Sponsored

The Driveshaft Shop 800HP & 1400HP Axle Halfshafts from AmericanMuscle.com!

AMChrisRose

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015's Galore!

For those of you who are planning on adding power adders or hitting the track with a sticky tire, you're probably already aware of the factory axle half-shafts and that they're notorious for being a weak-point of the IRS. We were able to click off a few low-11 second passes before ours went in the video below:

[ame]

We've already got these Driveshaft Shop 2015 Mustang Axle Half-Shafts installed on the 2015 GT in the video and we're ready to hit the track again!

These things are built pretty legit!

• Rated up to 800 or 1400 rear wheel horsepower
  • 108mm CV joint with full 300m Billet Chromoly cage
  • Ovaco 300M alloy steel center bars
  • Cold rolled splines - stronger than standard cut splines

The Driveshaft Shop 800 HP Axle Halfshafts:
The Driveshaft Shop Halfshaft Axle Assembly - 800 HP - LH (2015 All)

The Driveshaft Shop Halfshaft Axle Assembly - 800 HP - RH (2015 All)

The Driveshaft Shop 1400 HP Axle Halfshafts:
The Driveshaft Shop Halfshaft Axle Assembly - 1400 HP - LH (2015 All)

The Driveshaft Shop Halfshaft Axle Assembly - 1400 HP - RH (2015 All)

How Hard Can I Beat on the Factory Half-Shafts?

That's a question that many new 2015 Mustang owners have been asking. The answer is that the car was built extremely well and the factory setup is going to be fine until you're putting a decent amount of torque through a sticky tire. Impact/shock is the enemy here and if you find yourself wheel hopping on a regular basis or at the track frequently, you may want to look into an upgrade!

For those of you interested in how/where the factory axle half-shafts will break, from what we've seen these will break at the wheel hub end of the shafts.

[pictures coming soon]

Again, this isn't something that every 2015 Mustang owner will need, but anyone who wants peace of mind when adding a power adder, hitting the track pretty regularly or changing to a sticky tire or suspension setup that will bite hard - this is a great investment!

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So I swear I saw this in another thread, or maybe in a section of their website that isn't supposed to be open to the public yet..

But haven't they also worked on driveshafts both in aluminum and CFC for S550 in both manual and auto?

OP
OP
AMChrisRose

AMChrisRose

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015's Galore!
So I swear I saw this in another thread, or maybe in a section of their website that isn't supposed to be open to the public yet..

But haven't they also worked on driveshafts both in aluminum and CFC for S550 in both manual and auto?
Stay tuned! There are driveshafts coming soon...