Sponsored

The car that just keeps on giving... up

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone! This is my Oxford White 2017 GT w/ Performance Pack. I had purchased it used, with only 2k miles on it and already had most of the work done.

Some mods include..

D1X Procharger, stage 2 intercooler
BMR Suspension
Spec Stage 3 Clutch & Flywheel
Bassani Exhaust
DSS Driveshaft
1500 HP rated axles
UPR Dual catch can

First, less then 500 miles after havint the car the DSS Driveshaft broke and had to be sent out for repair and replacement.
Then at around 9K miles I threw a check engine light and lost pressure in cylinder 8.

So - With the help of the guys at Palm Beach Dyno, I ordered an Aluminator 12:1 Short block, new fore innovations duel pump fuel system and pullied down to a 4.25 Pulley. I was able to get back on the road and put down 850 HP.

WELL.. unfortunately I am back to square one... Last night lost third gear and had fluid pouring out the bottom - looks like it's time for a new trans!
Sponsored

Attachments

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Upgrade to a tremec while you’re at it, might as well. That’s what I plan on doing when I blow my tranny. Explode my transmission that is…

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Look at it this way... you're finding and eliminating all the weak links. You'll have a beast of a machine when you're done.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Upgrade to a tremec while you’re at it, might as well. That’s what I plan on doing when I blow my tranny. Explode my transmission that is…

That's what I'll have to do at this point... last part of it.