The elephant in the room: ADM

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The carbon fiber track pack is going to cost. The non track pack will be quite reasonable (aside from any ADM).

This subject isn't new nor is it usually productive. ADMs are a fact of life when dealing with a new car that everyone wants.

We can all read the same stuff over and over by stopping by the GT350 ADM thread.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Unless you are a Ford exec or have a controlling interest in a dealership, you are paying ADM. No dealer is going to sell their 1 GT500 at MSRP, period. You are either being lied to or doing the lying. I'm sorry but leaving $10-25k on the table is just bad business.
Lol, im just letting these guys down softly. You guys may not be paying adm but someone with money will. And that dealership is in it to make money, put up their family for a nice vacation making 10/20/30/40k or who knows how much on ADM. People are going to be pissed when their allocation gets given to someone willing to pay adm. Its not just ford doing this either, this happened to people interested in the Dodge Demon.

Just be prepared guys.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If Ford does allocations, there will be ADM because dealers no longer have an incentive to sell quickly. If they know they are only getting a few over the course of a year, they can hold the car for months for that one person who will pay more, or use the car as an attraction to pull "normal" buyers into the lot.

If Ford says there is no limited production, and dealers can get as many as they can sell, then ADM will be reduced since there will be an incentive to sell quickly and simply get another vehicle on the lot.

Therefore, I believe ADM will exist for quite a while. Hopefully some patience will allow ADM to be reduced in a year or two.

-T

spitfire96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, GT3RS, Type R, Miata, X5M
Lol, im just letting these guys down softly. You guys may not be paying adm but someone with money will. And that dealership is in it to make money, put up their family for a nice vacation making 10/20/30/40k or who knows how much on ADM. People are going to be pissed when their allocation gets given to someone willing to pay adm. Its not just ford doing this either, this happened to people interested in the Dodge Demon.

Just be prepared guys.
Or just do what I did. Brought in a printed “contract”. Stating I’m placing a deposit to buy their first allocation at MSRP at that particular dealer. GM signed it, I signed it, witnessed by my salesman.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Or just do what I did. Brought in a printed “contract”. Stating I’m placing a deposit to buy their first allocation at MSRP at that particular dealer. GM signed it, I signed it, witnessed by my salesman.
Same, except I'm get their second allocation. Which is fine by me because I don't want to take delivery until next spring anyway. Get it in writing and you're fine.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
lol thats nothing as soon as the first person that walks in saying "ill pay over sticker..."

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
If Ford does allocations, there will be ADM because dealers no longer have an incentive to sell quickly. If they know they are only getting a few over the course of a year, they can hold the car for months for that one person who will pay more, or use the car as an attraction to pull "normal" buyers into the lot.

If Ford says there is no limited production, and dealers can get as many as they can sell, then ADM will be reduced since there will be an incentive to sell quickly and simply get another vehicle on the lot.

Therefore, I believe ADM will exist for quite a while. Hopefully some patience will allow ADM to be reduced in a year or two.

-T
THIS!

There will be an ADM ...

Mustang still sells 2:1 , 3:1 ... this carries to the speciality top cars too

Ford has consistently proven nobody wants a non-ford hi-po muscle car..

spitfire96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, GT3RS, Type R, Miata, X5M
lol thats nothing as soon as the first person that walks in saying "ill pay over sticker..."
Technically, it’s nothing. But meets all the requirements for a binding contract. I mean obviously the stakes are pretty low, but one can only hope they stick to it.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I've never seen so many grown men obsessed with the contents of another man's pockets. Who cares what others are willing to pay or if they are lying. All that matters to me is what I'm paying. And it will be MSRP or bust.

This car will be no different than the GT350 was. MSRP sales are possible for those lucky enough who do the work to find them. I speak from experience. Believe whatever you want.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The US is a pretty big place. Last time I checked, the INTERNET is a pretty big place. So to say NOT ONE DEALER will sale MSRP on their GT500 is pretty silly. Well I'll just call it what it is, it's BOLLOCKS.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wont pay 10K ADM either if the MSRP with my specs comes out to over 85K.
Just to stick their finger in GM's eye, the 'base' car at 79,999 would be 2 grand cheaper than the Z06. And the ford equivalent of of 2LT trim at say 85-87k would be delicious.
So, somewhere under 12% premium is your limit. Seems sensible if one were willing to pay it.
Sponsored