Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That's not really true...
45% of the people here on this forum posted that they ordered the Tech Package compared to the 30% for Track Package.

Then another 15% went with the R + electronics package.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24224&highlight=Shelby+GT350+GT350R+Mustang+Orders

Many of those people ordered long before there was any knowledge of limp mode, I'd also be willing to bet there are several who "ordered" what they found at a dealer and available at the price point they were comfortable with.. since most dealers just loaded the car with the most expensive and most profitable options that only makes sense.
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Many of those people ordered long before there was any knowledge of limp mode, I'd also be willing to bet there are several who "ordered" what they found at a dealer and available at the price point they were comfortable with.. since most dealers just loaded the car with the most expensive and most profitable options that only makes sense.
Over 2,300 ordered by the dealer as Tech Pack, a little over 600 Track Packs ordered. My dealer wanted to order all Tech Pack allocations because they saw leather and nav, didn't think about the demographi. I'm the reason they changed one of those allocations to the track pack, wouldn't of accepted sofa seats personally.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Over 2,300 ordered by the dealer as Tech Pack, a little over 600 Track Packs ordered. My dealer wanted to order all Tech Pack allocations because they saw leather and nav, didn't think about the demographi. I'm the reason they changed one of those allocations to the track pack, wouldn't of accepted sofa seats personally.
Personally my only concern with the track pack was with the seat size. Luckily I pulled the trigger.. since then I've sat in and ridden in my buddies car and was able to move everything the way I wanted. The seats fit me like O.J's Isotoner's.. While not perfect and may not look like it, I fit. My plan if I did not was simply to remove the stock seats. Trick the airbags via resistors and install a set of recaro profi xl seats.. (which may end up happening anyway). :shrug:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Personally my only concern with the track pack was with the seat size. Luckily I pulled the trigger.. since then I've sat in and ridden in my buddies car and was able to move everything the way I wanted. The seats fit me like O.J's Isotoner's.. While not perfect and may not look like it, I fit. My plan if I did not was simply to remove the stock seats. Trick the airbags via resistors and install a set of recaro profi xl seats.. (which may end up happening anyway). :shrug:
Yeah one size fits all really doesn't fit all. If I really get into track days I will buy a custom seat. A seat that's comfortable enough for an everyday driver won't hold you in place like a purpose-built seat.

https://www.ultrashieldrace.com/

The tech seats will probably be fine though, especially once I have a harness in the car.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yeah one size fits all really doesn't fit all. If I really get into track days I will buy a custom seat. A seat that's comfortable enough for an everyday driver won't hold you in place like a purpose-built seat.

https://www.ultrashieldrace.com/

The tech seats will probably be fine though, especially once I have a harness in the car.
There has to be a compromise for me, for what few times I will track the car per year the halo is simply not something I want on the street. The good part about fitting tighter is I am less likely to move around in the seat than say a smaller person. The xl would be more for livability and will come if I decide the stock seats don't conform well enough after break-in. I may need to call Jenny.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The dealers know their local demographics, which is why they ordered many more Tech Package cars. And maybe you've never put your butt in the Tech Package seats. They're hardly sofa seats, do a good job of preventing lateral body movement on the street and are entirely adequate on the track with the shoulder belt locked down or a racing harness - unless you're in the top 2 percent of drivers going for a track record - in which case, the Track Package Recaros may not do the job For you anyway.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The real end all to the tech/track debacle will be when ford or someone else releases a cooling upgrade. The quality of components, complexity of install, effeciency, and price point may or may not make the tech setup the hidden gem.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There has to be a compromise for me, for what few times I will track the car per year the halo is simply not something I want on the street. The good part about fitting tighter is I am less likely to move around in the seat than say a smaller person. The xl would be more for livability and will come if I decide the stock seats don't conform well enough after break-in. I may need to call Jenny.
I don't know why anyone would run one on the street, except for maybe on the way to and from a track event. I'd just swap it in and then swap it back out the next day. The seat only takes 4 bolts and a couple electrical connections. I also wouldn't buy a halo - there are other options.
Sponsored