Talk Me out of a Supercharger/Supercharger Suggestions

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
On3 Performance Twin Turbo Kit, that will be crazy fun!
Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
This has nothing to do with or without their driving ability. If you smoke you increase your odds of health issues. If you cheat on your spouse you increase your odds of divorce. If you eat candy you increase the odds of seeing a dentist.
You are employed by a business that does nothing but figure odds. I'm surprised by your comment.
I just was giving the OP a response to thread asking for someone to talk them out of installing a supercharger. Are you suggesting that this should not be a concern.
In my experience, most people tend to drive cars with lots of money tied into them more carefully than those getting around in a clunker. Your argument attempts to draw the direct corelation to more power meaning inevitable crash and that just is not the case. If you want a more likley, but slightly less dark, reason to suggest he avoid a supercharger you could say "look at stangmode, look at those big holes in his block, going forced induction increases your odds of experiencing the same failure". Even this however is less than likely as he didn't indicate he wanted to take his car to edge of factory limits.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
In my experience, most people tend to drive cars with lots of money tied into them more carefully than those getting around in a clunker. Your argument attempts to draw the direct corelation to more power meaning inevitable crash and that just is not the case. If you want a more likley, but slightly less dark, reason to suggest he avoid a supercharger you could say "look at stangmode, look at those big holes in his block, going forced induction increases your odds of experiencing the same failure". Even this however is less than likely as he didn't indicate he wanted to take his car to edge of factory limits.
Very true. I drive my hoopty beater minmivan like a crazy person! My $60K muscle car, not so much. Besides, I stay off the road on Monday, it's cool.

1607261627267.png

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Look at photos of Rolled over Mustangs. The windshields become your lap belt.
This would be my reason not too increase the odds of a roll over by increasing power.
Why does the term "Hen Pecked Wiener" come to mind after reading this? LOL!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has nothing to do with or without their driving ability. If you smoke you increase your odds of health issues. If you cheat on your spouse you increase your odds of divorce. If you eat candy you increase the odds of seeing a dentist.
You are employed by a business that does nothing but figure odds. I'm surprised by your comment.
I just was giving the OP a response to thread asking for someone to talk them out of installing a supercharger. Are you suggesting that this should not be a concern.
I remember when I was a kid (in the 80's) and I was building fast cars. My excuse to my mom was always that a faster car is safer because I can get out of the way of trouble quicker. It actually made a bit of sense to me at the time. Mom...not so much.

Anyway, here I am all these years later and millions of driven miles!

I want something fun to drive on my commute and that I can take to the strip or track on the weekends and put down some decent times.

Totally get the concern though. All things being equal, if you don;t want to get killed in a fast car, don't get in a fast car.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Thought about that. Turbo cars are for tinkerers though. I want set and forget.
You could go for a twin screw or roots style and add the BMR CB006R to compensate for the removal of the strut tower, or if you want to keep it you can go with the centrifugal style, I know that vortech and Paxton have really strong whistles or blow off sounds if you like that kind of stuff and procharger is very popular as well

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could go for a twin screw or roots style and add the BMR CB006R to compensate for the removal of the strut tower, or if you want to keep it you can go with the centrifugal style, I know that vortech and Paxton have really strong whistles or blow off sounds if you like that kind of stuff and procharger is very popular as well
Hmm, that lower brace looks interesting. I have a convertible, so I need as much stiffness as I can get. I would like the increase in low end torque, but was stymied by the tower removal.

Hmmmm....

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hmm, that lower brace looks interesting. I have a convertible, so I need as much stiffness as I can get. I would like the increase in low end torque, but was stymied by the tower removal.

Hmmmm....
Haha there’s always a way! :p

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Much as I like PD blowers, if you want to keep the strut tower brace, a centri is a necessity. Talk you out of it? Um, no.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much as I like PD blowers, if you want to keep the strut tower brace, a centri is a necessity. Talk you out of it? Um, no.
I guess the question is should I be that concerned with the loss of the strut tower seeing as I have a convertible? There is that BMR front brace I could install...

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 supercharger. Once you put a blower on its life changing. You'll never want to drive anything not supercharged

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Do the convertibles have the K-brace (strut tower to cowling connection) installed as well as the STB? Daily driven - won't notice a difference without the STB. Get the car on road course and chances are you will or could notice (with sticky tires - not stock tires) a slight difference.

I don't know where to get the actual engineering load/flex information, but would be handy to see what led the engineers to install the STB along with the K-brace.

Mine is a 2020 GT PP1 with a Whipple Gen 5 and notice absolutely zero difference the way the car drives/handles without the STB on the street. You will never push a car on the street 10/10ths to notice before the stock tires give up first and will be the limiting factor - not the STB.

When I was racing wheel-to-wheel in the Texas region in a 1988 Fox Body Coupe - my lap times were actually .2 to .4 faster a lap without a STB.

Don't second guess yourself when choosing a supercharger - you will regret it. Don't look back.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
https://www.salvagereseller.com/care-for-sale/50289330-2011-Ford-Mustang-GT-PEKIN-IL

I guess if you want to post a thread in "forced induction" and ask for a reason not to do it, is code for telling the poster that the water great jump in. I on the other hand I took the question to be sincere. Didn't mean to ruffle the feathers.

When I owned my 2003 Terminator convertible I saw a Mustang rolled over, wasn't even a high speed deal. I've never forgot what that car looked like, put my Cobra up for sale soon after.
Sponsored