The Albuquerque School Bus crash due to S550 street racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This happened in Feb 2022, but is making the rounds again in the news today because the School Bus interior cams were released showing the moment of impact. An S550 street racing collides with and flips the full size school bus on its side….injuring students on the bus. Reports were the S550 driver was traveling at least 100mph and was racing another Mustang.

Original news release w/pics:
https://www.abqjournal.com/2472995/students-injured-after-school-bus-rollover-in-sw-abq.html

Follow up release of S550 driver’s charges (and he was 49!!!) and they were still looking for the other driver who fled as well:
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...d-in-albuquerque-school-bus-crash-identified/

Newly released video today of interior bus cam (*Warning, the content of the news video could be too much for some audiences):
https://www.koat.com/article/students-hospital-school-bus-rollover-crash-albuquerque/39195946

I know some of M6G members post and partake in the BS street racing or “roll racing”… hopefully this was NOT the act of a foolish M6G member…. C’mon, 49 years old and driving like a complete ignorant lunatic on public roads with no regard for the safety of others, and during peak hours??? Take it to the track already….
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
That's insane. He drove directly into the side of the bus. Every member should watch that video. Those kids are lucky to be alive. They will be having ptsd from that for sure. Especially the seriously injured ones. My 17yr old was a passenger in a much less minor accident recently and he's been nervous and tense as hell in the car lately.

Screenshot_20220426-004401_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220426-004304_Chrome.jpg

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I’m 45 and the 350 brings out my inner 18 year old. Not making excuses for the guy, but it’s easy to have a lapse in judgment when driving these toys.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Unfortunately insurance rates are going to skyrocket for these vehicles and the horsepower wars will come to an abrupt end due to these fools out on the street!

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
@PaddyPrix

The Albuquerque stripper keeps it on track. I’d suggest we all do as well. It’s hard at times, I know.
Glad to see nobody was killed or severely injured. I’m teaching my 14yr old daughter to drive right now, other drivers are what I fear the most for her.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The worst part is they could have driven 15 minutes in any direction and been out in the open desert roads where you can see for miles if anyone or anything is approaching from any direction and the only ones who would have been in danger of any sort would have been the drivers. To be clear i am not advocating that, but just saying it would have been real easy to vastly reduce risk.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Dude was doing 110MPH + on secondary roads. Not even on the freeway.

Have I driven fast? Sure, but I've taken great pains as to picking the where & when, to not endanger anyone.

110MPH in a 40MPH zone? Ridiculous. Utterly stupid.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You need to chill out dude. No one died and appointed you El Presidente here.

If others want to rail on the dude, that's their business, not yours. No one GAF about what you do or do not find "pathetic".

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
"It's lame". Spoken like someone that still worries about what other people think.

You can spend the rest of your life and every last dollar desperately trying to be "cool" in your own head there Fonzie. The rest of us adults will continue with this discussion, If you don't mine.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Unfortunately insurance rates are going to skyrocket for these vehicles and the horsepower wars will come to an abrupt end due to these fools out on the street!
I wouldn't worry to much about that, this has been happening for decades and it hasn't stopped car makers yet.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Dude was doing 110MPH + on secondary roads. Not even on the freeway.

Have I driven fast? Sure, but I've taken great pains as to picking the where & when, to not endanger anyone.

110MPH in a 40MPH zone? Ridiculous. Utterly stupid.
It was a bad judgement call that he has to live with. I have done 110 in a 30, and 140 in a 45. before, I won't say that I never did. That was many years ago, when I had a Lightning. It was also late night on deserted roads with no cross streets, not at rush hour and right after school gets out. Big difference.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.