Sponsored

Taking my GT350 through the guided car wash.

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
About 25 years ago Autoweek posted a cover photo of a new Ferrari (that was tested in the issue) coming out of an automated car wash. A couple of issues later they posted a couple of pages of letters about what horrible people they were and how badly they mistreated the car. At the end the letter they posted a short blurb about where the photo had been taken: the Ferrari factory at Maranello where every new Ferarri went through the same wash.
I highly doubt people with muddy trucks and ATVs are washing them at the Ferrari factory.

I made the mistake of getting lazy with a mustang gt I had so I took it through an automated car wash. It ripped my GT badge right off the trunk lid.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have a black car so I get water spots before I even have a chance to finish washing the car. I seen one of the detailers on Youtube use this product called Superior Formula 4 Spray Wax, it's $19 a gallon. He mixes it 3 to 1 with water in a sprayer and sprays down the car as soon as he's done washing it in the sun, somehow it stops the water from leaving any marks, even in direct sun when the water and soap is left to sit. I'll let you guys know if it helps with soap and hard water in the sun. I don't believe he sells the product, so it's not like he's trying to make money off it.

64Chevy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
1964 Chevy C10, 1998 BMW M3, 2008 Lotus Exige 240S, 2013 911 C4S, 2015 Wrangler Rubicon
Follow up--they just converted a very close "spinning brush" car wash to a touchless spray system. I am going to test it with another car first, and I'm certain is does not work as well as a hand wash, but it should work fine for a quick clean.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have a black car so I get water spots before I even have a chance to finish washing the car. I seen one of the detailers on Youtube use this product called Superior Formula 4 Spray Wax, it's $19 a gallon. He mixes it 3 to 1 with water in a sprayer and sprays down the car as soon as he's done washing it in the sun, somehow it stops the water from leaving any marks, even in direct sun when the water and soap is left to sit. I'll let you guys know if it helps with soap and hard water in the sun. I don't believe he sells the product, so it's not like he's trying to make money off it.
You shouldn't wash in the sun. Worst thing you can do.

Sponsored

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I use them as well 2 days a week :-) But my car is 100% covered in Self Healing PPF so the paint looking better then New. But I do drive over to the next city as there's is a Trackless wash. I don't need anything getting close to my wheels :-)

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

I guess this product didn't work?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I guess this product didn't work?
Sorry, Forgot about this thread. It does work. As soon as you're done washing the car you spray the entire car own with the mix from a spray bottle, then rinse it off after you've finished spraying it all over the car, it gives you extra time to dry the car before water spots appear. I've tried it in the sun a few times now and it made a big difference. It also adds a coat of wax in the process. I bought a gallon of their website which sells car cleaning products in bulk to car washes. It's cheap and worth a try. I've had luck with it.
Sponsored