Sponsored

Techniques for keeping exterior clean from rain and road film?

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP2 M6
So I am coming to regret going with shadow black because of how often I have to clean and detail my car. Does anyone have any techniques or product advise when it comes to rain and road film? The car is my DD, so I have no choice but to drive when it is raining or has rained. I have gotten in the routine of cleaning and detailing the car every 2 weeks or so, but with college and work, I am in search of a more simple solution.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I am coming to regret going with shadow black because of how often I have to clean and detail my car. Does anyone have any techniques or product advise when it comes to rain and road film? The car is my DD, so I have no choice but to drive when it is raining or has rained. I have gotten in the routine of cleaning and detailing the car every 2 weeks or so, but with college and work, I am in search of a more simple solution.
Choice #1. A ceramic coating or ceramic based detail spray.

Choice #2. Trade in your car for a different color.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The only thing I can recommend is a good spray detailer for after the rainy days. Spay on, wipe, buff lightly to shine.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Car pro cquartz 3.0, ech20 and reload mix for quick detailer. On days when just a little dust after a drive, California car duster lightly mopped over the whole vehicle and back to new again. I find black is therapeutic to me.
2E7C9460-513E-40C5-ADC6-12D2CC24345B.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As mentioned, a Ceramic coating is going to be the best option, although can be expensive / time consuming depending on if you have it professionally applied or done by yourself.

CarPro Reload is the another great option. This stuff has the ability to repel dirt and dust and give amazingly hydrophobic. Used on it's own, it gives about 4 months durability but is so easy to use that can be applied as much as you like. Use it on paint, glass and trims. After a wash, simply spray and wipe off. Done!

https://carpro.global/catalog/reload/

IMG-2807.jpg

Sponsored

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ceramic coating is the way to go. As noted above, I lightly use a California duster too when the car looks a little dusty after a drive. And I buy a ton of microfiber towels to always have ample supply in the garage and in the trunk when cruising too.
IMG_2530.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wife's truck is shadow black - and being one that tries to keep it clean, only thing I can recommend is to sell it...

But seriously - coatings, good wax and frequent detailer are your friends. Optimum No Rinse for the wash soap since black cars dry immediately if it's even slightly sunny out.
Sponsored