Technical difference of the Mach 1 vs GT

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
My 2019 GT was a premium non-PP car. The A10 clearly behaves very differently in my Mach than it did in the 2019. I also cannot confirm if the car actually received a redesigned torque converter or if it is merely tuned differently.

-I was referring to the 180⁰ engine thermostat. In my 2019, even with a mishimoto triple pass radiator, coolant Temps could reach 220⁰ under normal driving on a hot day. The mach tends to to sit around 190⁰ and touch 200 during aggressive driving. The mach also has front baffling which boxes in the front radiator. Read about the in-depth experimentation some guys have done with their GT's on the track. They've found radiator baffling to be one of the most important variables in managing engine Temps.
Yeah, I'm well aware of the cooling solutions, as I've been following those guys on this forum and another more track oriented forum for some time now. The best cooling isnt just throwing larger coolers, but also better airflow in AND out.

1. Larger cooler/radiator
2. Boxing the airflow in
3. Race louvers for the air out

If you look at Porsche, BMW, etc - they all use smaller coolers with very efficient air channeling into and out of the coolers. Same methodology with Brakes.

I have a 2018 A10 and my original trans also behaved differently than the warranty replacement I have now - I think the early A10's somehow are not as refined as the later models. I have driven 2021 A10's and they were very smooth, even smoother than my factory sealed replacement A10. My original was defective though, so I take that into consideration too.

I believe the solution for the radiator/engine thermostat would be to get an oil cooler or sandwhich plate with new thermostat set to 160-170F and tune car to turn on fans earlier.
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Trying not to go through everything with a fine tooth comb or be nit picky, but these things immediately jumped out and / or I have a genuine interest in finding out more :

Do we know what's actually different with the tow link ? Another (M1) forum user removed theirs, and couldn't find any difference between it, and one from a PP1 (including the toe link bearing - which is still rubber in the M1)

I know about the rear, but what about the front ?

Unless I'm missing something, unlike the rear, the front subframe (all models) bolts to the body solidly :

1706171241533.jpeg

So is the comment referring to other things that bolt to the subframe - engine mounts, front arms etc ?

Exhaust tips are M1 specific, attached to a GT muffler :like:

WD :like:
I emailed Ford Performance about the Mach 1 muffler " Mach 1 exhaust is unique to Mach 1. We actually sell it as an upgrade for GT/Bullitt owners on our site- https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-ACT1"

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yeah of course its unique, it has the Mach 1 specific tail pipes welded to the back of the muffler :like:

Just sharing what they told me.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yeah of course its unique, it has the Mach 1 specific tail pipes welded to the back of the muffler :like:

Per post #4 it shows the Shelby GT500 gave its exhaust tips to the Mach 1. But Shelby GT500 exhaust tips are 5" whereas Mach 1 tips are 4.5".

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Per post #4 it shows the Shelby GT500 gave its exhaust tips to the Mach 1. But Shelby GT500 exhaust tips are 5" whereas Mach 1 tips are 4.5".
Yes, the 500 tips look huge - it’s also got larger diameter pipe work under the car :like:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yes, the 500 tips look huge - it’s also got larger diameter pipe work under the car :like:

IMG-2725.jpg

2022-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-heritage-edition-back.jpg

I tried to match the rear view but you can look at the spacing in the rear valance.

mach1shelbyexhaust.png

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMG-2725.jpg

2022-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-heritage-edition-back.jpg

I tried to match the rear view but you can look at the spacing in the rear valance.

mach1shelbyexhaust.png
I like the cars / pictures :sunglasses:

But I’m not sure what you are trying to demonstrate ? :like:

Sponsored