The 2nd Day of the Track Attack

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
It's only Drum.... we can hijack his thread AMAP. :D

Much of their focus is on the new Ford GT nowadays anyway.... Jim mentioned to our small group in the Ford Skybox that the application will be open to 23 countries for only 250 units! :gossip:

He mentioned that even VIPs (such as Jay Leno) will have to fill out the app. I personally think that for high-profile VIPs, that's "just merely" for formalities sake. Talk about a needle in a haystack... this is more like finding OJ Simpson's single hair follicle in the entire State of CA. :D

Back to our regular programming... :p
Sponsored

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just got back last night from Sunday's Track Attack. I don't know if I would have done it (the second day) or not looking back on it. I think, and a few others said the same, if it was in the GT350 yes. There is more to learn for sure but you also would be starting the next day in a different car on a much different tire than a stock GT350 on street tires.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just got back last night from Sunday's Track Attack. I don't know if I would have done it (the second day) or not looking back on it. I think, and a few others said the same, if it was in the GT350 yes. There is more to learn for sure but you also would be starting the next day in a different car on a much different tire than a stock GT350 on street tires.
Did you do the GT or the Boss?

I did the Boss, and yes, the racing slicks took a bit getting used to. I was hesitant on the beginning of day two. I was thinking, "great, learn a new car".... As much fun as I had in the 350 the day before, I really enjoyed the Boss on day two.

If you've never driven on slicks before, they grab once warmed up. However they are not as forgiving as the 350 was. The slicks would reach a point of maximum friction, and that was about it, they would let go. Part of the fun of learning the Boss was learning where that point was. I wish I could have stayed a third or fourth day by the time I really got to know the Boss 302 FRS.

Its a little more $$, but IMHO, it was worth the extra expense.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Key difference between MPSS and racing slicks plus even the Cup 2's or any other quality R-compounds- the MPSS "talks or shouts back" to you... via screechin' until threshold.

The Cup 2's don't do much of that- they grip, they glue, they bite... and then voila! Spin out! Been there, done that. :D

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
that's one of the reasons I did it, and digged it. It's a school...so doing the second day in a different car, on different tires, on a different track is perfect. I drove the 302 FRS and it's a blast. It also helped that we were out there with some very nice and seriously quick cats on day 2.
I stayed for day 2 in the fr500s when I did the boss TA as well...same reason...but I'm also a big fan of schools and driving very different cars to help learn. I hadn't been on a road course in two years for that reason...all my seat time in the last two years has been in rally cars.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Absolutely worth it. Trade up to the boss 302 race prepped car. I don't regret it.
Yeah, to be clear, I was talking about the Boss for the second day. The GT would just be disappointing as it's a standard car (and slower than the GT350). The Boss is a whole other beast on slicks.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Yeah, to be clear, I was talking about the Boss for the second day. The GT would just be disappointing as it's a standard car (and slower than the GT350). The Boss is a whole other beast on slicks.

oh, hey...there's one of those quick cats to whom I was referring. ;-)
Sponsored