Sponsored

The Complicated Calculus - Selling Your Car For The GT500

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Exactly the opposite for me and I’m in my mid 40s. Before the gt350, I had all VWs and Audis with a bmw thrown in. I am not a fan of DCT/dsg no matter how capable and only sort of like the pdk in the GT3. I’m gonna roll a stick until my leg hurts or they stop making them. My latest dilemma WOULD have been TT my GT350 or buy a GT500... if it was offered in manual. I’m not even looking at the C8 because no manual.
I'm exactly the same. I owned a DSG VW GTI for a year and quickly sold it for a manual GTI. Automatic is not for me no matter how good it is. Manual for life![/QUOTE]

Amen brother. Give me more than 760 hp and a manual and I’m in. Like I said before DCT,You might as well hire a chauffeur .

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the whole "CarWars" thing going on between Ford, Chevy, and Dodge is interesting, but at some point where does it end? 1000hp? 0-60 in .5 seconds? Do I really need to feed my ego by purchasing something because it will demolish every other car in a quarter mile? I hope that the true car enthusiasts are not of that mindset. I've been watching "The Fastest Car" series on Netflix. i enjoy seeing some of the custom built vehicles with manual transmissions beat the super cars with auto's and launch control. Most of the time it's the driver of the super car that is unskilled. One thing I think is very interesting about the show is that often the "poor guy" has major prejudices against the rich super car guy and vice versa. In the end it should be about the love for cars and how they make you feel when driving it.
I have driven several expensive sports cars that were automatics and just did not feel engaged at all, even though they felt fast. I think the 500 will be an enjoyable car for some, but its just not what I desire.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I'm exactly the same. I owned a DSG VW GTI for a year and quickly sold it for a manual GTI. Automatic is not for me no matter how good it is. Manual for life!

Amen brother. Give me more than 760 hp and a manual and I’m in. Like I said before DCT,You might as well hire a chauffeur .
ZR1 is currently your best bet.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I go back and forth about wanting a GT500. I mean, I can't afford both and don't have the space for both, but I still want one but just not sure about getting out of my R for one. So after rowing gears in the R I start thinking that I'm keeping my R because this still very satisfying to me but if my knee or elbow gives out in the next year or two then I'll have to get one right? Lol.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I go back and forth about wanting a GT500. I mean, I can't afford both and don't have the space for both, but I still want one but just not sure about getting out of my R for one. So after rowing gears in the R I start thinking that I'm keeping my R because this still very satisfying to me but if my knee or elbow gives out in the next year or two then I'll have to get one right? Lol.
Get it for the wife and you get to use it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If only I could work that... She will never give up her Z51 we ordered for her 40th. Got her a special name plate and all. She loves that car.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,

This cracks me up, hey honey did you see whats under the tree ?? your own personal Mustang "um" I mean
GT500. This makes perfect sense to me, which in itself should be a warning sign.

:sun::sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This cracks me up, hey honey did you see whats under the tree ?? your own personal Mustang "um" I mean
GT500. This makes perfect sense to me, which in itself should be a warning sign.

:sun::sunglasses:
I guess for some it makes sense. For others, I can see not.

There is a reason they advertise high end cars on TV around the holidays.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I had/have my 07 GT500 and then got the GT350 Tech pack, Love them both. Went out and got the R a month ago.

Depending on what I am doing, depends which car I take.

In the future, (after the ADM madness), I may think about a new GT500.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Tough choice, but the DCT in the GT500 tips the scale.

I can afford a GT350r, but it is not what I want to do. I can make myself afford a GT500, but it is all I would do. If you are into tracking, then a DCT is essentially the only choice, along with all those coolers.

And around town, the GT500 is more docile and "easier".

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Tough choice, but the DCT in the GT500 tips the scale.

I can afford a GT350r, but it is not what I want to do. I can make myself afford a GT500, but it is all I would do. If you are into tracking, then a DCT is essentially the only choice, along with all those coolers.

And around town, the GT500 is more docile and "easier".
This comment confuses me. How is a DCT the only choice if you're into tracking?

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This comment confuses me. How is a DCT the only choice if you're into tracking?
Poser shifting. I kid. Some people want that extra half second. Let me shift my own damn gears, thanks. I’d rather driving be more involved than a tap on the center stalk.