Sponsored

Sync/BT flipped out on me today. WTF?

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This thing is seriously aggravating the hell out of me.

What a shit system man.. you'd think a simple on/off or reset would fix the problem. I'm gonna disconnect the battery tomorrow, if that doesn't fix it, I'm going straight to the dealer.
I just experienced a weird one this morning. Screen locked up and I could not change it by going to the climate control screen. Had to shut the car off and start it back up. I'm off Monday. Probably put it in the shop to get reflashed since this was the next step.
Hey guys,

It sounds like a dealership visit is the best route for this one. Re-flashing the systems may resolve your issues.

Also, make sure you're checking your SYNC accounts for available updates:https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Yeah, mine is starting to act up again. Yesterday, it did it's thing, but a master reset fixed. 10 minutes into a drive the next day, it's doing it again. This time, the master reset isn't doing the trick.
Hey Mbsk01,

Did you get a chance to perform the update we discussed via PM?

Whitney
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Mine says up to date..

Sync v5.8 Confirmed Sept 16, 2015..

That's before I got the car, it would appear there are no updates.

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
And mine flipped out yet again today. This time I can hear phone, but no media (and when I try to connect media it automatically disconnects).

Time to pull the battery again.
Sponsored