Sponsored

Sync reflashed, now I cannot use two phones...

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
My original version of Sync I could sync my personal iPhone to the system for phone calls and sync my work phone for Pandora, at the same time. I have unlimited data on the work phone, personal I have limited, so I need to conserve it as much as I can. It was all automatic and I never had to change any settings whenever I got in my car to go anywhere.
Now I have to futz around with my settings each time I get in the car. It's almost like the new version will only let you set one phone at a time.

Heading back to my owners manual, but I thought I would ask here first, is this a feature the latest Sync does away with?
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My original version of Sync I could sync my personal iPhone to the system for phone calls and sync my work phone for Pandora, at the same time. I have unlimited data on the work phone, personal I have limited, so I need to conserve it as much as I can. It was all automatic and I never had to change any settings whenever I got in my car to go anywhere.
Now I have to futz around with my settings each time I get in the car. It's almost like the new version will only let you set one phone at a time.

Heading back to my owners manual, but I thought I would ask here first, is this a feature the latest Sync does away with?
Hi ScottsGT,

Which version of SYNC do you have:http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...h-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html

Whitney

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
It appears to be Sync with My Ford Touch. It's an early production '15. Built in late Oct. '14
400A options.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Did the master reset, same issue. What I don't remember is my original version of software setting a phone as a "favorite". This new version you select a phone as a favorite, or it defaults to the original phone you synced with blue tooth.
I verified by clearing out the phones again and resyncing in different order.
At this point I'm having to go to my source selection and select my work phone each time I crank up to car. If I make my work phone my favorite, then I cannot do hands free calling when someone calls me on my personal cell.
Sucks working for a state agency that won't pay you a stipend towards a cell phone, but they will hand you a phone that the tax payer is probably paying $100 a month on. You know, all in the name of kickbacks and benefits.....

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did the master reset, same issue. What I don't remember is my original version of software setting a phone as a "favorite". This new version you select a phone as a favorite, or it defaults to the original phone you synced with blue tooth.
I verified by clearing out the phones again and resyncing in different order.
At this point I'm having to go to my source selection and select my work phone each time I crank up to car. If I make my work phone my favorite, then I cannot do hands free calling when someone calls me on my personal cell.
Sucks working for a state agency that won't pay you a stipend towards a cell phone, but they will hand you a phone that the tax payer is probably paying $100 a month on. You know, all in the name of kickbacks and benefits.....

Setting a favorite phone has always been a SYNC feature. Also, the latest version still allows you to have more than one device connected, one for media, and one for phone calls. I'd like to try some additional troubleshooting. What type of phone is your work phone?

Whitney

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Work phone is an iPhone 6, personal cell is iPhone 6s

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Work phone is an iPhone 6, personal cell is iPhone 6s
I'll submit the concern for review. Please send a PM with your VIN, name, email, address, contact number, and current SYNC version.

Also, include your carrier, phone iOS version and the troubleshooting you have tried.

If the issue began after an update, please include that information as well.

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
How do I find my current version?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
3.0815128.EA.10_PRODUCT

I'll pm the rest of my info

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
If you have 3.8 you pair both phones.. set your favorite.. then when you switch to bluetooth push it again and it will bring up a menu of what phone you want to use for bluetooth audio and keep the other for phone calls.. that is how id mine.. I use my iPad for my daughter to watch movies that way sometimes..

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
If you have 3.8 you pair both phones.. set your favorite.. then when you switch to bluetooth push it again and it will bring up a menu of what phone you want to use for bluetooth audio and keep the other for phone calls.. that is how id mine.. I use my iPad for my daughter to watch movies that way sometimes..
Correct. But here's my problem. It doesn't remember this setting. Each time I get back in the car, it reverts my bluetooth audio back to the favorite phone, my personal cell.
Before I had the system re-flashed, it remembered the last setting and each and everytime I got back into the car my personal cell was set up for calls and my work phone was bluetooth audio. Now I'm having to do the dance you describe each time I start up the car.

If I make my work phone my favorite, I cannot take calls on my personal cell while driving.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey ScottsGT,

Is it possible that you had the media portion turned off in your personal phone prior to the reflash? If you are able to do this, open your Bluetooth settings in your phone (while paired to SYNC), and open the options for the SYNC connection. Most phones have MEDIA and PHONE separated and you can un-check MEDIA. Give it a try and let me know if that helps!

Rebecca
Sponsored