The big S550 end of generation thread

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Maybe I purchased an early week unit, but I would give the fit and finish decently high marks. Have owned Honda's and a few Toyota's in the past. Paint thickness is an interesting topic. A good friend owns a successful body shop and relayed that the EPA regulates VOC's and other aspects of paint application. He said that factories and individual shops have to pay particular attention when it comes to this. Otherwise, I've been pleased with the car. The few suspension upgrades to the PP1 package have been miraculous: camber plates, lower stiffer springs, GT 350 R ratings, larger brake ducting air deflection plates, and finally 19" x 11" custom offset wheelset with 305/30/19 Michelins...wow! Will have to add auxiliary coolers if I do longer than 20 minute track sessions, but still less expensive than having purchased the next tier up.
Sponsored

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I’m really appreciative of this generation.

This Gen really caught my attention of the mustang. Before I leaned heavily towards foreign cars, but I love how the domestic pony/muscle cars have perfected the retro homages without being tacky about it.

I’m also appreciative for the community and how vast it is. Even with my base eco, I still get looks and get approached by folks that have stories about how they had a Mustang. It’s been a fun 3 years of ownership and can’t wait to get the V8 experience in the future.