Sponsored

The clutch is so much different than the s197 IMO

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
anyone else feel the same? I mean yeah my 2014 was a v6 but this feels like it just does different stuff that’s all computer based. Like how when you start letting off the clutch it automatically gives it higher rpm’s to prevent from stalling. Thats taking getting used to. It’s odd. And sometimes going into like 2nd it feels like it holds the clutch slightly to give it a smoother shift rather than just bumping it into gear when it might make the car bump more if it isn’t a perfect shift, even though you’ve let the clutch out completely. It just seems like it’s all such weird computer assisted stuff. Does anyone else notice that? I mean I don’t mind it, just taking getting used to!!
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
I've driven many manuals, cars and bikes, and this is the weirdest clutch I've ever had. Between the engagement/release point being so high in the pedal travel and the overall lack of feeling it takes a lot of getting used to. There's no computer involvement, so maybe it's a twin-disc thing. Or maybe it's the way the hydraulics work. The engine speed thing is the rev-matchjng "feature". Some like it, some don't, but it can be turned off in your settings.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've driven many manuals, cars and bikes, and this is the weirdest clutch I've ever had. Between the engagement/release point being so high in the pedal travel and the overall lack of feeling it takes a lot of getting used to. There's no computer involvement, so maybe it's a twin-disc thing. Or maybe it's the way the hydraulics work. The engine speed thing is the rev-matchjng "feature". Some like it, some don't, but it can be turned off in your settings.
Wait so when it gives it revs as you let off slowly that’s the rev match feature? Didn’t even think. That’s cool. I keep it on tho. I like it.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I am a purist, as such ain’t really big into technology and extra gizmos however the rev Match is solid, really helps in stop n goes (heavy traffic).

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I agree. There is an aggressive idle bump when engaging the clutch compared to some other cars. I rather like it although a little less of it would be nice.

My previous ride was a 2008 Infiniti G35 MT6. That too rolled in throttle to control idle as the clutch engaged. But that was the worst clutch I've ever driven. Basically an on-off switch. Every red light or stop sign, unless facing downhill, was an adventure. I was so shell shocked from driving that thing for 12 years I almost ordered the Mustang with an A10. Turned out that the MT82 is a pleasure to drive. Granted the shifter is a bit crude, but otherwise it's great.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
anyone else feel the same? I mean yeah my 2014 was a v6 but this feels like it just does different stuff that’s all computer based. Like how when you start letting off the clutch it automatically gives it higher rpm’s to prevent from stalling. Thats taking getting used to. It’s odd. And sometimes going into like 2nd it feels like it holds the clutch slightly to give it a smoother shift rather than just bumping it into gear when it might make the car bump more if it isn’t a perfect shift, even though you’ve let the clutch out completely. It just seems like it’s all such weird computer assisted stuff. Does anyone else notice that? I mean I don’t mind it, just taking getting used to!!
This is the auto rev match. If you turn it off you'll notice a difference. The ARM works both on up- and downshifts.
Apart from that, there's a certain amount of rev hang for emissions control, but that's on par with other contemporary engines, nothing out of the ordinary. I believe a tune can get rid of that, too.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wait so when it gives it revs as you let off slowly that’s the rev match feature? Didn’t even think. That’s cool. I keep it on tho. I like it.
No, that's not the auto rev match. It's an anti-stall feature. It works with the ARM off as well.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sounds like you might have the hill assist Turned on. Check in the instrument cluster and turn it off and give it a try.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good thoughts here. I didn’t know ARM worked on an up shift too!!!
So here’s the question. When you’re doing stall assist, it’s holding rpm’s as you have the clutch somewhat engaged. On other cars in reverse for example, i feather the gas as I let the clutch fully on and off, rather than holding it at engagement point which to me is riding the clutch. If you hold the stang at engagement point, it revs up and you can roll along without touching the gas, and for example reverse into a garage like I do. Now, this to me feels like it’s riding the clutch technically bc you’re holding the engagement point and not letting fully off and the car is giving revs. What’s your thoughts guys? To me this seems bad for it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience (remember I’m in a euro so there may be slight differences with the programming), the anti stall is exactly that, it will only make its presence known if it thinks you are going to stall.

If I drive it as I was taught, it doesn’t do anything and remains hidden in the background :like:

I can’t think of a situation where I would want to purposely do a ‘stall assist’ ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
S197 V6 clutch and first gear ratios were much more satisfying than my 2018 GT.

V6 felt sporty. GT feels like a loaded dump truck.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my experience (remember I’m in a euro so there may be slight differences with the programming), the anti stall is exactly that, it will only make its presence known if it thinks you are going to stall.

If I drive it as I was taught, it doesn’t do anything and remains hidden in the background :like:

I can’t think of a situation where I would want to purposely do a ‘stall assist’ ?

WD :like:
really? mine always engages as i slowly let off the clutch, so if i’m in traffic, or if i’m reverse. it always does it.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 V6 clutch and first gear ratios were much more satisfying than my 2018 GT.

V6 felt sporty. GT feels like a loaded dump truck.
LOL that’s crazy. my 2014 was slow as shit. was only 2.73’s in that thing too, but yeah, the GT is 5000000x better and sporty and fast as F compared to my old 3.7 lol

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
LOL that’s crazy. my 2014 was slow as shit. was only 2.73’s in that thing too, but yeah, the GT is 5000000x better and sporty and fast as F compared to my old 3.7 lol
I had effectively 3.55 gears, tune, etc. in my V6. My GT is stock.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had effectively 3.55 gears, tune, etc. in my V6. My GT is stock.
true. my GT is stock. my 2014 had an MPT 87 tune on it. the only difference is throttle response of the pedal…but apparently sport mode makes it sensitive like my 2014 was…but i don’t want to use sport mode because that means when i go back to normal mode it’ll feel slow lol
Sponsored