream car or whatever, then proceed. I assumed this car would be $70K-$80K, maybe little more with CFTP, stripes, every optioned checked, etc. IF it truly is $95K then they missed the mark and the market IMO.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
This car is going to cost more than what most people expected. I am hearing about $80K for a fully loaded base model and $95K for a fully loaded CFTP model. It will be interesting to see how the ADMs play out if the MSRP is really that high.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$80K is really the top of where i wanted to be and was guessing $10K-$15K over similarly equiped GT350 so it appears $15K+ over GT350 prices would put a fully loaded base model right around $80k.......

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ford has been extremely tight lipped about weight and price yet everybody is hearing things that even the regional managers aren't yet aware of. This is what happens when you roll out a vehicle with innuendo and puzzles in slow motion over an extended period of time.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Does anybody out there have the "exact day" when ford is going to open up the order banks?????? I too have been told pricing by several very reliable people but iam not going to say since i told them i would not. But iam weary and tired and just want to get my order in and hopefully it gets accepted so i can get a "vin". I will just say i do think its going to be higher than most folks expect it to be.
Sponsored