Sponsored

Talk Me Out Of It 03 Cobra

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Have a 2022 GT on order. Had a 19 GT before but sold it a couple years back. Looking at getting an 03 cobra in the mean time.

Anyone else have an 03/04? Do I really need if, or both for that matter?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
FWIW - bad idea - I had two. And if you have to ask the question, why would you buy one? Info on Terminators is not exactly top secret.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Uhhh, it feels old at this point. They're still very fun, look great, and that blower whine is sublime....but the rear IRS is compromised, they make less whp than a stock 3rd gen NA coyote, and the interior is embarrassing by todays standards. Also, they're so annoyingly overpriced these days. I feel like they are traded by people who wished they had one when they came out who end up reliving their youth for 6 to 8 months before they sell it on to the next guy.

But, blower whine. If you want to experience that, I don't blame you. But just don't be surprised when it feels dated. The engines can make a lot of power if you set them up right, so there's also that. Nothing compared to the limits of the Coyote, but still pretty good numbers.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have actually had 5 03/04 Cobras over the years, but it has been so long since I have had one. Think around 13 years or so. In the last 5 years, have had 3 s550s. Have a car problem and now the 4th one on the way. Sold for various reasons over the years..

Yes, the pricing is a bit much with the 03/04 cobras and maybe if they were priced lower, it would be easier to buy but 28-33k for a non abused low mile car is getting up there.

Specracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would not talk you out of it, but we have Fox, SN-95, New edge, and S197 mustangs also. If you do get one, you will quickly be reminded what 20 years of development brings. BUT, that is part of the enjoyment, the driving "experience", its not all about ultimate performance (at least to me).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just get it. If you don’t get it now, you’re going to absolutely kick yourself in the rear when the going rate for an 03/04 Cobra will be $50k… and it’s not that far off.

Get it, enjoy it and keep it.
Sponsored