Sponsored

The Albuquerque Stripper - Who says a Mustang can't land a kickflip?

OP
OP
PaddyPrix

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
As for BW and CW, I'd love to go out there, but easy E85 access is the problem.
Depends if you carry the 5gal VP jugs with you.

BW isn't too bad with e85 being a Shell on Gosford Rd in West Bakersfield, which is about 25 miles east of the track. Make sure you "sign up" for the fuel rewards program to get 5c off. Not that they don't validate, I've signed up like, everytime I've been there, all you get is a text, and of course, 5c off. There is an e85 station around the Templin Highway or Smoky Bear exit as you cross the Grapevine.

CW isn't too bad, either, but a little bit further as CW is like an hour from everything. They have e85 at a Chevron in Indio off Jackson that you can fill up, but I'd think about grabbing a few 5gal VP jugs to replace what you use per session, but If you're doing two days, you might have to make a night trip to refill it and them to the top. Or switch to a flex on the way out, the prices at the track aren't too terribly bad, actually.

He now has a Terminator motor installed and need some help. I don't want to drive anyone crazy but some basic help would be appreciated.
1. Should he have gotten both the main harness that mounts to the fire wall on the driver's side and the harness that goes through the passenger sides of the firewall and connects to the ECU?
2. If those two harness and the ECU come from the Cobra the Terminator engine came from does he need anything else from the donor car?
Perfect topic for the 6th gen forum :D This is where my memory gets fuzzy as I've had a few 55gal drums of booze through me since I had to think about that last. I do recall that when it was the hotness back in the day was to pretty much transplant as much as you could, as the engine, ecu, and even the dash between the SN-95 and Fox were so similar. I want to say that I was using my 98 Cobra with the 98 Computer and 98 dash, and while I didn't get the cool integrated boost gauge that the 03-04 had, it worked with something like an xCal2. Saying all that though, there were plenty of similarities between the 96-98 Cobra, 99,01 Cobra, and 03-04 Cobra. Was the Shinoda based on a 2v PI motor (please not a 96-98 NPI) or the 99 Cobra 4v? If it was based on a GT, I'd assume it might be best to try and bring as much Terminator stuff over as I could, but if it was based off a 99 Cobra, I'd figure you'd be very similar to my 98 Cobra, where it's perhaps just a chip/tune and perhaps a sensor or two. It'd almost be slightly easier, as the 98 was the last of the throttle cable with the 99 converting to drive by wire, returnless, and a whole host of other things that aren't relevant.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
And so, in this stupid thread containing these 200 some-odd posts, I got to go on the trip of a lifetime, I met a great bunch of people, broke a lot of stuff, and learned even more to prove that at least to myself, with not too much more than a little luck, some tools, and some help, just about anyone can build a semi-competitive race car. No two stories are going to be the same, but this was one of them, and sure, with a bias, I thought it was a great one...but who is to say?

If you ever find yourself asking why, perhaps try to turn it around and instead ask yourself why not.
Hey Patrick,

I was looking yesterday through my over 1260 photos of my car and was amazing to thing how much happen since 2019 when I first bought the car and took it to a race track. Did it sink a lot of money sure but is better than booze, girls and drungs that's for sure. And after 500 laps 3 trophies and lot's of mods I still feel that I have so much more that I could do with a Mustang and my money. I could meet new people, follow new roads and perhaps win even more trophies during the 2023 season. I'm so happy that you are feeling better and that you already have the next Mustang. I know that the first one is the most important but let's be fair the Stripper was not your first Mustang. It's time to build a new beast of a car maybe this time turn it even faster with all you learned from the previous one. I'm sure it will be faster. And the next time when you put your helmet on and sit into that new beast of the car on whatever track it's first outing will be I'm sure you will forget everything and Run like hell as we always do when in that situation. Because even if we are not professionals we are still racing drivers and that's all that matter. I wish you that Nationals Championship as I'm sure you can win it. And I'm looking forward to read all about you winning it the coming year as the world love such stories. And I do love your story so far.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
PaddyPrix
Thanks for the information. I'll take that and keep digging. I think my friend is in a spot because access to the original car is probably unlikely. This is defiantly not like the old days of upgrading an engine. Lots of electronics including the PATS anti-theft system. One of the guys that made a similar swap said PATS can keep the fuel pump and/or the ignition turned off in some cases. He moved both engine bay harnesses, the engine harness, the ECU, gauge pack and maybe somethings I'm forgetting. Thanks again.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Patrick,
Your story was incredibly inspiring and makes me think back decades when I was young and wasted many opportunities to do great things. Later on, I chose a different path and have been taking care of folks older than I am to make up for the who-gives-a-shit attitude that defined someone not happy with who looked back from the mirror.
Nobody can ever tell you that you didn't give 100%.
Not knowing you and only reading this thread from the begnning, I will guess you are in your late 30s.
I look forward to reading more of your exploits in the future. Your lessons have helped many present and future racers. God bless.
Sponsored