tevaburns Magnetic GT/PP - VADER

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
Can't agree more with everyone else - its really nice to see when someone else has a nice car and able to take high quality pics of it to really "show it off"!
Sponsored

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey teva, outa curiosity what camera/lens are you using for your pictures? Can't agree enough with what everyone else is saying. These are fantastic!
Gosh guys, thanks.

Those pics were all taken with a Canon 5D mark 3 and the following lenses: 24mm L TS-E II, 35mm L f/1.4, 50mm L f/1.2, 85mm L f/1.2 II

I make my living taking wedding photos.

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I did a couple things to the car today.

First up was installing Steeda's Diff Bushing inserts. I ordered the full kit with Red (soft) Black (medium) and Aluminum (hard) inserts. I decided to install the Black ones today. This is not a terrible install but it took so much longer than I hoped. Sorry I only took picks of the rear.

Give yourself 3 hours to do this mod, and get blue thread locker. No big increase in NVH, maybe a faint mechanical whine of the diff when cruising on the highway with the windows up. Manual drive line slop is reduced further with these. SOLID MOD Buy these. Not sure I would ever need the Aluminum ones but I bet I could swap them in an hour now that I'm familiar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The other thing I did today was at Milan Raceway's test & Tune night.

12.99!! Not bad for my first try. Track was a cold 60degrees and I didn't try to shift as fast as possible.
I need drag radials. The car was spinning through most of 1st and 2nd even with a baby launch.
I had a blast, met some guys from this forum. I'm hooked and will be back next week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
One of my favorite things about my car is the Saddle Brown Leather seats. Getting THESE was the primary reason I had to order the car. There were a few GT-Prem-PP with all the options I wanted in Magnetic but all had the Ebony leather or Recaros. I'm glad I waited.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Love the Dark Saddle leather in the S550. Makes it look and feel really luxurious in the inside.

TheFrohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm downriver with a Ruby Red PP GT.

June 27th there is a cruise down here.
You should come check it out.... let me know if you do.
We fill up the Southgate Ford lot.. it's like Woodward but on a more manageable scale.

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
One of my favorite things about my car is the Saddle Brown Leather seats. Getting THESE was the primary reason I had to order the car. There were a few GT-Prem-PP with all the options I wanted in Magnetic but all had the Ebony leather or Recaros. I'm glad I waited.
That saddle interior looks great! I was on the fence for a while between Guard/Saddle, Magnetic/Saddle, Oxford White/Red Line, and Ruby Red/Red Line. Decided to go with Ruby Red and Red Line; special ordered and waited for a couple months. Worth the wait!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/album.php?albumid=422

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Whoa. You do have excellent taste. The car looks perfect.

The only thing I'd say ifs get some red valve covers to match the red exterior highlights.

But maybe that's going too far. Lol

The color, the blackouts, etc. very nice.

Trackguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, PP, Recaros
Wow ... nice looking ride. We have the same magnetic colour but I haven't started to do the black outs yet.

One suggestion, I didn't see it in your pics, is to go with the Gorilla black lug nuts instead of the stock chrome, which I did.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Great Production on the the Pics and videos, looks awesome and im envious, even of the saddle seats. If this site had a wallpapers section I think your pics could lead the way.

Now take a bad phone picture to make the rest of us feel a little better.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Ill also note I love the dark, liquid graphite look it has in this pic. Too bad when i see them in person they arnt as dark

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Last week I did IRS bushings and I'm Wheel Hop FREE. BMR's BK048 Delrin Cradle bushings (new version without metal sleeves). This job took me 4 hours, I took my time at it. Not too difficult. If I had the patience to wait for all the parts it's probably best to do this job at the same time as the diff inserts, vertical links, axles, etc.

It's not hard at all to drop the cradle with a jack after everything else in the way is removed or disconnected. When cutting out the stock bushings I found it impossible to not cut into the cradle metal a little. This pic shows the worst of it.

New Delrin Cradle bushings tap in easily with a mallet. I did have to ask Kelly from BMR for help identifying which went where.

Getting the IRS back up into the car was maybe he hardest part of this job. I recommend having a friend help guide each side and keep it level while you work the jack.

I never owned either of the IRS bushing support kits popular on this forum so I can't compare this solution to those. I can tell you the car's tail is no longer wandering. Control under power while turning is so different from before all these mods. The dynamics of driving the car sportily are very satisfying now. I was really disappointed with how sloppy the IRS was on a stock-PP GT. Wheel hop was lessened significantly with the DSS axles, Steeda vertical links and Steeda diff bushing inserts. What little remaining wheel hop was left is now gone.

Any cons? Well, this is obviously a permanent mod. If I want to go back to stock I'll have to buy a new cradle from ford. What about NVH?

- Noise: a slight mechanical whine at highway cruising with windows up 1/10 nbd, I bet its the combination of the Diff-bushing-inserts and these IRS cradle bushings... you can't here it windows down or over my exhaust :)

- Vibration & Harshness: no noticeable increase over a lowered-PP-GT

I went this route because I plan to have this car, as a toy, for the rest of my life.... and honestly the support solutions seem silly. You just can't take all the movement out of this thing without replacing the bushings.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome! Yeah, the Delrin bushing kit (BK048) really is the best route to go...but I can completely understand people not wanting to do it, and just go for the support kits.

I am very happy to see your feedback good sir! You have been a pleasure to work with as well, and I hope you enjoy your car with the new mods! Keep up the great work, I really like this thread. ;)
Sponsored