cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ford has announced they will be introducing Android Auto. Into all vehicles and will be ending development on Sync QSX.

Ford Announcement

Thoughts?
Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
No bad thing from a usability perspective, voice recognition etc. But the privacy implications are staggering.

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
No bad thing from a usability perspective, voice recognition etc. But the privacy implications are staggering.
You already allow Alexa into the systems. I wouldn't be as worried with Google. As I've been a contractor on site. They are a good team. Compared to Amazon. They are not monetizing your audio files like AWS. From what I know.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
As an Apple fanboy I am disappointed by the inferior choice. If Apple carplay doesn’t work as well as it could have I will be sad. I was hoping for wireless carplay etc

I hate android laptops, phones, devices, anything of that nature. Once I went Apple I never looked back.

I was really hoping to see an updated model from Apple or something to where I could swap apim/acm into previous gens. Will be interesting to see.
But android?!! Why

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
So long as it still works with Apple CarPlay I’m okay with it. Screw google though. I hate them as a company. Guess I’m glad I bought a 2019.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I imagine it would work with either. I don't mind the sync in my 2019, but the Apple/Android compatible software and screen in my 2018 Honda Accord was much better.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
As an Apple fanboy I am disappointed by the inferior choice. If Apple carplay doesn’t work as well as it could have I will be sad. I was hoping for wireless carplay etc

I hate android laptops, phones, devices, anything of that nature. Once I went Apple I never looked back.

I was really hoping to see an updated model from Apple or something to where I could swap apim/acm into previous gens. Will be interesting to see.
But android?!! Why
It would still have CarPlay. GM is also doing this btw, switching to Android OS based Infotainment systems.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that, but android os’s on every device I’ve ever handled have been, never stable.

It may support iOS, but it won’t be centered on it. Which I think is a mistake. I’m surprised with Apple getting into car electronics and manufacturers.

they may have wantsd too much $ or android offered way lower bids for the designing rights

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I understand that, but android os’s on every device I’ve ever handled have been, never stable.

It may support iOS, but it won’t be centered on it. Which I think is a mistake. I’m surprised with Apple getting into car electronics and manufacturers.

they may have wantsd too much $ or android offered way lower bids for the designing rights
Just read an article that confirms apple play will still work.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just read an article that confirms apple play will still work.
I did read that before I posted, I do not like android as an OS. I am saying they lowered themselves by going android over what they have or iOS base

androidmay work with iOS, but it won’t be optimized as well as Apple design, and I really was wanting wireless carplay.

Doubtful androids going to offer any iOS proprietary. There’s no incentive.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I did read that before I posted, I do not like android as an OS. I am saying they lowered themselves by going android over what they have or iOS base

androidmay work with iOS, but it won’t be optimized as well as Apple design, and I really was wanting wireless carplay.

Doubtful androids going to offer any iOS proprietary. There’s no incentive.
Money talks.... It's the only thing teh Google has going for them. Can't take a company that competes with FB seriously. It's all trash.

Google and FB rely on YOU being the product.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Apple won't let go of control of it's software, so thinking anything non-Apple (or licensed) is folly.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Actually, the death of Sync has not come. It will (or rather may) come two years from now, but certainly hasn't yet. 🤓

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Even with Sync there is privacy issues. Not to mention it already supports Android Auto. My modem is currently needing to be reset as it hasn't communicated with Ford since I bought the car new. I may just leave it like that, I just can't use the Ford Connect app to unlock my car and such. I can do remote start as its a manual.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So long as it still works with Apple CarPlay I’m okay with it. Screw google though. I hate them as a company. Guess I’m glad I bought a 2019.
And I feel the same way about Apple.....will NOT allow anything of theirs in my household (Steve Jobs was an AWFUL human being and he or his progeny will not get 1 penny from me). So it swings both ways....if Ford slights Apple they are killing 1/2 their market but hey....they made the Mach-E a Mustang so who the hell knows WHAT is going on there.

Okay...and read the article - they are NOT going to Android Auto, they are using Google OS for the infotainment development just like they used Microsoft and Blackberry in the past. Big difference there. It may in all likelyhood still be called Sync....the MS and Blackberry versions were....
Sponsored