The American Addiction to Speeding

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
In many municipalities around here in SE Wisconsin, when you get a ticket, you talk to the city attorney first when you go for your court hearing. They will offer you a deal... higher fine in exchange for points and not having to come back for another court appearance. It's to your advantage to take the deal.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I assume prayer for judgement is a deferral, meaning doesnt hit the record if you pay the fines and dont get in trouble for a probationary amount of time. I rarely hear about those given out. Not even sure if my area gives them out.
In some states, even the fines are erased (paid attorney, which is like a fine).

I've done that over the 30+ years in a couple of states. Normally you hire an attorney and "make it go away". Depending on the state, might not make it to court.

Only state it didn't work was VA. I was glad to get that ticket though... About 4 am and I was going to funeral for my uncle who I grew up with. Shouldn't have been driving, honestly (but didn't realize it at the time). Anyway, judge said he would have waived it, but I was driving in a construction zone (even though no one was working). He wanted to put it on my record, "just in case". lol.

A judge can do almost whatever he/she wants (depending on state). Wish I could tell you how many people get off for the obvious reasons (hardship/kids, etc.).