Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
  • Banned
Or just drive up to N.H. any day of the year.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/s...ales tax holiday for,be exempt from sales tax.

Retail items of up to $2,500, purchased in Massachusetts for personal use on these two days, will be exempt from sales tax.
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to cars, or most big purchases.

If that was the case, there would be 0 vehicle purchases the rest of the year and every single car transaction would happen on those 2 days. Can you imagine the insanity going on that weekend if everyone rushed over to buy their car?

Also, unless you're also registering the car in NH, you won't escape the MA tax. The day you go to the RMV to register your car in MA, they will either ask to see your tax payment receipt or ask for the money up front.

The tax man ain't dumb.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
  • Banned
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/sales-tax-holiday-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=The sales tax holiday for,be exempt from sales tax.

Unfortunately it doesn't apply to cars, or most big purchases.

If that was the case, there would be 0 vehicle purchases the rest of the year and every single car transaction would happen on those 2 days. Can you imagine the insanity going on that weekend if everyone rushed over to buy their car?

Also, unless you're also registering the car in NH, you won't escape the MA tax. The day you go to the RMV to register your car in MA, they will either ask to see your tax payment receipt or ask for the money up front.

The tax man ain't dumb.
MEH, but upgrades, or parts will be tax free.
Dash cam, pvc catch can. Every little helps.
Baker wanted 2 months tax free. sadly beacon hill sad, nah.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm going to buy a new Samsung phone,.....I'm guessing about $1,200 with no taxes.
I'll go to Best Buy and open up a credit card for 0% for 6 months and pay it off interest free.

giphy.gif

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Got the Samsung 21+ yesterday.
$1,100, which included the Otterbox Commuter case, a wall charger plug, (since the phone manufacturer does not include them anymore, just the cord), and I bought another wall charger/cord to leave at work.
Not bad, I guess. Saved a lot of money on taxes. Also updated my plan,......went to unlimited everything for the same amount that I am paying now, which is a no-brainer. ALSO, applied for the Best Buy card and got 0% financing for 24 months.
Win -win all the way around.
Sponsored