• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Try to get back when it's not raining, you will enjoy it more. Also try to hit the Cherohala Skyway, its lots of fun as well, elevation changes galore.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Try to get back when it's not raining, you will enjoy it more. Also try to hit the Cherohala Skyway, its lots of fun as well, elevation changes galore.
Making plans to go again next year. Working on getting a group together. Most likely the first week in May. If anyone from here is interested Iā€™ll post details as soon as we finalize dates.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
RTR grille looks perfect on your atlas blue stang. Awesome pics! I'm trying to go up there with my buddy who has a 3.0 Supra sometime this late summer/fall. Did you stop by the Tail of the Dragon gift shop?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have a weekend trip planned for memorial day weekend for the Tail of the Dragon and a bunch of the iconic roads around that area, driving from Indiana on a Friday and then Saturday and Sunday driving all of the iconic roads including the tail! Great pictures. Really selling me on the RTR grille for my atlas blue!

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Awesome I was planning on going end of the month after Memorial Day but theyā€™re doing construction and repaving the dragon. Should be done beginning of June !

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Made it to Tail of the Dragon while on vacation. Too bad it rained the entire weekend. Still had a great time and got to have a little fun with the car.

4451556.jpeg

4451555.jpeg

4451506.jpeg

4451505.jpeg

4451502.jpeg
How many passes did you make? Looks like you got out there early in the morning.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Awesome I was planning on going end of the month after Memorial Day but theyā€™re doing construction and repaving the dragon. Should be done beginning of June !
Wonder if they'll be putting up some guardrails? They've talked about it for years.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your strakes are showing šŸ˜šŸ•¶
Everytime I see strakes I get jelly because my dealer either didn't realize they weren't provided from ford upon doing PDI or took them out of the trunk and didn't install them. I didn't know I was supposed to have them until like 4 months later and then my sales guy never responded to my multiple inquiries. Now having the car 9 months, I feel like it's too long gone to try to get them from the dealership themselves.

Last edited:

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should make a run memorial day weekend. A good friend and I have a roadmap for the Saturday of the holiday weekend, 7 hours total, just over 300 mile loop starting in maryville, through the dragon and then a long loop back to maryville. The Sunday is 6hrs planned, back along the dragon once and then a large loop out towards Gatlinburg and pigeon forge back to maryville. All in, from home to there and around, then back, just over 1400 miles in 2 days. The construction won't be too back by the end of the month, but that's also why I planned a lot of other roads so the construction doesn't ruin the experience.

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
Everytime I see strakes I get jelly because my dealer either didn't realize they weren't provided from ford upon doing PDI or took them out of the trunk and didn't install them. I didn't know I was supposed to have them until like 4 months later and then my sales guy never responded to my multiple inquiries. Now having the car 9 months, I feel like it's too long gone to try to get them from the dealership themselves.
Levittown ford parts have them for:

Genuine Ford Dark Horse / GT Performance Pack Underbody Air Strakes Kit Of Two
PR3Z-9916A315-A​
1​
$105.93​
Subtotal​
$105.93​
Shipping & Handling​
$13.84​
Grand Total
$119.77
Nice price for those that want them.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
RTR grille looks perfect on your atlas blue stang. Awesome pics! I'm trying to go up there with my buddy who has a 3.0 Supra sometime this late summer/fall. Did you stop by the Tail of the Dragon gift shop?
Thanks! I have got a lot of compliments on the grille and hood vent. Yes, we bought four or five different shirts between that store and Deals Gap store. Got some pics of the tree of shame and the dragon too. It was a good time, even with the rain.

S650 Mustang Tail of the Dragon w/ 2024 Mustang GT IMG_6216

S650 Mustang Tail of the Dragon w/ 2024 Mustang GT IMG_6217