Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
So.. The best car I've ever owned was a 2007 Corolla. I sold it my niece for $2000 a few years ago and have been regretting it ever since. That car went EVERYWHERE. I drove it to Rogers Trough Trailhead (4wd high clearance recommended) in the Superstition Mountains... I never wrecked it, scratched it, etc.... But I did drive the ever loving shit of it. We went to the same trailhead at the beginning of this year (granted the roads are worse 8 years later because of ATV's but) and a 2WD Taco almost didn't make it there. Everyone in my family has since wrecked the car and it still runs... Talk about regret.. I want it back..

Please tell me not to buy a 2022 Corolla Apex or a 2022 Corolla Hatch with a Manual (they still have them!)... It would let me drive my GT a whole lot less, it's 13 months old and has 5,900 (hard) miles on it. Tell me why a Corolla is the worst idea ever..

I guess I could have put this in the Mustang VS thread but.... It's not a competition thing..
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Where is it on the insurance theft list.
For a daily, this matters. no matter how long it last, that metric don't matter if it is likely to go missing.

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I had a super clean low mile 97 Camry and I sold it and I regret it so much now.. I was younger and just embarrassed to be driving it around but now I miss it so much haha

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Corolla is a cute car, yep get it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The way gas prices are going youā€™ll love the MPG butā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I would never own a Corolla. Not because they are bad cars, but why would I drive one when I have a Mustang?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
So.. The best car I've ever owned was a 2007 Corolla. I sold it my niece for $2000 a few years ago and have been regretting it ever since. That car went EVERYWHERE. I drove it to Rogers Trough Trailhead (4wd high clearance recommended) in the Superstition Mountains... I never wrecked it, scratched it, etc.... But I did drive the ever loving shit of it. We went to the same trailhead at the beginning of this year (granted the roads are worse 8 years later because of ATV's but) and a 2WD Taco almost didn't make it there. Everyone in my family has since wrecked the car and it still runs... Talk about regret.. I want it back..

Please tell me not to buy a 2022 Corolla Apex or a 2022 Corolla Hatch with a Manual (they still have them!)... It would let me drive my GT a whole lot less, it's 13 months old and has 5,900 (hard) miles on it. Tell me why a Corolla is the worst idea ever..

I guess I could have put this in the Mustang VS thread but.... It's not a competition thing..
Maybe a Subaru Crosstrek if you like off-roading it a bit? If you want a MT that cuts down on your options for sure. There's the new Bronco, but that's not gonna scratch the itch of a shitbox you don't need to worry about, plus it's a bigger vehicle.

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Where is it on the insurance theft list.
For a daily, this matters. no matter how long it last, that metric don't matter if it is likely to go missing.
I borrowed my parents 2003 F250 for two days... Last day I parked it outside of my apartment with 0 miles till empty on the gauge.. I walked outside in the morning and was like WTF... Where's the truck... It was stolen and found 250 miles away, the DAY my parents were offered their settlement. It's still in use to this day with 400,000 miles on it because insurance didn't want to total out an expensive vehicle at the time..

Nice thing about a Corolla, that thing will last forever!

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I would never own a Corolla. Not because they are bad cars, but why would I drive one when I have a Mustang?
I hear you.. I love driving my Mustang. I certainly wouldn't trade it.. I do however like the thought of only putting hard miles on it. It crossed the 1,000 and 2,000 mile mark on the drag strip. Oh man.... I would like to make my Mustang live a 1/4 mile at a time :p

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
If you're dead set on having a daily to keep the miles off your Mustang, then a Corolla is as good as any and better than most. How many miles do you drive every day?

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
If you're dead set on having a daily to keep the miles off your Mustang, then a Corolla is as good as any and better than most. How many miles do you drive every day?
10 or less :)

Funny story though. There was a light blue Corolla hatchback that pulled up next to me at a light one day... I looked over and he had his window down so I said "Nice car!"... He looked at me and was "you too?".... Having to explain that I was serious was kinda funny.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
10 or less :)
I don't see the point then. Do it if you want to, but every time you're in the Corolla, you'll be missing the Mustang. That's not a long commute. I wouldn't simply because you'll also be paying car insurance for another car.

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't simply because you'll also be paying car insurance for another car.
I know... I know... But it's hard to reach terminal velocity in a Corolla.. Only takes me 3 seconds to break the law in the Mustang.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Down here liability on a cheap car is $30-35 a month. Unless youā€™ve had a good beater, most people donā€™t get it. I also get not wanting to drive one too.
Sponsored