That Convertible rear glass thing is happening but it's more severe

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I've read the threads about hitting your rear quarter glass window with some silicone lube to get to close all the way but mine is a bit more severe. It will only go up 2/3rds and leave a pretty large gap not just that little bit extra. Ending up using my Track wrap so my lovely 2020 GT vert has touch of Hooptie now. ;|
I've hear things like this may need a ECU flash to get the motor timing to work? The dealer says it's motor timing issue but I have to take out my rollbar which I'm okay with once Track season is over. Anyone else have something this much off?? Note you can see the edge of the window under the wrap, it's like 3" plus open at the top.

bad glass window.jpg
Sponsored

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I rented a convertible that did this. I just (carefully) manually pulled the window into place so it would seal.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
I rented a convertible that did this. I just (carefully) manually pulled the window into place so it would seal.
You can understand, hope since its my baby that isn’t a final solution. Ford gotta do better than that.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You can understand, hope since its my baby that isn’t a final solution. Ford gotta do better than that.
Agreed, I just wanted let you know that you can set it back in place without breaking anything.

S550_Tips

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost premium convertible
I've read the threads about hitting your rear quarter glass window with some silicone lube to get to close all the way but mine is a bit more severe. It will only go up 2/3rds and leave a pretty large gap not just that little bit extra. Ending up using my Track wrap so my lovely 2020 GT vert has touch of Hooptie now. ;|
I've hear things like this may need a ECU flash to get the motor timing to work? The dealer says it's motor timing issue but I have to take out my rollbar which I'm okay with once Track season is over. Anyone else have something this much off?? Note you can see the edge of the window under the wrap, it's like 3" plus open at the top.

bad glass window.jpg

bad glass window.jpg
Lubricating with silicone (or sunscreen, chapstick, deodorant stick) is an unnecessary step. I posted a YT video to help properly operate the top to close it. Now, if this tip doesn’t help, then you’ll need a rear window alignment/adjustment. YT links below.
Closing the gap
Adjusting rear window alignment

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
funny thing about this after the dealers blah blah blah, I hopped in a week later hit the button and the windows went up no problem. Been working ever since.
Sponsored