Sponsored

Tailgate Gap Issue

Jdavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I have a 2024 Tacoma Limited. Had the issue with the power tailgate not closing all the way. Got that fixed. My other issue is the gap on the left side of our tailgate is bigger than the gap on the right side. Service department tells me this is how the 24 models are made. Anyone else notice if their tailgate is off like this? Pictures attached.

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Tundra's have the same problem. Perhaps that's how it's "Made" but it doesn't mean it's correct. Look at other Tacoma's if possible to verify. Have them fix it or find a another dealer.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have a Bronze Oxide Sport and have the same tail gate gap in mine. I don't have the power option, so no problems there. I didn't notice the gap when picking up the truck......exitement and all. I measured the gap at 1 centimeter on the one side and 1/2 centimeter on the other. The only other anomaly on mine was a missing plastic piece over the driver door that covers the holes where a roof rack would mount. The dealer is ordering the piece for me.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
common complaint here and every other taco forum. It's poor QC and dealers saying "that's just how they're made" may be correct, but it isn't a good thing.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
common complaint here and every other taco forum. It's poor QC and dealers saying "that's just how they're made" may be correct, but it isn't a good thing.
When I get mine, that'll be the first thing to look at.

JackieG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tahoe, 2016 BMW X5, 2024 Tacoma SR 4X4 MT
Picked up my SR 6 M/T yesterday - same thing.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
When I get mine, that'll be the first thing to look at.
If these trucks were 40K maybe we could overlook things like this, but c'mon. It's a toyota, which is supposed to be high quality AND they're 50K-70K!!! The profit made on trucks today is reported to be as high as 400%. Do better, toyota.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
My truck is powered and its not same. Left side is almost 2X the right side

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
So, is this a misalignment with the tailgate itself, or is the whole bed not squared up? How could it ever be fixed if you wanted it fixed?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
So, is this a misalignment with the tailgate itself, or is the whole bed not squared up? How could it ever be fixed if you wanted it fixed?
If the bed is the issue then there are bigger problems.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Same on mine. Powered. I attributed it to the power motors but now that non powered has same issue def not that. Although mine is jot nearly as bad as others. Maybe half a centimeter difference. But definitely noticeable

lvmusicman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Same on mine. Powered. I attributed it to the power motors but now that non powered has same issue def not that. Although mine is jot nearly as bad as others. Maybe half a centimeter difference. But definitely noticeable
Just picked up a white trd off road premium about 2 hours ago and the tailgate is perfect,the hood is very slightly off on drivers side but dare not let them touch it.
Sponsored