tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
After the IRS bushings, but before an alignment, I installed the BMR Toe-Links (TR005). This is a very easy install.

I drove around after these and heard some clunks... I put the car back up and re-tightened the 22mm end bolts LIKE REALLY TIGHT and the sounds are gone.

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Sounds aren't gone, lots of clunks in the rear end during low speed turning. hmmm

subsist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
Awesome looking ride. I want the same color for my car. Hopefully next spring I will have it!

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Wow, taking the entire IRS out. You sir, are VERY brave.

Beautiful car by the way.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Sounds aren't gone, lots of clunks in the rear end during low speed turning. hmmm
Have you re-checked the jam nuts?

I usually recommend putting some blue loc tite on the jam nuts on most suspension components. If you find they're lose, put some loc tite on it. :thumbsup:

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Im in SE Michigan with a Oxford White with PP. I want to do tinting. Where did you have yours done and assume your happy with it?

How is it having the windshield tinted?

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Im in SE Michigan with a Oxford White with PP. I want to do tinting. Where did you have yours done and assume your happy with it?

How is it having the windshield tinted?
Sunshade did my tinting. They cost more but do the BEST job. http://www.sunshadeintroy.com

I have mixed feelings about the tinted windshield. Looks awesome, helps with glare and it isn't so dark that cops mind.... but it's hard to get clean.

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Have you re-checked the jam nuts?

I usually recommend putting some blue loc tite on the jam nuts on most suspension components. If you find they're lose, put some loc tite on it. :thumbsup:
I've had the car up and everything apart over and over and over and OVER AGAIN to try and find the source of these clunk sounds that developed after installing the BMR toe-links and cradle bushings. Still no luck. :frusty:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I've had the car up and everything apart over and over and over and OVER AGAIN to try and find the source of these clunk sounds that developed after installing the BMR toe-links and cradle bushings. Still no luck. :frusty:
If all of the bolts are tight, and the bearings on the TR005 do not have excessive slop, then the clunk is more than likely from the moving / rotating parts attached to the cradle, like the halfshafts, driveshaft, and pinion assembly.

The Cradle bushings absolutely, positively, will not / cannot clunk. So, if you want to do a quick test - you could remove the TR005 and throw the OEM Toe Links on, just to try out process of elimination.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Did you torque them with the suspension compressed or up in the air?

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Did you torque them with the suspension compressed or up in the air?
Torqued the cradle bolts with the car on ramps. SO suspension compressed.

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
If all of the bolts are tight, and the bearings on the TR005 do not have excessive slop, then the clunk is more than likely from the moving / rotating parts attached to the cradle, like the halfshafts, driveshaft, and pinion assembly.

The Cradle bushings absolutely, positively, will not / cannot clunk. So, if you want to do a quick test - you could remove the TR005 and throw the OEM Toe Links on, just to try out process of elimination.
That's the next test for me to do: stock toe-links back on. I'll let you know Kelly

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
you could remove the TR005 and throw the OEM Toe Links on, just to try out process of elimination.
Before removing the BMR toe links I tried one more thing. I re-locktighted the inboard bolts on the Toelinks and tightened them well beyond the 150ft/lbs that is the max of my torque wrench. I used floor jacks to tighten these bastards as tight as possible then waited 3 hours to drive the car hoping the lock tight would dry.

Last night I drove up and down Woodward with some detours on I696 for an hour and did not hear the Noise in question. :)

Then the next day I drove the car and that noise is back. I have no idea what the source of this sound is.
Sponsored

Last edited: