Sponsored

Taking off X pipe Roush, Corsa , or ? Axleback

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I have decided to take off the whole current FRPP Sport cat back and go back to the stock pipe w/factory resonator. It's just too loud for me and all the daily driving with an auto car. So.... I'm looking for an axle back kit that will be the right amount of growl without drone and a nice quiet interior sound good for conversation and phone calls (where I spend at least 4 hours a day talking to clients). I was looking at the Roush since a lot of people seem happy, and the Corsa sport ( a bit more $ ). I was looking for any reviews on any other setups that maybe I haven't read about that you guys/gals are really happy with.
I have listened to all the typical youtube clips but again it's subjective and they all sound fairly similar IMO. I'm leaning towards the Corsa sports but I do like the Roush sound as well.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Chris
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Hey Chris, I'd look at the Corsa touring mufflers. In all honesty, you can run the full sport kit and still be fine. The catback is a littler quieter than the sports but on the inside you truly can barely hear the system.

Give us a shout if you have any questions. Can't say enough good things about Corsa.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey Chris, I'd look at the Corsa touring mufflers. In all honesty, you can run the full sport kit and still be fine. The catback is a littler quieter than the sports but on the inside you truly can barely hear the system.

Give us a shout if you have any questions. Can't say enough good things about Corsa.
I have the Corsa Sports and they are quiet cruising but they do growl when on the Gas and during cold starts, mind you I have Headers also.
I ran the Roush axle backs with the resonator and that was a nice sound, paired with an X pipe and it droned like crazy.

Jayman is right, Corsa is top notch and the touring may be what your looking for. Exhaust sound is subjective so good luck.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I have decided to take off the whole current FRPP Sport cat back and go back to the stock pipe w/factory resonator. It's just too loud for me and all the daily driving with an auto car. So.... I'm looking for an axle back kit that will be the right amount of growl without drone and a nice quiet interior sound good for conversation and phone calls (where I spend at least 4 hours a day talking to clients). I was looking at the Roush since a lot of people seem happy, and the Corsa sport ( a bit more $ ). I was looking for any reviews on any other setups that maybe I haven't read about that you guys/gals are really happy with.
I have listened to all the typical youtube clips but again it's subjective and they all sound fairly similar IMO. I'm leaning towards the Corsa sports but I do like the Roush sound as well.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Chris
I have the FRPP Sport kit now and its damn loud and getting on my nerves so i feel your pain. One of my buddies did the MRT H pipe with the stock mufflers on his 2016 and i have to be honest its perfect for a daily driver. i think its the best of both worlds and for under $250 is one of the best and easiest mods to make. My other friend has the steeda axle backs with the X pipe and its insane loud and drone. so to each his own i guess.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Or keep the X on and add a Corsa Touring AB. No drone with those.

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I think I'm gonna try the Roush AB 1st, then if I grow tired of it I'll throw on the Lethal H pipe. I think the resonator delete pipes are just going to be too loud for me and all the time I spend in the car all day. I have yet to read a bad review on the Roush setup so I think that's the smart way to go right now.
Sponsored