Thank you Hellion

Bullitt69

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
noshine, sorry to hear about your engine failure. I know exactly what your going through.

It happened to me last year, I had the Sleeper kit installed on a 19 Bullitt and 350 miles later it threw a timing chain. Disappointment isn't a word to describe it, it was a devastating blow to my psyche, what a let down, I know exactly how you feel.

In my case I think it may have been improper installation of the oil pump gears, the shop I used had a heck of a time finding a tool to pull parts of an 18+ so I'm inclined to believe something got messed up with the harmonic balancer in the process or it was simply a bad set of OPG's - who knows.

The simple fact is this hobby, while exhilarating, is also expensive and heartbreaking sometimes.
I purchased a MMR 1000 longblock and the car's in process of being put back together as I write this. I sure hope I have better luck this time, and I wish the same for you.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
noshine, sorry to hear about your engine failure. I know exactly what your going through.

It happened to me last year, I had the Sleeper kit installed on a 19 Bullitt and 350 miles later it threw a timing chain. Disappointment isn't a word to describe it, it was a devastating blow to my psyche, what a let down, I know exactly how you feel.

In my case I think it may have been improper installation of the oil pump gears, the shop I used had a heck of a time finding a tool to pull parts of an 18+ so I'm inclined to believe something got messed up with the harmonic balancer in the process or it was simply a bad set of OPG's - who knows.

The simple fact is this hobby, while exhilarating, is also expensive and heartbreaking sometimes.
I purchased a MMR 1000 longblock and the car's in process of being put back together as I write this. I sure hope I have better luck this time, and I wish the same for you.
Your belief is most likely spot on. Finding the right person to do the job is a job in itself.

Advertisement

100 - Vargas Turbo - 1
Advertisement