The American Addiction to Speeding

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Use automated ticketing, we used to have vans and cameras, but they got rid of them.- Supreme Court says illegal but imo, those and red light cameras I appreciated

Lemme tell ya, when you saw a white van, all traffic was going speed limit. I liked it.

doesn’t work w no plates though, which tons do not have anymore since COVID. No fear of pull overs so people simply havnt worried about getting tags or don’t have on by choice
I got a number of ride-alongs on freeway traffic control and have to say few hours of that is incredibly exhausting and the effects only last until the traffic gets out of your immediate range. You would be surprised how many officers just hate it.
Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
"Appreciating" state cameras in 2022 is probably more common than people think. People don't value privacy, liberty and freedom as much as I would have thought just a few short yrs ago. The slippery slope towards marxism is getting steeper fast.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
"Appreciating" state cameras in 2022 is probably more common than people think. People don't value privacy, liberty and freedom as much as I would have thought just a few short yrs ago. The slippery slope towards marxism is getting steeper fast.
Cameras was here. for many years. People was mad about them, those who complained had tons of tickets. Like TONS. But those who was mad are those who ran red lights or got caught speeding.
The red light system and speeding system, the red light gave you an extra second or two before snapping. Also the speed camera wouldn’t snap a shot unless you exceeded like 10 or 11mph.

yet the out cry was real, and it was those who was constantly breaking the rules by speeding. I didn’t care when it was removed initially as I wasn’t impacted either way, but. Now that they are gone, I’d choose to have every light equipped all day long. This is what happens when there’s no worries or consequences.

not trying to bring up politics, but the areas I live near are kinda poorer communities, and they claimed it’s racial injustice by having enforcement, you won’t see any cops patrolling anywhere near the broker neighborhoods, and that’s where the speeding is doubled more so than anywhere else. To patrol them is, discriminatory.

Argument doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s how it goes here. They are my neighbors,and I feel everyone should be treated equally and held to same level of accountability.

but I’m a robot, I just follow signs and rules to the t.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know what the solution is, but we really need one, we just can’t let people go as fast as they want. People will die- and if someone does die. It shouldn’t be the person following the rules.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The red light system and speeding system, the red light gave you an extra second or two before snapping. Also the speed camera wouldn’t snap a shot unless you exceeded like 10 or 11mph.
That is total BS, the reason the camera's got outlawed in Oh was due to cities setting them at 1 mile over the limit and no way to fight the ticket.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know what the solution is,
The solution is to set the limits to something reasonable. If 85 or 90% of people are driving 85 that is what the limit should be.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The solution is to set the limits to something reasonable. If 85 or 90% of people are driving 85 that is what the limit should be.
Regardless of how many extra deaths and injuries it causes?

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well I guess it would depend on the road. If we are talking about an interstate highway here in the US I would agree that adjustments need to be made. No one, and I mean no one does the speed limit on 95 up and down the East Coast. If they do they are taking their lives in their own hands.

Now on smaller highways and local roads leaving it up to the public is probably not a great idea. But maybe some middle ground could be found.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That is total BS, the reason the camera's got outlawed in Oh was due to cities setting them at 1 mile over the limit and no way to fight the ticket.
that's not how ours was. we had a 11mph limit on the dayton/trotwood area for cameras and speeding. I still am not against it though, 1-5 you are fine, 6+ you can be ticketed imo is reasonable with cameras.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
As it turns out when in the absence of a speed limit most people drive at a reasonable speed given conditions. When a reasonable limit is set more people actually follow it rather than feel the need to set their own. You'd wonder why the autobahn isn't an epicenter of death and mayhem.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
As it turns out when in the absence of a speed limit most people drive at a reasonable speed given conditions. When a reasonable limit is set more people actually follow it rather than feel the need to set their own. You'd wonder why the autobahn isn't an epicenter of death and mayhem.
I guarantee you people have died from reckless speed that could of been avoided at slower speeds. yes, not everyone, but you cant say people havnt died im sure from free speed limits. not talking 1 person, im talking a wreck with multiple involved

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
No mention of Montana's No-Limit period which demonstrated the SAFEST period on Montana's highways.

https://ww2.motorists.org/press/montana-no-speed-limit-safety-paradox/

"The study shows the safest period on Montana’s Interstate highways was when there were no daytime speed limits or enforceable speed laws."

No mention of the Autobahn in Germany.

It's not a valid article if it can't be backed up by ALL the data. And the whole of data shows that speed limits are, ironically, dangerous.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
And the whole of data shows that speed limits are, ironically, dangerous.
Mostly due to morons who don't go with the flow of traffic.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Look up New Miami OH
People won’t speed then, I’d rather extreme control than people no fear of speeding imo

I mean yeah, but if people back off speed limit 1-2mph they won’t get tickets
Sponsored