Sponsored

The best TIRE DRESSING? for the wettest look.........

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey Guys-

The best TIRE DRESSING? for the wettest look......... Would it be ADAMS or CHEMICAL GUYS?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Do yourself a favor and purchase Garage Bulls Plastic Restorer. Works on everything black, including tires, and is pretty amazing. It was like $20

https://garagebullsamerica.com/

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I use Chemical Guys VRP. I put on two coats and then after about 30 minutes, I lightly go over it with a micro sponge to ensure there is no flinging. I paid $38 for a gallon. I transfer it to the bottles, as I need it.

Sponsored

CRS77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m using Adams VRT tire dressing. I’ve been happy with it so far.
I typically put it on when the car is going to sit for a couple of days to help reduce flinging. Will try the micro sponge technique n X-ray time.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Readers, please don' take this as an insult or directed at anyone in particular, I LOVE detailing products and use MANY different brands, so these comments are in line with my natural analytical thought process.

As mentioned, Chemical Guys have a very strong marketing system that equates to the MORE IS MORE method of creating a product line up. Put simply, they have far too many products that do the same thing. In theory, this means if one particular product doesn't entice, chances are they will have several alternatives that do a similar thing, potentially keeping buyers in the brand. From my perspective, don't offer me 10 different tire dressings, just give me your BEST product.

Also, this is a brand that is designed to be very approachable and user friendly. Nothing wrong with that, if it gives people the confidence to work on their car, then all good. But the tradeoff is longevity and ultimate results are reduced.

One thing I have found common with the use of Chemical Guys are the comments along the lines of "they don't last long". This means two things: One, the products are designed to be easy to use to suit all abilities at the expense of durability. Two, a product that doesn't last long needs to be topped up or used more often, meaning it needs to be purchased more often.

At the end of the day, if someone is using a Chemical Guys product and likes the results, then that is all that matters. I have used a number of Chemical Guys products, the only one I liked was, appropriately, VRP dressing. However, the subject of the thread is what is the BEST tire dressing, and VRP is certainly not the best.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Having said that, there are three main types of tire dressings -

1/Water based products. These have a lower durability but are easier to apply and do not sling onto the paint.

Carpro Perl, Chemical Guys VRP, Duragloss 253, NV Onyx, Meguiar's Hyper Dressing, Gyeon Tire Express...........

2/Solvent based products. These last longer and generally have a higher level of gloss. They are messier to deal with overall, both in application, in cleaning and have a far higher chance of slinging onto the paint. I stopped using these for that reason.

Gyeon Q2 Tire, Meguiar's Endurance or Hot Shine, Autoglym High Performace Tire Gel.............

3/Tire Coatings. These are a products that penetrate and bond to the tire rather than simply sitting on top like a dressing would. Tire coatings will last months not weeks.

Carpro Blackout, Optimum Tire Coating, Gtechniq T1...........

These are the ones I have found to be glossier -

Gyeon Q2 Tire - This is a solvent based product with an Si02 element for durability. Apply a couple of thin coats and knock it back after 30 minutes to reduce sling. Should last about 5 washes.

x333333333.jpg

x333333.jpg

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel - This is water based but does seem to be one of the glossier of this type. Again, apply a couple of thin coats for a glossier result.

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

Meguiars Endurance - A solvent based product offering gloss and durability. It must be knocked back after 30 min or it will sling.

DSC-0103.jpg

IMG-E2064.jpg

Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Don’t always go for the deep wet gloss look, I used Cover All is it was good, I found Cristal Products and tried it. I feel it was better than cover all and cheap too.. but VRP is my favorite for now.

178F66B9-54F5-46C6-B7C0-6178C3AF13A3.jpeg

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Having said that, there are three main types of tire dressings -

1/Water based products. These have a lower durability but are easier to apply and do not sling onto the paint.

Carpro Perl, Chemical Guys VRP, Duragloss 253, NV Onyx, Meguiar's Hyper Dressing, Gyeon Tire Express...........

2/Solvent based products. These last longer and generally have a higher level of gloss. They are messier to deal with overall, both in application, in cleaning and have a far higher chance of slinging onto the paint. I stopped using these for that reason.

Gyeon Q2 Tire, Meguiar's Endurance or Hot Shine, Autoglym High Performace Tire Gel.............

3/Tire Coatings. These are a products that penetrate and bond to the tire rather than simply sitting on top like a dressing would. Tire coatings will last months not weeks.

Carpro Blackout, Optimum Tire Coating, Gtechniq T1...........

These are the ones I have found to be glossier -

Gyeon Q2 Tire - This is a solvent based product with an Si02 element for durability. Apply a couple of thin coats and knock it back after 30 minutes to reduce sling. Should last about 5 washes.

x333333333.jpg

x333333.jpg

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel - This is water based but does seem to be one of the glossier of this type. Again, apply a couple of thin coats for a glossier result.

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

Meguiars Endurance - A solvent based product offering gloss and durability. It must be knocked back after 30 min or it will sling.

DSC-0103.jpg

IMG-E2064.jpg
Thank you for the in depth reply, awesome information.
Anthony