Sponsored

Sync3 Music iPod/USB Track Info

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Looking for those of you that may know how Sync3 syncronises with audio devices, whether it be an iPod, USB stick or similar? I have'nt been able get Sync3 to utilise the 'New Search' function (browsing currently unavailable ???) leaving one to use the 'explore device' folder option. Now and then a message comes up 'cataloging device', however it does rather poor job at it, in particular with 'Genres', which don't match the track, making selecting tracks by genre a useless exercise. For example, 'Shut Up and Dance' which both my iPod (iTunes) and Windows (file properties) shows as a 'Dance' track, shows as 'Alternative & Punk' with Sync3. Is there a way to 'force' Sync3 to catalogue a device.?
1638846027377.png
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Looking for those of you that may know how Sync3 syncronises with audio devices, whether it be an iPod, USB stick or similar? I have'nt been able get Sync3 to utilise the 'New Search' function (browsing currently unavailable ???) leaving one to use the 'explore device' folder option. Now and then a message comes up 'cataloging device', however it does rather poor job at it, in particular with 'Genres', which don't match the track, making selecting tracks by genre a useless exercise. For example, 'Shut Up and Dance' which both my iPod (iTunes) and Windows (file properties) shows as a 'Dance' track, shows as 'Alternative & Punk' with Sync3. Is there a way to 'force' Sync3 to catalogue a device.?
1638846027377.png
Are you using a thumb drive, and are you trying to browse while driving? When it indexes the device, it'll compare the media against the Gracenote database. That'll link up the genre as well. If you've categorized them how you like, you can view them that way by disabling the Gracenote option in Media Player (under Settings) to have it display it as it's tagged.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
There's an option for Gracenote management under Media Player Settings. Set Gracenote management to off and try that.

OP
OP
OzMustang S550

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Are you using a thumb drive, and are you trying to browse while driving? When it indexes the device, it'll compare the media against the Gracenote database. That'll link up the genre as well. If you've categorized them how you like, you can view them that way by disabling the Gracenote option in Media Player (under Settings) to have it display it as it's tagged.
I've managed to work out what is going (not) on. Sync3 was not fully 'cataloging' my devices, usally my iPod, but sometimes a USB which I'd carefully tagged all files (songs) using mp3Tag. (album, genre, playlist etc). Now that I've worked out how to force Syns3 to fully catalog a device, all is good.
Sponsored