Sponsored

Tested a PP GT, loved the car, but I don't think I can pull the trigger, here's why..

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
+1 I refused to buy another Mustang until MFT was added. People need to go use a Mercedes Infotainment system....you will bow down to MFT after lol

Sadly people expect it to be an Ipad. Maybe ford should cut 100 hp off each model by cutting performance costs and reallocate those funds to making everybody's Android/Ipad system...
The Caddy cue is an abortion of a system, horrible. Lexus has the mouse type thing that is a real pia to get used to. I have zero experience with the MFT, but i'm super glad to see they actually included knobs for volume and tuning. My Toyota entune system is pretty sweet, easy to use, and easy to sync.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I do most of my work with the buttons on the steering wheel in my wife's Fusion or simply voice commands. I RARELY have to use the touch screen as i hate cleaning finger printss off. With that said, I did buy one of those over-lays to go on the creen to cut-down on glare and finger prints

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
ive maybe used the radio in my boss less than the fingers on my hand....i like the sound of the engine instead of the radio....also most of the time i dont use my phone while driving....illegal here in MD...yes i can get hands free device but i choose not to use it.. sometimes is the only peace you might get....
but i still wouldnt base buying a car or not just on the MFT and thats it...it would have to have other issues also...like maybe the actual driving part...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The Caddy cue is an abortion of a system, horrible. Lexus has the mouse type thing that is a real pia to get used to. I have zero experience with the MFT, but i'm super glad to see they actually included knobs for volume and tuning. My Toyota entune system is pretty sweet, easy to use, and easy to sync.
If you have no experience with MFT, there is an app available for both Android and iOS that simulates the MFT screen to let you learn how to do various things with it.

Sponsored

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
If we had refrigerated kegs instead of back seats and taps on the dash, that would be a lot safer than digging around in a cooler while driving around hammered.

We probably ought to start a sticky for all of these safety ideas.
:thumbsup:

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Do you wear a tinfoil hat, too? ;)

If you have a smartphone, they can already track most of that, anyways. And I at least trust Google with that information more than MS, Apple, or just about any other major private or public organization, anyways.

Personally, unsubstantiated fear of conspiracy isn't going to stop me from adopting clearly superior technology.
I trust Apple more than Google. Apple sells me iPhones. Google pimps me for profit.

It isn't conspiracy theory crap. It is just that I don't need to give Google any more information than they have already. They were eerily accurate at predicting where I would be on any given night of the week. I was happy to retire my Nexus 5 for the iPhone 6 and that was a big factor.

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
I trust Apple more than Google. Apple sells me iPhones. Google pimps me for profit.
Trust Apple more than Google? Really? Hahaha Just make sure you get all of those nude pics off of your phone! Bahahaha... :lol:

Tried a several Apple/iPhone products and returned them. Android and Windows is so much better than that outdated garbage!

Never again!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Trust Apple more than Google? Really? Hahaha Just make sure you get all of those nude pics off of your phone! Bahahaha... :lol:

However, Apple earlier this week said that after a 40-hour investigation, the company concluded that there was no breach of its data servers. The company has said it discovered a number of celebrity accounts were compromised by targeted attacks, using methods like phishing or correctly answering security questions to obtain their passwords.

Yah, that was Apple's fault that dumb celebrities used easy to hack passwords. Do you want to look up the amount of malware on Windows and Googles phones/tablets and devices?

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Hey OP, just my two copper coins but I get where you're coming from. Have you considered going aftermarket? I'm one of those guys who LOVES a great system in the car, but if the MFT doesn't blow my skirt up I'm not opposed to seeing what Pioneer, Alpine, etc are offering. Sure, we all have to wait awhile for the kits and wiring harnesses from the pros but man oh man, having the driving machine with the gadgets a man wants and needs is worth it. I think if we wait for Ford to give us the perfect head unit, we'll STILL be disappointed. Aftermarket, man -- it's gotta be the answer!

-SeventhWard

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

It isn't conspiracy theory crap. It is just that I don't need to give Google any more information than they have already. They were eerily accurate at predicting where I would be on any given night of the week. I was happy to retire my Nexus 5 for the iPhone 6 and that was a big factor.
They have to make money somehow... And selling non-intrusive advertising (and anonymized data) is a far better way to make it than selling overpriced, limited-functionality software. Google builds free and open source applications on top of free and open source platforms, and they are [usually] pretty transparent about how their advertising actually works. And hell, targeted ads and big data can actually benefit the consumer, too.

I'd rather have that along with the great connectivity, versatility, configurability, and intelligence of Google software than I would live in Apple's confined, proprietary, authoritarian, and ludicrously overpriced world. How can you trust them when they don't even trust you?

Your fear of google's ability to predict where you are sounds kind of conspiracy theory-esque to me... That ability is the result of amazing deep learning software and incredible software engineering that benefits both consumers and advertisers. That is the future. They're not doing it so they can tell the police where you stash your weed. Google is actually one of the biggest proponents of a free and open web, and one where consumers do not have to worry about organizations stealing your data and using it against you.

(And no, I don't work for Google. I'm no longer a fan of working for large companies. Too much bureaucracy... Plus, they probably wouldn't hire me, anyways. ;) )
Sponsored