OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I just got an offer from Vroom, $85,000 for a base 2020 GT500 Oxford White with Tech Package. They got back to me in less than 4 hours.

Here's more to know about this price.

It's good for 7 days or 250 additional miles.
The price is based on data from thousands of similar market transactions, as well as the vehicle information you provided.*

You must click "Continue" to verify your information and upload necessary documents within the 7-day / 250 mile time frame. You will need pictures of your photo ID, registration and title, where applicable.

*Vroom may modify or withdraw this price if the information you provided is inaccurate or if there is a significant present or prospective change in the used vehicle market beyond Vroom's control. Other terms and restrictions apply.
They must like you better. I got an email almost immediately saying sit tight, your offer should be arriving with in 24 hours. I’ll go by one of their locations later with the car.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Earl: WTFO? Are you looking for a '21 or '22 as well? Despite the hour, your post surprised the heck out of me.
KB: Not planning to sell, but I was curious to see what they would offer. Their offer would have recovered the money I spent to buy the car. The thing that bothered me was they want me to send them copies of all the documents and then hand over the pink slip to the driver when he comes to pick up the car and then they will send me a check 2 days later. Chances are that they would find some reason say the car was not worth what they offered and if I didn't accept the new offer I could come pick up the car in Texas or wherever else the car was now located.

After reading this review, I wouldn't take the chance if I was going to sell the car.

Is Vroom Legit?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Not planning to sell but I did want to find out what is up with all of this Vroom hype. 2020 GT500 Handling Package, Elect Package, black roof, stripes. 1700 miles, their offer was 88k. Not bad at all but they will turn around and mark it up to 95k.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in Houston where they started as Texas Direct Auto. I’ve sold several cars to them when they were Texas Direct Auto and had zero issues and they were above average on offer price.
KB: Not planning to sell, but I was curious to see what they would offer. Their offer would have recovered the money I spent to buy the car. The thing that bothered me was they want me to send them copies of all the documents and then hand over the pink slip to the driver when he comes to pick up the car and then they will send me a check 2 days later. Chances are that they would find some reason say the car was not worth what they offered and if I didn't accept the new offer I could come pick up the car in Texas or wherever else the car was now located.

After reading this review, I wouldn't take the chance if I was going to sell the car.

Is Vroom Legit?

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I’m in Houston where they started as Texas Direct Auto. I’ve sold several cars to them when they were Texas Direct Auto and had zero issues and they were above average on offer price.
It looks like their headquarters are in NY and the shipping is in Texas. If I lived in Houston I would have no problem dealing with them locally, but I am in CA.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Roger, Earl, I hoped as much. And as for "the deal," there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell I would duit it, either.

I wonder how many people check in with these folks just to see what they could get? Probably more than I think.

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelby’s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
In Ga you pay no tax if your trade is more or the same as the new car. On a $89K trade thats over $6K in taxes. So a sell at $89K . Reducing your actual money towards a new car to $83K. If you are flipping cars you have to trade or the taxes eat up your profits big time in this market we are in. I’ve traded 2 C8’s ( bought at msrp ) for two 2020 Shelby’s. Came out way ahead.
Two recent sales of 2020 Shelbys were for sticker because the cars were sitting for 90 days. The market might be changing. The last 2021 Shelby I bought was at $3K over sticker in the hot Atlanta market. 6 months ago the markup was $15K. Two Northern dealerships I talked with are only interested in buying used Shelby’s below sticker. I also see listings on C8’s are starting to be reduced on cars.com. Looks like the party is starting to end.
Maybe we can get back to normal soon. The sooner the better IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same in TX.
In Ga you pay no tax if your trade is more or the same as the new car. On a $89K trade thats over $6K in taxes. So a sell at $89K . Reducing your actual money towards a new car to $83K. If you are flipping cars you have to trade or the taxes eat up your profits big time in this market we are in. I’ve traded 2 C8’s ( bought at msrp ) for two 2020 Shelby’s. Came out way ahead.
Two recent sales of 2020 Shelbys were for sticker because the cars were sitting for 90 days. The market might be changing. The last 2021 Shelby I bought was at $3K over sticker in the hot Atlanta market. 6 months ago the markup was $15K. Two Northern dealerships I talked with are only interested in buying used Shelby’s below sticker. I also see listings on C8’s are starting to be reduced on cars.com. Looks like the party is starting to end.
Maybe we can get back to normal soon. The sooner the better IMO.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
My son sold his F150 Platinum FX4 he bought 5 months ago for $9,000 more than he paid. I am tempted to sell the GT500 and get a 2021 (likely a 2022) carbon fiber handling pack car at MSPR from my tried and true dealership. The dealership is checking on their allocation now and will let me know tomorrow.

I know I will have to wait, but that is not a problem. I waited for the 2020. I can wait for a 2021 or 2022.

If I can get what I want for the car it will just about pay for the CFHP car (I am thinking $88,000+). If the offer comes back where I want it and the dealership says the next one is yours, I will likely do it.

I had a dealership offer me $30,000 for my Ranger that I paid $26,000 for in February.

The used car market is nuts right now.
Sounds like you are lucky to have a dealer like you describe. After you get your confirmation would appreciate knowing who they are. Can't find any comparable positive dealer here in the Northeast - just gougers. Just saw your post after getting back from Amelia Island Concours where I wasd lucky enough to have displayed my 1965 GT350 #028.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you are lucky to have a dealer like you describe. After you get your confirmation would appreciate knowing who they are. Can't find any comparable positive dealer here in the Northeast - just gougers. Just saw your post after getting back from Amelia Island Concours where I wasd lucky enough to have displayed my 1965 GT350 #028.
I’ve bought a 2017 GT350 and a base 2020 GT500 from them. Looks like I maybe buying a 2022 CFHP from them unless like last year, they get another 2021 allocation. I’m very close to getting the number for the 2020.
Sell it for $10,000 more than I paid just 6 months ago. I cannot pass up that deal. We are about $1,000 apart right now.

Not paying ADM helps a lot in this process.

Last edited:

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
My son sold his F150 Platinum FX4 he bought 5 months ago for $9,000 more than he paid. I am tempted to sell the GT500 and get a 2021 (likely a 2022) carbon fiber handling pack car at MSPR from my tried and true dealership. The dealership is checking on their allocation now and will let me know tomorrow.

I know I will have to wait, but that is not a problem. I waited for the 2020. I can wait for a 2021 or 2022.

If I can get what I want for the car it will just about pay for the CFHP car (I am thinking $88,000+). If the offer comes back where I want it and the dealership says the next one is yours, I will likely do it.

I had a dealership offer me $30,000 for my Ranger that I paid $26,000 for in February.

The used car market is nuts right now.
car max bought my gt 500 for 88k/ thats more than i paid for it in feb 21

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
I just got an offer from Vroom, $85,000 for a base 2020 GT500 Oxford White with Tech Package. They got back to me in less than 4 hours.

Here's more to know about this price.

It's good for 7 days or 250 additional miles.
The price is based on data from thousands of similar market transactions, as well as the vehicle information you provided.*

You must click "Continue" to verify your information and upload necessary documents within the 7-day / 250 mile time frame. You will need pictures of your photo ID, registration and title, where applicable.

*Vroom may modify or withdraw this price if the information you provided is inaccurate or if there is a significant present or prospective change in the used vehicle market beyond Vroom's control. Other terms and restrictions apply.
I also got an offer from VROOM for $85,000. 2020 Base, rapid red, with only 300 miles on it.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also got an offer from VROOM for $85,000. 2020 Base, rapid red, with only 300 miles on it.
They offered the same for mine finally. Give me the VIN was the ticket and as of tomorrow she will be in the hands of another and I go back on the waiting list. LOL. I never thought I would flip the car but to sell for a good profit and get a factory carbon wheel car, just too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
They offered the same for mine finally. Give me the VIN was the ticket and as of tomorrow she will be in the hands of another and I go back on the waiting list. LOL. I never thought I would flip the car but to sell for a good profit and get a factory carbon wheel car, just too good to pass up.
Congrats. What color?
Sponsored