Sponsored

The Albuquerque Stripper - Who says a Mustang can't land a kickflip?

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Got some new front hubs with extended hubs and spacers this weekend, one of the last parts that I was waiting on.

Removed the old hubs, put in the new ones, swapped the stock brake rotors and calipers out, put the 6 piston PP Brembos in, put on the AP racing rotors, 27mm spacer, and swapped the stock swaybar out for the FRPP one that was in the track pack.

IMG_20200525_200544.jpg

Tossed on the Apex EC-7 with the 315's for a test fit, looks good, perhaps a little poke.

IMG_20200525_204406.jpg

You can also see where I was testing out some Oxford White touchup spray on the body, looks pretty close with just one pass and no real paint prep, so I'll probably take it to the stock 5.0 replacement fenders I've got and toss them on too, since they're an unpainted black.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mishimoto radiator in, removed the AC, and started removing the lines all the way back to the firewall. Because I installed the Long Tubes, the final piece I couldn't remove was the pipe that has a little plate that's covered by it, which would have been an easy removal if the factory shorties were there. Ugh. With it loosened, all it does is clang against the piping too, which would certainly drive me nuts trying to pay attention to everything next weekend, so had to bolt things back up, but after the shakedown, yeah, taking that stuff off and trying to shed some more weight with things I don't need.
IMG_20200528_221658_469.jpg

So now this weekend I've got to get an alignment, load the tune, and find some time to uh, drive it above the speed limit, despite being unregistered and totally not passing smog. Such is the difficult life of a rebel. Without the AC in the way, I'll also look to put some aluminum around the sides and wall it off to really force some air through that radiator, there's certainly a gap from where removing other things, like that shutter system really open some room. Perhaps angling and touching the top of the radiator to the frame might get a little more angling of the air upwards so I can extract it from the engine with proper hood venting. Dunno, don't plan at setting any records at ACS, just trying to test the brakes, suspension, aero, and ensure the motor and tranny are good. I'd be surprised if I do any better than 2:00, but this car should easily be capable of sub 1:50.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome updates. Cant wait to see this thing rolling

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome updates. Cant wait to see this thing rolling
Maaan, you and me both. I've got a couple of Instagram videos lately where I throw it some revs, so the engine sounds ready.

https://instagram.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn...=5ED4CB8E&oh=087c00078cbccdad6ab09762a90b360e

Took it on a 20-25mph drive up and down the street again, everything feels tight, zigzags, quick stop and gos feel good and tight, and the alignment looks okay by eye. Taking it in on Monday morning to get to something like GT350R Track specs. The side runners should arrive mid-week, so this weekend is all about loading the tune, as well as putting on the front side fenders and front bumper. Front bumper is mineral grey, fenders are unpainted black, rest of the car is white, but one of the side runners is ingot silver, so, yeah, showing up at ACS in 4 colors :) I can spray paint or vinyl wrap it supposing I survive two days.
IMG_20200529_215611.jpg

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Paint matched cars are for squares anyway!
True that, and under the wrap, who in the hell knows and/or cares afterwards too? The GT350 look growing on me, and if I put coolers behind them, might be semi-functional. Kicking myself for ditching the plastic fender tubs, but meh, they were damaged anyhow.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Mishimoto radiator in, removed the AC, and started removing the lines all the way back to the firewall. Because I installed the Long Tubes, the final piece I couldn't remove was the pipe that has a little plate that's covered by it, which would have been an easy removal if the factory shorties were there. Ugh. With it loosened, all it does is clang against the piping too, which would certainly drive me nuts trying to pay attention to everything next weekend, so had to bolt things back up, but after the shakedown, yeah, taking that stuff off and trying to shed some more weight with things I don't need.
IMG_20200528_221658_469.jpg

So now this weekend I've got to get an alignment, load the tune, and find some time to uh, drive it above the speed limit, despite being unregistered and totally not passing smog. Such is the difficult life of a rebel. Without the AC in the way, I'll also look to put some aluminum around the sides and wall it off to really force some air through that radiator, there's certainly a gap from where removing other things, like that shutter system really open some room. Perhaps angling and touching the top of the radiator to the frame might get a little more angling of the air upwards so I can extract it from the engine with proper hood venting. Dunno, don't plan at setting any records at ACS, just trying to test the brakes, suspension, aero, and ensure the motor and tranny are good. I'd be surprised if I do any better than 2:00, but this car should easily be capable of sub 1:50.
I wish i could have come next WE. I want to do ACS so badly
Come to laguna the 21
20191008_105559.jpg
20191008_105634.jpg

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
True that, and under the wrap, who in the hell knows and/or cares afterwards too? The GT350 look growing on me, and if I put coolers behind them, might be semi-functional. Kicking myself for ditching the plastic fender tubs, but meh, they were damaged anyhow.
The car looks bad ass mate. Hope it perform as well. Waiting for a track day is the hardest part. I put my 275/35 Race tires yesterday so now I can't wait for Friday to come.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The car looks bad ass mate. Hope it perform as well. Waiting for a track day is the hardest part. I put my 275/35 Race tires yesterday so now I can't wait for Friday to come.
Appreciate it, and I do too. Hopefully your Friday comes, because ours just got cancelled.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it, and I do too. Hopefully your Friday comes, because ours just got cancelled.
Oh that's so sad :( Mine is for sure on as our race tracks are open for like 3 weeks now.

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So not that I'm ever finished, but at a spot where I think I'm pretty happy for a bit, and just wanted to take the time to thank all of you for following up to this point, somewhat inspiring me to keep going on some of these tough days we've all had to endure over the crazy couple of months. It's been a nice escape from the really sad and ugly reality going on outside, and I'm trying my best to share it with you without bragging, because I really don't enjoy talking about myself endlessly.

Took it to an alignment shop the other day, which was totally ballsy and borderline stupid as this area swarms with cops. They were able to get it to the GT350R specs, which is a nice starting point, and took it for a couple laps around the neighborhood and it feels fantastic. Got it on the scales, which with about 1/8 of a tank, the cage, and no driver was just over 3400, which is great considering that I know my full tank weight was 3940 with me in the 19, so I managed to strip closer to 400 pounds out, and then added the cage in.

Now have to do all the little prep to get it ready to pass the NASA tech inspection for ST2, and then all of the games to get it within the 8:1 requirement and factor in penalties for using Hoosier R7. Ideally, would like it as light as possible, but with these longtubes and e85, if the 2018 dynos 415ish stock, we're well above that right now.
IMG_20200602_133100.jpg

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
So not that I'm ever finished, but at a spot where I think I'm pretty happy for a bit, and just wanted to take the time to thank all of you for following up to this point, somewhat inspiring me to keep going on some of these tough days we've all had to endure over the crazy couple of months. It's been a nice escape from the really sad and ugly reality going on outside, and I'm trying my best to share it with you without bragging, because I really don't enjoy talking about myself endlessly.

Took it to an alignment shop the other day, which was totally ballsy and borderline stupid as this area swarms with cops. They were able to get it to the GT350R specs, which is a nice starting point, and took it for a couple laps around the neighborhood and it feels fantastic. Got it on the scales, which with about 1/8 of a tank, the cage, and no driver was just over 3400, which is great considering that I know my full tank weight was 3940 with me in the 19, so I managed to strip closer to 400 pounds out, and then added the cage in.

Pretty happy where it is, and now have to do all the little prep to get it ready to pass the NASA tech inspection for ST2, and then all of the games to get it within the 8:1 requirement and factor in penalties for using Hoosier R7. Ideally, would like it as light as possible, but with these longtubes and e85, if the 2018 dynos 415ish stock, we're well above that right now.
IMG_20200602_133100.jpg
St2 or TT2?
AREre you going to Buttonwillow next week?

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
St2 or TT2?
AREre you going to Buttonwillow next week?
Yeah, I'm probably a 90% chance at going there for two days. Despite all of this talk about them, I've never actually run with NASA, so I'm assuming I'll go up there and get into HPDE 3/4. One of the main reasons for wanting to go is also to see if I can get somebody to do a pre-inspection to help me identify all of the loose ends, like windshield clips, that side impact safety net (or do I get a different seat with larger bolsters/hugs me tighter?), questions about whether I can run a stock fuel tank/system, or have to get something fancy and spendy, and the answer from that will then help me determine where to place the final piece to the cage, the missing rear crossbar (we didn't want to make installing the fuel system a pain). I know Buttonwillow #13 alright, and haven't ever done #25, and while I'm bummed that I don't get to air it out at ACS, I think that back straight is long enough to get it up to some good speeds. I don't have anything against TT, especially since those guys usually run the fastest, but I grew up playing competitive sports, so ST is closer to where my heart is.
@Flyhalf What about you, are you going? Do they have an on-site dyno at events? If so, I'd love to see where I stand, because I have an idea of what it is, but the peak and then average is a slightly different calculation, as I know you know.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm probably a 90% chance at going there for two days. Despite all of this talk about them, I've never actually run with NASA, so I'm assuming I'll go up there and get into HPDE 3/4. One of the main reasons for wanting to go is also to see if I can get somebody to do a pre-inspection to help me identify all of the loose ends, like windshield clips, that side impact safety net (or do I get a different seat with larger bolsters/hugs me tighter?), questions about whether I can run a stock fuel tank/system, or have to get something fancy and spendy, and the answer from that will then help me determine where to place the final piece to the cage, the missing rear crossbar (we didn't want to make installing the fuel system a pain). I know Buttonwillow #13 alright, and haven't ever done #25, and while I'm bummed that I don't get to air it out at ACS, I think that back straight is long enough to get it up to some good speeds. I don't have anything against TT, especially since those guys usually run the fastest, but I grew up playing competitive sports, so ST is closer to where my heart is.
@Flyhalf What about you, are you going? Do they have an on-sight dyno at events? If so, I'd love to see where I stand, because I have an idea of what it is, but the peak and then average is a slightly different calculation, as I know you know.
I'm considering it. I'll be in laguna week after so need to mitigate wife requests lol.
Buttonwillow has a dyno there.
I suggest you call them to take an appointment especially during these days.
I never ran NASA either. Cause the shutdown. Last year i did the Muscle Cup.
I input my peak. Cause my car is heavy anyway
I'm way far to 8:1 ratio (sitting around 9 ish)
I might go e85 soon and i will dyno again.

My buddy Chris with his vette will be there too. Super nice guy doing TT1.
What is your laptime at cw13?
Sponsored