Sponsored

The 5-0 are getting faster

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
This isn't even close to the same country it was 30 years ago, nevermind 60 and neither are it's people.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:clap:Bring back the draft. Bring discipline, ethics, unity, ambition, responsiblity, teamwork and honor back to the average American household. I'll bet anyone on here 2 things would happen.
1) There would be riots because in this time there would be mass resistance to people giving anything of themselves.
2) Two to three years after the draft cycle starts, all this crazy stuff will die down.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mandatory military service, for all intent and purpose, would be analogous to the draft.
So I agree.
What I have noticed in a lot of cases, is that the people who seem to scream the loudest tend to contribute the least.

Last edited:

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Yeah, they totally need armored vehicles and full auto rifles to fight crime. The worst city in America on it's worst day still isn't Fallujah. The average criminal isn't running around with Soviet anti-tank weapons. IED's are not an everyday concern. There are zero cities where the police can't operate freely, because insurgents have taken over (unarmed protesters are not fucking ISIS).

The police of this country need to stop playing soldier. They need to stop treating their fellow citizens as an enemy force. They need to protect and serve the public, not their own interests. But most importantly, we all need to stop being ok with the way things have become. We need to be angry that the system that was built to protect people has become so twisted that weapons of war are being turned on our own citizens.

And in those incredibly rare instances where need more firepower to fight Jason Statham? Call the National Guard, that's why they exist. They are the only people with the training and discipline necessary to handle a combat scenario.

So yes, take away their toys. Man, I really wish a respected military/political figure had warned us about this kind of shit 60 years ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you about military vehicles, such as armored tanks/cars, M72's, 50 caliber machine guns and other weapons the military deems unnecessary or obsolete. It's when the critters are carrying weapons that have AP and or KTW rounds along with their own full auto weapons, use them against the police...sure they could call the National Guard and wait for an hour for them to mobilize while the critters kill more people. In a lethal tactical situation, you respond quickly to bring the situation under control.
I fully agree you that there needs to be police reform in the USA along with the Justice System. Why do we need privatized prisons, where the corporations that own them are making Billions of dollars per year keeping them full.
The younger generation today are brought up with no boundaries, respect or consequences for their actions, and that all starts at home. I have friends that are police officers, and not knowing if you are going to walk through the front door or be coming home in a body bag tonight is on their minds, because some critter has ambushed you, drawn you into a trap, or just doesn't really care if you live or die...unfortunately the world has changed over the last 70 years, and so have the people. I failed children by not really paying attention to who I put in office, and the real unfortunate part is, our kids aren't the ones that are going to have to put things right again, it's their kids.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I'm glad you agree, compulsory service is a very different concept. No matter what the state of affairs is in the world, you enlist, serve a specific time period, then leave. A draft is essentially a lottery. They call a chunk of draft numbers numbers, and those people are pressed into service (usually) for the duration of the conflict. A draft implies that we are at war, and that additional manpower is needed for combat deployment.

To put things in perspective, here's some draft numbers for two conflicts:

WW2 - pool of 50 million, with 10 million drafted
Vietnam - pool of 27 million, with 2.2 million drafted

Compulsory service would pull far more people into service, with constantly rolling enlistment/deactivation. In 2017, there were 30 million 18-24 year-old's in the US. That's almost triple the number (12 million total by the war's end) that served in WW2. There's not enough combat work for that many people, unless we plan on conquering the world. As I said before, the vast majority of enlistees will be likely be working domestically. There's under 200,000 troops deployed outside
The aforementioned police chief caught hell for that Hellcat purchase (pun intended), and apparently was expected to return the money. Why would you want to drive one of these poorly handling things when you could have a GT or better?

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/feds-order-georgia-sheriff-to-return-69g-spent-on-hellcat-muscle-car
Because A) Its a Challenger. B) It has more room than a Mustang. C) It's more comfortable than a Mustang.
D) At the time of purchase it was faster than any Mustang.

I love my car and it handles excellent, but there are times that I honestly would rather drive my wife's challenger for many of the reasons above.
I could also name a bunch of reasons why I'd rather drive my mustang. For instance, how the mustang is able to bring the driver and the car together in a connected fashion is something the challenger could never do.

Last edited:

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Re the sheriff who bought a Hellcat, "U.S. Department of Justice has asked the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office to pay back $69,258 that it received from a federal program that distributes seized drug money to law enforcement agencies, which was used to buy the 707 hp Dodge Charger Hellcat in May." https://www.foxnews.com/auto/feds-order-georgia-sheriff-to-return-69g-spent-on-hellcat-muscle-car. So his joy ride was limited.
Mhm, sucks though because that's only 1 guy out of the many here in GA. I've seen police in teslas, SS Camaros, mustangs, hellcats etc. About a month ago when they were doing construction, the officer that was directing traffic was in a lowered blacked out, widebodied hellcat sitting on demon styled wheels, blue and reds flashing all over that car. It's gotten ridiculous honestly.

Sponsored

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Maybe I'm getting old...Oh, I am old being in my mid 70's, but I just don't find any enjoyment going two times the posted speed limit like I did decades ago, maybe because there weren't young unexperienced drivers with 700/800hp that have no idea how to get out of trouble when they get sideways, loose traction, or just get out of shape. If I want to go fast in a straight line I go to the drag strip, or if I want to twist corners I'll find a track day at some road course, but it just doesn't make any sense to me anymore. Now with that said, I believe the police should all have stealthy fast cars to drive on the highways, maybe not around the towns, but on the open road I believe it's the only way to rid the highway of these unsafe people driving ridiculously fast cars. I'd just once, like to take on some young guy in a 700hp and race him around Thunderhill, CA, or Laguna Seca, or Sears Point...Oh, we'll disable the traction control devices and just run normal street tires and see who gets to the finish line first, a 460hp car or 700hp car. Sure, I haven't had my National Competition SCCA license for over a decade, but as the old song goes, "I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was".

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Like others that have posted CHIPs and other depts, I grew up with these in the 90’s. AND if you got pulled over by one where I was from you’re getting ticketed lol.

268B76F6-6366-4FC7-8675-5E643A699E3F.jpeg

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
We are car lovers so lets do some math.
So you you are buying a car. Your route to work everyday depends on it making it. If something goes wrong on your route, it could be a life or death situation. Brand A car has a 1 in 35 chance of leaving you stranded. Brand B has a 1 in 15 chance of leaving you stranded. Which car are you most likely to buy and which one would cause you more fear?

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
In 1983 or 84, I was doing some work at one of the La. State Police district offices & there was an '83PI there. One of the inmates working there on work release with me took the S/N off of the car & called Ford about the car, wanting to know the specs. Ford declined his request. Back then, I suppose the PI's didn't need much horsepower as the cars made in that era didn't have much from the factory.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Mhm, sucks though because that's only 1 guy out of the many here in GA. I've seen police in teslas, SS Camaros, mustangs, hellcats etc. About a month ago when they were doing construction, the officer that was directing traffic was in a lowered blacked out, widebodied hellcat sitting on demon styled wheels, blue and reds flashing all over that car. It's gotten ridiculous honestly.
A lot of specialty cop cars you see outfitted with lights etc etc etc, that vehicle was probably or more than likely seized from your local drug dealer.
Sponsored