Sponsored

The argument for/against the 2018 Mustang.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Any information on how the B&O system is? Is it an upgrade over the old shaker system?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Any information on how the B&O system is? Is it an upgrade over the old shaker system?
An all-new Bang and Olufsen sound system is now available on the Mustang. It features a dual-voice coil subwoofer, as well as three-way front door speakers to provide a better surround sound experience. The technology is controlled via Ford’s latest SYNC3 infotainment system, which features both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration software.

^^^^1000 watts, 12 speakers....I'm sure it'll be an improvement.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Apparently it's meant to be an improvement though i don't think US has gotten it yet either so its speculation...

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Brand name doesn't dictate quality though...Could be a cheap shit model of theirs lol.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yeah it's "B&O Play" I think, so could be some shit sub brand. I'm sure it will be a nice step up from what we have currently though

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
What's been announced so far:

On US cars, a rev-matching function for Mustang GTs equipped with a six-speed manual, a 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system, and an active exhaust system for the EcoBoost. Australian cars, who knows....B&O at least.

New colours: Need for Green, Dark Highland Green (Bullitt only), Velocity Blue.

Discontinued colours: Royal Crimson, Triple Yellow, Lightning Blue.
Really, that’s all?
For GT auto nothing apart from up spec stereo and 2 new colours.
Royal crimson didn’t last long.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Really, that’s all?
For GT auto nothing apart from up spec stereo and 2 new colours.
Royal crimson didn’t last long.
No different to the 16-17 upgrade, which was really only Sync 3 and some colour changes

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Matt....enjoyed your stoush on FB re: 2019 deliveries :).

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I forgot about that, was pretty funny. I found the law suit comments particularly amusing, harked back to some of the early adopters being queue jumped

Serves me right for checking facebook on a Friday night. Maybe if I were sober I could have come up with a better argument lol

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Ha! I forgot about that, was pretty funny. I found the law suit comments particularly amusing, harked back to some of the early adopters being queue jumped

Serves me right for checking facebook on a Friday night. Maybe if I were sober I could have come up with a better argument lol
Did somebody say queue jumper? :lol:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
2019 and 2020 will be minor revisions, 2021 is set to be the next major update, however Ford have gone back and forth on how big that update will be.

By then I probably wont be daily driving and might sell my current EB 'Vert for the new model GT 'Vert

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Another change for the 2019 car, the manual gets gear selector indication on the tacho instead of a four digit RPM readout. Here is an 2018 Oz Spec GT cluster and a 2019 US spec Bullitt cluster (hence the increased limit 180 mph speedo):

cluster2018ozspec.jpg

clusterbullitt.jpg

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Not that the question is anything but moot by now of course, but I still don’t see the point in waiting - at least for a GT auto.

The Shaker in our '18 is way better than the one in our '16 was, but with the dynamic exhaust we never turn it on. Might be different if the car is a daily, but ours is a weekend plaything these days so I could not care less about the audio. Sync 3 vs Sync 2 was a much bigger deal because Sync 2 had a much older interface and no CarPlay / Android Auto, and I was a bit envious of the '17 over the '16 because of that. I also liked Grabber Blue, but my wife didn’t.

The only thing that I'm a bit unhappy with in our early '18 model is that Ford NZ only introduced the 5 year warranty a few weeks ago, so our's missed out by about two months.

I guess we'll keep it quite happily while the three year warranty runs and we see if any of the scary expensive issues are still real. By then maybe the 7G details will be firmed up and we can look at another new Mustang, or perhaps there will be a RHD Corvette available to tempt us over to the bow tie from the blue oval.

whmacs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT auto
Hi All,
I currently have a MY17 5.0 GT automatic in magnetic. I'm contemplating trading it in at the end of the year on an MY19 5.0 GT automatic (not sure what colour yet). I like the looks of the mid life refresh, the 10 speed auto, digital dash, quad exhaust and new B&O stereo etc.. I'm sure I could purchase a MY19 off the lot when they become available if it wasn't for magneride. ( I only had a 2 week wait to get my MY17 Mustang).

It looks like very few dealers order any vehicles with magneride, so its difficult to find one to test drive. This then would require a custom order and approx 7 months wait (based on what I've read here). Anyone have any thoughts on magneride being worth the 7 months wait? Also, what is the approx percentage deposit you need to pay for a custom order in advance?

Regards,
Stephen
Sponsored