Sponsored

Sync2 and navigation issues?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hi there, just popping over from the EU forum to ask a question...

Does your voice navigation prompts properly announce distances?

If yes, which software version have you got - and which languages can you choose from?

Some of us seems to have gotten US software on our mustangs which doesn't handle the EU F4/5 maps very well... As an example the voice prompts keep saying stuff like 'in 20m, 900m hold left in 1300m on to the (nothing)' while the screen clearly shows the distance like '350m'...

Even switching the units from KM to MI the voice starts off with 'in 20m, 3/10 of a mile...'

Cleary confusing :) and the same behaviour on 3.6 and 3.8 of the software...
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Mine seems OK. Just does fractions of a mile. Like ' In 8/10th of a mile, take the exit'

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Could I bother you to list your version number and which languages you have to choose from? Mine seems to offer English - French (Canadian) - Spanish (Mexican) only... not exactly a EU list to choose from...

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I have had no issues with mine.
Tell me how to find the answers to your questions and I will look

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not noticed any issues - once you get used to the voice commands to describe the destination and then set it separately as the destination.... (a bit quirky)

More quirky..... the only way that I have found of getting an album to play (from USB) in the track order (as opposed to alphabetically) is to use voice commands to play the named album... Has anyone found a way to browse files on USB and then play a full album in track order?

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Not noticed any issues - once you get used to the voice commands to describe the destination and then set it separately as the destination.... (a bit quirky)

More quirky..... the only way that I have found of getting an album to play (from USB) in the track order (as opposed to alphabetically) is to use voice commands to play the named album... Has anyone found a way to browse files on USB and then play a full album in track order?
Yes, I do that all the time. If I remember correctly, go to the entertainment section of Sync. Select 'USB' on the left side of the screen. Then select 'Browse' on the right (I think!). You should then get an option to browse 'All files', 'Albums', 'Artists' (or something like that). Select 'Albums' and you should get a list of all the albums (surprise, surprise). Select the album you want and away you go ..... Bob's yer uncle, Fanny's yer aunt. Let's rock! :headbang:

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
To find the languages on your Sync:
- press the "tool"/"cogs" icon on the home screen
- select "SETTINGS" and then "SYSTEM"
- languages should be on the topmost part of the screen (mine says English (US) so I'm guessing that's the issue...)

To find your software versions:
- select "HELP" and then the first option (system information??)

My voice navigation prompts tells me that my SDCARD doesn't support that feature and to go to syncmyride.com.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To find the languages on your Sync:
- select "SETTINGS" and then "SYSTEM"
- languages should be on the topmost part of the screen (mine says English (US) so I'm guessing that's the issue...)

To find your software versions:
- select "HELP" and then the first option (system information??)

My voice navigation prompts tells me that my SDCARD doesn't support that feature and to go to syncmyride.com.
How is it that your car arrived in Norway at the end of November but you only got it at the start of February?

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Lol... By choice :) there were new tax regulations in effect for January which meant I saved €5000 and I didn't have time to pick it up earlier as I had to take time off, fly down there and then drive the car home about 550km :) nice drive though ;)

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lol... By choice :) there were new tax regulations in effect for January which meant I saved €5000 and I didn't have time to pick it up earlier as I had to take time off, fly down there and then drive the car home about 550km :) nice drive though ;)
Wow that's a good saving, I now understand why you waited lol
Sponsored