Sponsored

Tag Heuer watches and mid level watches in general?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you fly into St. John directly or did you go through St. Thomas? There can be some real deals since they are all duty free, but you really need to know your stuff.
St. Thomas then ferry hopped to St. John. It was a nice shop and maybe a 8-10min walk from the ferry on the outskirts of the town.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Check Costco regularly - both online and warehouses - that's where I got my Breitling. Omegas and Rolexes are available as well

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
This is a little late, but I’ve had great experiences with Jomashop and authenticwatches.com

Some people, including myself were skeptical on how these sites operate. Basically they buy overstocked watches from authorized boutiques that need to make room for new inventory. They do this by providing their own warranty.

Depending on the brand/model, sometimes you get a really good deal.
I failed to articulate that by ‘great experience’ I was referring to the price and authenticity. It doesn’t matter if you’re sending one hundred dollars or ten thousand dollars, Jomashop is going to deliver the same shitty, fuck-you approach to customer service, but sometimes it’s worth it, depending on the bargain.

Last edited:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Watchmaxx is also a reliable grey dealer. The way things are now you may get a similar price from an AD depending on what flavor of watch your looking for. I just recently got a quote on a Tag from an AD. They were cheaper than the Grey by $130.00, but they had to special order because they were out of stock on the particular one I wanted. The Grey supposedly had it in stock.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watchmaxx is also a reliable grey dealer. The way things are now you may get a similar price from an AD depending on what flavor of watch your looking for. I just recently got a quote on a Tag from an AD. They were cheaper than the Grey by $130.00, but they had to special order because they were out of stock on the particular one I wanted. The Grey supposedly had it in stock.
True. Regardless of the current closures, the AD’s are up and running. If you check your local AD’s website, I’m sure they have a liaison that is taking calls and emails.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I failed to articulate that by ‘great experience’ I was referring to the price and authenticity. It doesn’t matter if you’re sending one hundred dollars or ten thousand dollars, Jomashop is going to deliver the same shitty, fuck-you approach to customer service, but sometimes it’s worth it, depending on the bargain.
What do you have against Jomashop?

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Their customer service sucks, but sometimes their price is right.
I just bought a watch and I'm finding the CS actually very nice. Which is unusual for NYC.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I ended up getting my brother and I Tag Formula 1's from a local shop. They offered me a really good price, especially since it was at the height of Covid and I bought two. It was less than what Jomas was offering at the time and I have the factory warranty, so I was happy. I appreciate all the advice.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I ended up getting my brother and I Tag Formula 1's from a local shop. They offered me a really good price, especially since it was at the height of Covid and I bought two. It was less than what Jomas was offering at the time and I have the factory warranty, so I was happy. I appreciate all the advice.

I Enjoy my Formula 1. I wear it often!
20200527_151414.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Enjoy my Formula 1. I wear it often!
20200527_151414.jpg
Nice! I like the red on black. I went with the basic black and white chronograph version since they had two in stock of that model. I'm really happy with it and I feel like the Formula 1 is a style that can be worn casually or formally. Down the road I'd like to get an Omega Speedmaster or Planet Ocean but they're a bit out of my budget right now.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too. Pretty durable. The yellow one I’ve had for a quarter century so far. Funny enough it’s the only one with a good battery right now.

image.jpg
Nice collection! Looks like I need to add a few more to mine.