Sponsored

The Albuquerque Stripper - Who says a Mustang can't land a kickflip?

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering it. I'll be in laguna week after so need to mitigate wife requests lol.
Buttonwillow has a dyno there.
I suggest you call them to take an appointment especially during these days.
I never ran NASA either. Cause the shutdown. Last year i did the Muscle Cup.
I input my peak. Cause my car is heavy anyway
I'm way far to 8:1 ratio (sitting around 9 ish)
I might go e85 soon and i will dyno again.

My buddy Chris with his vette will be there too. Super nice guy doing TT1.
What is your laptime at cw13?
In my stock 2019GT it was just over 2m, both clockwise and counter-clockwise, and that was with SV in point-by groups. I'd suspect with no traffic/open-passing I probably had another second or two in it. I actually prefer CCW, because you can really fly through the esses, get some nice air over Phil Hill, and that hard uphill U-turn near the end is rather scary as you're going to catch lots of air if you don't stop in time. Now that I'm plenty lighter, and more powerful, I think the lower 1:50s would be pretty competitive. Looking at past NASA races, AI runs 1:54-1:57, ST2 runs 1:50-1:53.
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Great! Really hope to be there too and meet you un person.
Alessandro

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great! Really hope to be there too and meet you un person.
Alessandro
Same. Just sent them an e-mail, might as well do it. All in all, it's probably safer that I do my shakedown there. It's hard to really go much over 100mph anywhere other than the front and brack straights, it's mostly flat, very few walls, and lots of places to safely run off the course should something go wrong. Might as well give #25 a try too.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Our car can get closer to 50. with proper tires. with 100F little complicated lol

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Got it on the scales, which with about 1/8 of a tank, the cage, and no driver was just over 3400, which is great considering that I know my full tank weight was 3940 with me in the 19, so I managed to strip closer to 400 pounds out, and then added the cage in.
This is amazing. Do you have a list of what you removed from the car to lost so much weight ? I'm looking into weight reduction for my car eventually and this is close to the number that I want so it will be helpful.

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
This is amazing. Do you have a list of what you removed from the car to lost so much weight ? I'm looking into weight reduction for my car eventually and this is close to the number that I want so it will be helpful.
I would start with this https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-what-things-weigh-thread.15864/ for a street car

Patrick's car is purpose built for racing so if it's not needed for going fast on track, it's ripped out of the car. You can use your imagination after that.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's pretty much missing everything that isn't needed, and that's a great reference document. I'll be honest, as this was my first, I was so obsessed with doing it, that I didn't have time or thought to weigh things, and even if I did, with a bathroom scale, how accurate could it be? If I was to do this again, now having this fun experience under my belt, I'd do it somewhat slower, and document and video more of it for us amateurs, but at the same time, figuring it out was a really fun adventure. If the desire, finances, and/or situations present themselves, I highly suggest it. You'll end up meeting your neighbors, whether they like you or not, and you'll very quickly realize how small your garage truly is. I've got cardboard boxes and a hodgepodge of stock parts and performance parts all over the place, but that too is almost finished, as I've had pretty good luck with selling parts locally. You also gain a great deal of respect (and jealousy) for those who do this stuff for a living, lucky bastards.
In the cockpit, the only things that are left are, the instrument cluster, stock steering wheel + airbag, the center dash molding, and the A/C evaporator box. The doors have been gutted, door skins, glass, and speakers removed, they're hollowed. The seats, airbags, belts, and plastic linings are gone, as is the armrest and everything but the little hidden anti-theft box that detects your key. The rear speakers, that padding, the trunk, trunk lining, and all carpeting and headliner is gone. I've removed things like the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, the lil' squirters, the A/C radiator, and those automatic shutter things to get slightly better MPG ratings, no fog lights, and hollowed the front bumper and the fender liners. I'm running MCS coilovers, so the heavy stock springs and struts are out, and even took the fender liner off, which, I'm thinking about putting back in someday. I've got some AP racing brakes, and Apex EC-7 rims which save me some unsprung weight compared to stock, and a pretty light Sparco Evo seat and frame went back in.
So other than the A/C head unit, and perhaps switching my front/rear windshields with some thinner Lexan ones, I'm pretty close to the lightest this can go without changing things like K-Members or rear diff with some special lightened racing application, or completely fabbing up and changing the body. As it sits right now, I'm probably closer to 7:1 wt/hp than the 8:1 I desire, so I've got to start either shedding hp or adding weight, or both.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so I've got to start either shedding hp or adding weight, or both.
I guess that would depend on the track (more slow speed turns vs long straights). Are you allowed to adjust the car within the season or the car has to remain the same from event to event? If you can change mid-season, I would just keep various restricter plates and ballasts on hand.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that would depend on the track (more slow speed turns vs long straights). Are you allowed to adjust the car within the season or the car has to remain the same from event to event? If you can change mid-season, I would just keep various restricter plates and ballasts on hand.
From how I've understood it, you give a minimum race weight, so that you can NEVER weigh less than this, and your dyno would be an average of your maximum output (average of peak hp, a few measurements past peak, and a few leading up to it), and then add in some penalties for running like a racing sequential gearbox, or big slicks to give you your class limit. I guess from there, you could make less power, and you could add more weight, and after races they'll check to see you didn't f with the tune to make even more power, or strip a bunch of weight off. So, I believe I could try to play with where the ballast is, and try to get closer to a 50/50 F/R. Naturally, I'd like to be as light as possible, but if I'm so light that I have heavily detune it which in a sub-optimal configuration may lead to its premature demise, then I'd rather just put some extra weight as I can't afford to buy race motors every weekend. While I figured out how to bolt and chop things off, I don't trust myself with an engine... yet :)

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! I hear you loud and clear. That's exactly why I'm not touching my engine either. Keep that thing happy and hopefully lasting a long time and play with everything else. Plus this is my only car. Once the day comes where I can afford a second car, I'll start diving into this car more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what little I know, it looks like they do a pretty good job of being open, for instance, you can see the compliance forms and docs right out in the open -- https://airtable.com/shrtuIZcugofvmCJZ/tblzOXuQ6j4GJh4nT/viwgWtC3AQ0QAJPI0 -- and you might even recognize some names in there. If you filter the column for Mustangs, you'll get a pretty good idea of where the sweet spot is. Spec classes are fun, but honestly, I would feel wrong in pretty much anything else but a Mustang, and while it sucks coming in last, it's my money, why not enjoy it? We're pretty fortunate that the S550 is actually a really nice platform, and the IRS gives it some pretty good handling, perhaps so good that any idiot thinks that they're to be the next Andretti. Speaking of NASA, giving it a go at Buttonwillow in two weekends for the shakedown, couldn't just sit home, all dressed up and nowhere to go. First day is going to be #13 which I know pretty good, and so it should give me a few runs to verify things are as they should be, and perhaps a run to tweak something, and then the next day is #25 which I've not yet run, and I believe is the fastest configuration as you skip the bus stop and gain a nice long back straightaway. Psyched.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine wants us to get into Spec 944 and do the TREC races (junior endurance race). I'm still new to this life style so I'm just working my way up the HPDE ladder while trying to mostly stay within budget (that's impossible, lol)

I've done CCW #14 before, also no bus stop. You get some decent speeds there.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Weight saving

25lbs rear trims

5lbs the tire inflate

31lbs rear seats no hardware

6.5 lbs hardware rear seat

50lbs front seat

26lbs Battery antigravity

Total

142.5 lbs
Plus
~35 lbs Lighter wheels +bigger tire combo
(19x11 305mm)

~22lbs front 2 piece rotors

~20lbs Coilovers

My car sits at 3620 (no driver) with half tank , 8lbs of windshield fluid and additional coolers/fluid weights.

Mine is 80lbs heavier than yours (cause 10speed)

Additional saving :

AC
Radio
Door trims.

No saving on after market SEAT because the seat us lighter but tgr base is super heavy and final weight is the same( unless u buy tge CORBEAU seat that fits without the base)

Hope thid help

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Big difference too is that he can he can drive to/from the track and enjoy it elsewhere, whereas I'm really pushing my luck. It's not as much fun driving my daily and telling stories about how bad my other can kick their ass, no matter how true it is. I guess all I can really do is get one of those "MY OTHER CAR IS FUCKING AWESOME" license plate frames.
Sponsored