Sponsored

The best TIRE DRESSING? for the wettest look.........

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If I'm in a rush, I just use Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing. A few sprays onto an old microfibre and a wipe round. I then leave it for a little bit and do a second pass. I wouldn't say it was amazing gloss or amazing longevity but it does the trick for a few days. I might check out the Koch Chemie PSS. :)
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If I'm in a rush, I just use Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing. A few sprays onto an old microfibre and a wipe round. I then leave it for a little bit and do a second pass. I wouldn't say it was amazing gloss or amazing longevity but it does the trick for a few days. I might check out the Koch Chemie PSS. :)
Can absolutely recommend Koch Chemie PSS, fabulous product!

IMG-4469.jpg

IMG-4470.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I know the original question posed in this thread was for maximum gloss, but here are a couple more I have been liking to use lately.

Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing - This is a water-based product that won't sling. It can be layered up to the desired finish or knocked back to a matte/satin finish. Smells awesome and is best applied with a brush. It's pretty expensive but is worth the price in my opinion.

Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing | Tire Shine

IMG-2880.jpg

IMG-3340.jpg

Carpro Perl - A classic favorite for many, Perl seem to tick so many boxes; no sling water-based formula, dilutable, offers the ability to tailor your preferred finish from matte all the way to deep gloss, decent longevity, easy to apply. You can use a foam applicator or brush to apply Perl. Best bit is it can also be used for interior dressing, engine bay dressing and exterior trim dressing when diluted appropriately. I use it at full strength for tires, many use it diluted for less gloss.

CARPRO PERL 500ml (17oz) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG-2570.jpg

IMG-2580.jpg

Adam's Graphene Tire Dressing - I bought this purely out of curiosity and was immediately impressed with it. I really love the subtle sheen this produces and ease of application. Best applied with a foam applicator, it's a runnier liquid like diluted Perl, you also need to shake it pretty vigorously to redistribute the Graphene element. In theory, the Graphene additive is supposed to improve longevity, frankly that's just marketing speak, the reality is that this is a very nice tire dressing.

Graphene Tire Dressing™ - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

IMG-4809.jpg

IMG-4813.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A little tip for those who have larger truck or SUV tires, a real time saver in applying dressing on these can be to use a wheel and body brush like these -

Short Handle Tire Wheel Brush (autogeek.net)
Carrand Deluxe Super Soft Car Wash Brush, body brush, auto brush, car wash supplies (autogeek.net)

These brushes are softer than a normal tire scrubbing brush and are generally used to clean the wheel face. Here, the softness allows the brush to get the product into all the groves of chunkier SUV/Truck tires.

This method is best reserved for runnier dressings like the Adam's Graphene, Autoglym Instant Tire Dressing, diluted Carpro Perl or in my case, Duragloss 253 -

IMG-3411.jpg

Spray the product directly into the bristles of the brush -

IMG-3418.jpg

Then work the product in with the brush -

IMG-3419.jpg

IMG-3422.jpg

Also good at getting right into the bead of the rim and tire -

IMG-3424.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
What a GREAT eye deer, D! I'll be trying this out next time I wash the pickup...many thanks and it will definitely save time. Leave it to you to come up with a killer method. :-)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What a GREAT eye deer, D! I'll be trying this out next time I wash the pickup...many thanks and it will definitely save time. Leave it to you to come up with a killer method. :-)
Full disclosure, I actually learnt about that method from a fellow member on the Auto Geek forum.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Picked up some Griot’s Garage ceramic tire dressing, I’m no Joe Pro but this seems very promising, is it the best 🤷🏻‍♂️. I have no real world results as car is still stored for the winter. Also I didn’t prep the tires first, definitely dry to the touch
4DC50908-007C-4FE1-867B-4466A0403FEA.jpeg

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
For my own tires I consider a matt finish to be best. My opinion of the extremely shinny coating is that it looked appropriate in 1989 but today a low sheen is preferred.
Sponsored