Sync/BT flipped out on me today. WTF?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Ok, problem is still there. Heading back to the dealership this week to get it reflashed.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
4.2" screen.
Hey Mbsk01,

Thanks for providing that information. If you shoot me the VIN, I can look a little closer. :)

Ok, problem is still there. Heading back to the dealership this week to get it reflashed.
ScottsGT,

Hopefully things get resolved. Keep us posted.

Whitney

Sponsored

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I noticed today that I have another Sync bug. It used to be that when a text arrived I could push the "listen" button and a TTS engine would read the text to me.

Now, after the Sync freakout, that no longer works. When I hit the "listen" button it just interrupts playback of whatever media is on for about 1/8 of a second and then resumes playback. That's it. Rolling or dead stopped, it doesn't matter.

Sync is just. . .ugh.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I noticed today that I have another Sync bug. It used to be that when a text arrived I could push the "listen" button and a TTS engine would read the text to me.

Now, after the Sync freakout, that no longer works. When I hit the "listen" button it just interrupts playback of whatever media is on for about 1/8 of a second and then resumes playback. That's it. Rolling or dead stopped, it doesn't matter.

Sync is just. . .ugh.
Hi brandonsmash,

I replied to your PM a while ago with a couple of questions. Have you performed a master reset by pressing MENU, SYNC SETTINGS, and then MASTER RESET?

Whitney

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Whitney, as noted in the OP I did do a master reset. In fact, I did several. Thoughts?
brandonsmash,

Please send a PM with your VIN, email, mailing address, phone number, and phone specs. I'm going to submit an escalation for this issue.

Whitney

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Same thing just happened to me after a month of ownership.. :\

Got my car Oct 10th, everything worked fine then in the middle of a song Sync crapped out and wouldn't play anything.

I did everything, delete pairing, car off, door open, door closed, full reset, add new device, pair again, successfully paired, hit the Media button for Bluetooth.. dead.

I haven't disconnected the battery yet, I was hoping after sitting for a few hours it would fix itself, doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm going to try to reset it with the battery just for peace of mind but I guess I may as well just go ahead and buy one of those micro-discrete 64GB USB sticks and just keep it plugged in all the time.. sucked big time driving in traffic trying to fix the damn thing only to get frustrated and have to do 2 hours in bumper to bumper with no tunes other than shit fm radio. (I tried connecting my phone to USB but my phone is like 5.7'' so it's hard to find a place for it where it isn't in the way, in the cup holders I keep bumping it and disconnecting the cable [hate mini usb])

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Only issue I've had with Sync 3 was when I went to pick up my car from the stereo shop, they had a test CD in there and when I went to eject it the radio portion of the system turned off and would not come back on.

The only solution was to re-insert the CD, then everything came to life, ejected again and it was fine.

Really odd issue.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
This thing is seriously aggravating the hell out of me.

What a shit system man.. you'd think a simple on/off or reset would fix the problem. I'm gonna disconnect the battery tomorrow, if that doesn't fix it, I'm going straight to the dealer.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I just experienced a weird one this morning. Screen locked up and I could not change it by going to the climate control screen. Had to shut the car off and start it back up. I'm off Monday. Probably put it in the shop to get reflashed since this was the next step.

Mbsk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Yeah, mine is starting to act up again. Yesterday, it did it's thing, but a master reset fixed. 10 minutes into a drive the next day, it's doing it again. This time, the master reset isn't doing the trick.
Sponsored